• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Redneck Riveara Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I've done that as well. And I often blow into the hole first. Now and then, even when I can see that there is no juice bubble in the hole, it comes out anyway. I think I need a longer needle so I can make sure the syringe extends well below the bottom of the deck. The needle I have is really short for some reason.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Hmm. Just about 2 minutes ago, I followed a totally unrelated link and saw a video here on eHuman's blog. It shows him filling directly from a bottle - non-needle tip.

How to fill an AGA-T tank without a syringe

Will give it a try tonight or tomorrow morning - over the sink :unsure:

Sesshomaru

Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Milton, FL

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
wow that was crazy might have to try that some time

It was a complete fail for me. I guess my bottle wasn't compatible. Oh well. I get it right more often than not with my short needle and I have a longer one on order.

I'm just a mere mortal, but sorry you won't make it to the meet.

Has the meet been decided? Last I recall, there was discussion of having it on May 18th and McGuires or AJs in Destin were mentioned. Have I missed anything?

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I just splurged terribly. I have a ProVari on its way to the Redneck Riviera. And I won't even be at the house when it gets here! I wasn't expecting 2-day mail.

So now I have an excuse to get another RBA :) The Z-Atty-Pro and AC9 look great, but I don't know if I can justify that kind of expense (again) at this time. I think I'll take a closer look at that RSST.

Click. Tappity-tappity tap. Click... Tappity-tippity-tap. Click. Click...

Hmm. The RSST doesn't seem to be an exact clone of the AC9. There are physical differences.

• The AC9 top cap is taller and somewhat conical. Does the shape of the air (steam) chamber affect the flavor or temperature?
  • The RSST deck seems really shallow for holding the top cap compared to the AC9. Does this affect the stability or firmness of the top cap? My AGA-T2 top cap is kind of loose even with two o-rings.
  • The RSST has an insulated wick hole. Not really sure if that's an advantage at this point. I haven't had any trouble with my AGA and it's not insulated.

Can I justify buying an RBA that costs 2x more than my Vamo - or nearly as much as a Provari - just for the above? Can I justify buying a Chinese knock-off? I really like the idea of Made in U.S.A., but I am a capitalist in the end. The only real design rip-off I see here is the tank shape. Mfrs have been copying other designs with minor tweaks ever since the patent office started. These two items could easily get separate patents.

I'm afraid my wallet will decide for me. I may try the ZAP or AC9 some time later - or whatever the latest/greatest high end atty is at that time.

Sorry for the ramble. I seem to be typing out loud.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
well yiou might wanna hold onto that AGA T I have found a guy here on ECF that made better quality than the one that comes with it AND that kicker is he has them in al diffrent kinds of colors. He says the paint is fused so no scratching off or chipping. Hey dose anyone know if the 1/8th size ceramic wick will fit the wick hole on the AGA?

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Yea, I saw those AGA tanks somewhere too. They looked really nice. I haven't tried ceramic yet. I seem to be taking baby steps up the vape ladder, starting with crappy cig-a-likes several years ago, through good cig-a-likes, clearos, silica RBD, mesh, etc...

My wallet may not agree, but as has been said before, the journey is half the fun.

I'm off to Destin for a spell. Type at y'all later.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ex-tanks-hybrids-genesis-style-atomizers.html

there is the link for those tanks said they should be in for the aga by monday I think......the wife is now going to be getting into the RBA thing also so guess who is going to be getting a purple tank with her new AGA also found a Purple carbon fiber wrap for her vamo.....Its going to look like a giant dildo looking thing lmao

Last edited:

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Hey all,
Been pretty busy lately.... Well I haven't recieved a good response from McGuires so figure we can just get a couple of the tables outside and chat as long as it is nice. They do have an area outside I believe in the front there don't they? Think they had some seating out front the last time I was there. The last that was mentioned was that the 18th was the date it seemed most of us could make so was shooting for the 18th of May at 1 p.m. at McGuires in Destin. Is this still ok with everyone or should we just call it and plan something for next month? Up to you guys?

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Days like today sure make an indoor event look much more promising.. is it raining for everyone or just a dark cloud over my house today? Probably a beautiful sunshiny day in Destin.

I'd be up for either of those places.. or a number of other eateries in Destin.. one of my favorites is Pepitos.. then there's Callahan's.. same parking lot.. pretty much anywhere there's coffee :) is good for me.

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Well don't feel so bad Scabby, I am hurting myself. I would have to borrow someone else's pot just so I could piss in it..... :) Well we could just shoot for something next month unless there is objections. What does everyone want to do. I may not be able to make this one myself so if someone else wants to plan something they can pick up the reins or we can just figure something out for next month. What do you guys think?

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Ok well I like McGuires also so maybe I will see if we can get something reserved for McGuires Irish Pub in Destin if that is ok with everyone. I think they have an area outside that we can sit in but not sure about vaping inside??. Will call tomorrow and talk with them. Does that sound ok with everyone?

I realize this meet is fading out, but thought I'd mention that they do allow indoor vaping - at least on an individual scale - and they also have outdoor seating. And Ms Bimini thinks they just expanded the outdoor seating. I forgot to stop in on my way back from Destin.

Days like today sure make an indoor event look much more promising.. is it raining for everyone or just a dark cloud over my house today? Probably a beautiful sunshiny day in Destin.

Nah. It was raining and overcast all day. Ms. Bimini is house sitting for a friend and I was planning to mow their yard. Had to wait 'til today, but got it done. Yeesh. 3 dog day.

I just splurged terribly. I have a ProVari on its way to the Redneck Riviera. And I won't even be at the house when it gets here! I wasn't expecting 2-day mail.

Oh man. No vape mail waiting for me when I got home?! OK, which one of you raided my mail box! :mad: Oh, good old USPS snail mail. They were estimating a May 11 delivery, but it is still in PCola as of today - still estimating May 11 delivery :facepalm:. Just as well since I can now guard my mail box while stalking the mail carrier. :)

P.S. I'll try to stay open for next month. I have some friends coming in from CA but I don't recall their itinerary ATM.

Dusther

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Pensacola Fl
Bimini looks like our vape mail is spending the weekend together mine is still in P'cola as well....

Next weekend is up in the air over here as well. If the Wife's truck doesn't get repaired and tested then I'll be spending the weekend doing to heavy PM and putting a few parts back on mine for a road trip :/

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Hey all,
Well sorry I haven't been around in a few days. My hard drive finally decided to give up the ghost in my main PC so need to get one on order and I am on the kids PC right now. :( Well as it turns out I have to work this Saturday and I unfortunately need the money to bad to refuse so I will be unable to attend any events if it still happens. I will be game for next month though....

Hope all are doing good and will cya all when I can manage to get on till I get another drive for my pc.
Take care all

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Doing well here, SpEctRe. Hope you have a productive weekend.

Got my vape mail yesterday and have been vaping nearly non-stop on the new ProVari with my AGA-T2 on top. I haven't even put a wick and coil in the new RSST. Guess it'll have to wait until some of the newness wears off of the PV.

BTW, the longer needle seems to be the cure for my AGA filling problem. I've filled the tank 5 times with it and no problems. It's an 18g needle and I'm pushing that plunger pretty fast, too.

Dusther, what's up with the truck? Did your vape mail arrive in good order?

Dusther

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Pensacola Fl
Hey I think they mixed up our vape mail. All I got were some cartos and juice... :)

on the truck..........:censored: Took it to another shop they ran diag on it. The 1st shop was 100% WRONG. come to find out it was the distributor was cracked and the timing was off. Needless to say the first place that we took it to, and have for awhile. Won't be seeing us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread