• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Redneck Riveara Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Aww man that blows Dusther.. I hope you can get your $$ back for that without dealing with the court system

my vape mail gets here Friday! Of course it's nothing like y'all with those fancy rigs - just a coupla back up volt batteries.. clearos and a tobacco flavor for hubby to try from smokeless image - they STILL don't have back up T3 heads for me :( so there is site stalking along with mail man stalking this week.

I guess we've pretty much decided that this month's meet isn't going to happen in favor of a June get together, right?

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Lol Hey, stay away from my mail box - it's booby trapped!

At least it's an easy fix for the truck, though I have no clue what distributors caps/housings cost these days. Mine could use some new struts, but I keep putting it off for some reason. Not too bright since I sometimes tow my friend's boat. Just a few residential miles, but still . . . There are some roads in Destin make my SUV feel like a boat cutting through waves. And the gals didn't appreciate all the bouncing on a road trip we took to Key West some time ago.

<Nag to self> Put a hold on vape gear until you fix the ride!

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Sounds that way to me, Opal.

Volts were the ones that got me off cigs. Nothing wrong with them. I still use a Volt Spinner with a 808-510 adapter. I decided to go 510 so I could try other delivery systems. Then I seem to have let loose of the reins for a bit. Calling whoa so the wallet can take a rest here.

I have 3 unused 808 T3s and one unused head here that I don't need. I have a couple of used heads that I'm not too sure about (haven't used them in a while). Got a bunch of 808 nanos, too if you want them. PM me if you'd like me to mail them to you. Or maybe we can arrange for you to stop by here if you get down Shalimar ways.

I just got frustrated with the inconsistent QC on Kangers and am veering to RBAs. That's the same reason I'm sitting on the sidelines watching the new Kanger ProVape for a while. It sounds really good right now, but Kanger seems to let the QC go once they have a winner.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
I can say for sure that the protank is also kinda spotty the wife broke he first one with out even knowing it. The glass cracked all around the top and it just popped of like it was a cap Lol. The heads are good on them tho and I think I can even rebuild them without much hassle. Other than that I like it to the draw is loose just the the aga maybe even more so. Well hope everyone is doing good it's early and I gotten get off my .... and start my day.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
My sister has been buying disposable PVs at convenience stores off and on. She still smokes cigarettes. But, she buys the disposables to reduce her consumption.

She's interested in buying a more substantial setup and has allocated $100 to me to buy her a set. On a shoestring, I've pretty well decided on all except the business end. I'd like to get her a variety so she can chose what she likes best. A couple atomizers for dripping, and perhaps a rebuildable ... if y'all can recommend one that is both inexpensive and fairly easy to rebuild.

Keep in mind, she's been using cheap disposables, so the bar is pretty low. But, don't want crap either. I'll likely buy the same unit for myself at the same time. I've been a dripper for years and that is my preferred mode. I know there are rebuildables designed for dripping. Just need a recommendation, although I know most of y'all are tankers, I haven't been impressed with tanks as of yet.

Last edited:

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
hi ya NCC :)

RBA might not be the way to go for a cig-a-like vaper. I'm still using my volts and their big brother the X2s - which are still quite a bit smaller than most of the other PVs I see around - and I know it's going to make a bunch of yas cringe but they have auto batteries. The buttons still annoy me after 8 months of vaping.

The volt batteries last around 3 hours of chain vaping and the X2s go most of the day.. the 1300s anyway.

They don't have a drip set up but the cartos work for that with the guts taken out.

they're 808s from smokeless image (great color selections)
delivery devices are decent quality cartos - prefilled or blank - nanos, clearos and T3s (mini's too)

just my two cents

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Thanks Opal. But, sorry if I gave the impression she wants a cigarette replica. She knows the drawbacks of those. I'm getting her an 18650 based PV, possibly VV-VW.

Rebuildable would be new to both of us though. Thus the need for easy of use, heh. But, it should be dripible.

Last edited:

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
You might want to give the Kanger ProTanks a try. They're bottom coil and will be cooler than most drip systems, but they're getting lots of positive reviews lately. Not exactly rebuildable - they sell the replacement coils (heads) that are very easy to replace. Same company that makes the T3s.

If a warmer vape is desired, perhaps a top coil Vivi Nova would be good - they have mini versions, too.

My friend likes to keep it simple and uses a Spinner with the ego tank system (C or T, I don't recall). The are very similar to direct dripping since the plastic tank sits right above the atomizer. Easy to refill without any tools, too.

My one and only rebuildable dripper is the Saturn Venus, a knockoff of the Vision Eternity. It can be configured in drip mode or Ego tank mode. In drip mode, it holds a LOT of liquid - more than the tank, I think. It comes with one of those tanks, as well. It does have a very cool (temparature) vape, though.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm checking them out.

Wasn't really looking for a tank. I tried one a year or so ago. Didn't like it and it's collecting dust somewhere.
I read about the Kanger ProTank following the suggestion ... even the product description (trying to sell it) made it sound messy. Ah, that's what I remember about the tank I bought, heh.

Warm, moist vape is what I like. My sister? Well, all she's tried is disposables so hot & dry is probably all she knows. I think she'll be pleasantly surprised with an APV, almost regardless of the atomizer.

RE: Saturn Venus/Vision Eternity. I watched Scott's review/tutorial ...

and I'm convinced my sister could handle that rebuild, especially after she's watched the video. She's pretty handy with things of that nature. My eyes aren't all that great, but I think I could handle it as well. Troubles me a little that he and Scabby both described the vape as cool. I'm sure this is somewhat subjective and relative to what you're used to though. In the video he didn't seem totally put off by this and described the draw as middle of the road (a good thing).

I was really looking for advice on atomizers because I thought I'd already decided on the device. But, since you brought it up ...
the SmokTech S.I.D. ... hmmm, new to me. Good price, but about the same as the VAMO v2, which last I heard was a favorite amoung this group, right? I was going to decide between the VAMO and the Knight Rider from IKEN (vv only). I own a Knight Rider and like it, except the fire button makes my thumb sore. Now another item has been thrown into the mix, LOL.

I won't be making a final decision until I see her, probably Thursday evening, and present her with the options I've come up with. Gonna try to stay in budget of $100. That might have to expand a little bit. Still, it's neat what you can get for that today, as opposed to what you could get three years ago.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I have some Ahlusion juices on hand. I just got Smooth Criminal and Cherry Cola two days ago & they're steeping now.

Also on hand at 50/50 VG/PG and 18mg unless otherwise noted:

• Mango Lassi (0mg)
  • Mango Lassi 70VG/30PG
  • Peaches and Cream 70VG/30PG
  • Cherry Midnight
  • Mojito Cuban
  • Grape Vine
  • W & A Sasparilla
  • St. Patty's Shamrock (Cherry on Top)

If you don't succeed in ordering some before the next meet, let me know & I'll give it a try. Even with an account, it can be difficult to order within the tiny window between 9AM ET and "capacity."

Last edited:

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Hey all, Sorry for my absense...
Well I haven't been able to get on hardly at all lately and have been pretty busy with other things happening that have been taking presidence. Still having PC issues that I haven't got fixed yet, and some other stuff going on so have not had alot of computer time in about a month or so. If someone else wants to plan a get together or something let me know and I will try to make it. Would like to have a drink and a vape with ya Scabby before you guys head out to your next assignment....
Take care all and will cya all when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread