• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Redneck Riveara Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusther

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Pensacola Fl
Yeah vaping is definately on the upswing in the area. My parents work most of the festivals downtown Pcola and the area and we are seeing more and more out and about. It is nice that there are several stores in the area to pick up stuff at. Vapor Labz on Navy, Ecigpros on Pine Forest Road, Vapour Trails over in Pace on 90, and Smokin' Vapor in Destin. Yes I know I left out the store on nine mile but the last time I was in there you could only buy juice in 5 ml bottles and they only sold it in 18mg if you wanted less mg then you had to purchase 0mg flavored nic to match to cut it yourself at the same price. So nah not worth the hassle.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Just thought I'd pop in to mention that there's a new vape shop in Destin:

Vapor Master
743 Highway 98 E
Destin, Florida
(850) 650-6330
https://www.facebook.com/THEVAPORMASTERS/

Very easy access on the north side (west-bound) side of 98. I visited a couple of weeks ago and he was selling primarily SMOK products and proud of it. He was knowledgable and helped my friend quite a bit. He sells several different juices as well as makes his own. I only sampled a couple and they were enjoyable (already have quite a cache, so didn't buy any). And the juices are VERY reasonably priced - particularly when compared with the only other shop in Destin.

Sorry, but I misplaced the business card and forgot the proprietor's name and his handle here on ECF. I'll be sure to stop by and get a new card next time I'm in town.

Dusther

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Pensacola Fl
I'll have to second Bimini's report on the store. I stopped by on my lunch break today nice place nice ppl. The shop owner wasn't there but they do have nice selection. I had kind of a hard time locating the shop but if you are familiar with Destin once heading West on 98 from Main street, just as soon as you pass the Goodwill store it is the second driveway and the store front in on the building facing 98.

fleur_de_lis-in-FL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Central FL
I just wanted to check in and say Hi! i would be interested in a meet. I'm in Crestview, but travel around.

I like Vaping Sisters in P'cola they have some good juice. They carry egos and innokin.

There is also Vaping Planet on Eglin. I haven't been there since shortly after they opened.

Looking forward to a meet up.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Looks like Vaping has really really taken off on the Gulf Coast. I can think of 5 shops that have opened up in the last 6 months and a few more on the way.

Any one interested in breathing some life back into some get togethers and possibly get some of the Vendors around in on it?

I'm open to the idea. Ms Bimini (some of you met her at the first meet in P'Cola), has stopped vaping altogether, but she might want to come anyway.

I just wanted to check in and say Hi! i would be interested in a meet. I'm in Crestview, but travel around.

I like Vaping Sisters in P'cola they have some good juice. They carry egos and innokin.

There is also Vaping Planet on Eglin. I haven't been there since shortly after they opened.

Looking forward to a meet up.

Do tell! I don't have base privs, but my friend in Destin goes there every week. He would love to know about this.

girlsdrivetoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Truckin' across America
Vapor Planet is in Uptown Station off Eglin Parkway. On the new side, like two stores down from Five Guys. Nice little shop, I was there over the weekend while on hometime. They also just opened a second location in Navarre last week. Its across the street from Publix in the same plaza as NYPD Pizza.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I already posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd let the locals know:

After over a year of relatively discrete vaping in planes and theaters and openly vaping in restaurants, malls, bars, etc,... it finally happened. The brand spanking new Margaritaville in Destin, FL told us that vaping is against company policy. The bartenders didn't say anything, but a passing waitress did and a manager confirmed it.

I suspect the locals won't care much for the place anyway. It is a huge tourist trap with an overwhelming number of T-shirt shops for one building. It is definitely not getting my or my friends' business. They remodelled one of the older buildings on the harbor and tore down the stairs that faced the fishing fleet and other harbor businesses. They built new stairs that face a ritzy hotel and its touristy store fronts.

Never cared for Jimmy's political views. And this place really conflicts with the lifestyle he portrays in his music. A lifestyle that is lived and loved by many people in the Redneck Riviera.

Dusther

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Pensacola Fl
I already posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd let the locals know:

After over a year of relatively discrete vaping in planes and theaters and openly vaping in restaurants, malls, bars, etc,... it finally happened. The brand spanking new Margaritaville in Destin, FL told us that vaping is against company policy. The bartenders didn't say anything, but a passing waitress did and a manager confirmed it.

I suspect the locals won't care much for the place anyway. It is a huge tourist trap with an overwhelming number of T-shirt shops for one building. It is definitely not getting my or my friends' business. They remodelled one of the older buildings on the harbor and tore down the stairs that faced the fishing fleet and other harbor businesses. They built new stairs that face a ritzy hotel and its touristy store fronts.

Never cared for Jimmy's political views. And this place really conflicts with the lifestyle he portrays in his music. A lifestyle that is lived and loved by many people in the Redneck Riviera.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dusther

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Pensacola Fl
Hey guys the vapingcc.com site who put on the convention down in Tampa the weekend of the 21st is looking for votes on where to have the next one in the summer of 2014 pop over there and vote for our area in the write in section.

Where would you like to see the next VCC Vaping Convention? Click here to take survey
I entered Pensacola or Fort Walton Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread