• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Reducing levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
Have you ever found that some days you need more vape time than others? I'm not really stressed, but I'm chain vaping and just can't feel it?

I've recently dropped from 12 to 8 and I was fine for a few weeks. The first couple of days I'd try 12 in the am and vape 8 the rest of the day.

Now today I feel like I haven't vaped at all? I wonder if my body is retaliating and asking for the 12 again?
Does this sound silly?

I should possibly have two cartos on the go. Anyone else experience this effect after dropping levels?
It's been a few weeks, or maybe I'm having a bad day. :glare:

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I tried going from 24 to 0 cold turkey one day to see if I could. I was an absolute wreck, felt a buttload of cravings, and I vaped myself dizzy once I switched back trying to regain equilibrium. Turns out nic is an important part of my vape experience. Who knew, huh? :)

Recently, I dropped from 24 to 12 (meant to go to 18, but forgot to change the nic level in ejuicemeup) because my body was starting to rebel (nic headaches and the like), and I haven't noticed much as far as adverse effects go. I vape more, juice-wise, I think, than I did on the 24, but less in total nic consumed throughout the day. If that makes sense.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I think changing nicotine levels should be slow and gradual, plus having 2 different levels around is helpful, but a pain. I'm currently balancing 2 18 mg strong-ish tobaccos, with a 16 mg maple/mild tobacco. Nicotine can definitely mess with your body, so what you're feeling doesn't sound silly to me. I found it a very trying and time consuming process to figure out what nicotine level my body is going to be happy with. I think vaping is 10 times harder than smoking was in that aspect.

Last edited:

staypuffed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
golden beach
i went from 24 to 18 but i had a lot of 24mg mg juices about 50 different flavors what i did is just once i needed to restock flavors i just ordered 18mg and eventualy they all became 18mg the days i used 24 i vaped alittle and when i used the 18 i vaped alot and as the 24mg flavors ran out and all im left with is the 18 it balanced it self out i used about 2.5 ml on the 24 days and about 4 on the 18 days now im at a steady 2.5 to 3ml a day and it works for me

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
If you where a smoker for a long time your body is addicted to the Nic, so the best way I have found to drop your MG level is by doing it only 1-2mg's at a time,,, and even if you chain vape more for a while when you drop that 1-2mg's its perfectly ok and fine to do so, dropping in the small amount of 1-2mg's at a time your body & Brain dont feel it as much, so weening off slowly is the best way in order not to have the withdraw symptoms that we get if going cold turkey or dropping in larger mg amounts.

Zeeman

Aug 11, 2011
Nova Scotia
I started at 22mg. It's been just over a year and I'm currently at 3mg and this next order will put my into 1.5mg territory. I did try some full strength 9mg liquid about 3 weeks ago and just about fell over from the nic rush.....lol. Didn't end up wanting it back thankfully. I hope to hit 0mg in the next 1-2 months.
I probably won't give up vaping - I enjoy it too much. I have started playing with DIY 0mg.

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
FWIW, I found the same thing SnS :)

There is a mathimatical difference in your drop down "level" as well.

If you were vaping 24mg and dropped to 18mg, you cut your nic intake by 25%
If you were vaping 12mg and dropped to 8mg, you cut your nic intake by 33.333333333333333333333333333333 %

So you might be noticing it more due to that as well :)

If you mix up some 8 and 12 you can try 10 and see how that turns out.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
Thank you ALL for your input & feedback! :)

I completely agree it should be a gradual process, slow and steady. I know I dropped too quickly,
and felt it the first few days, but got over it.

I am curious why now, after I felt 'adjusted' that I'm experiencing a withdrawal? Perhaps,
it is the same reason why smokers start up after a long period of quitting? It is not just a psychological
factor. I suppose this is proven when vaper's have the satisfaction of holding something and blowing vapor into the air.

WOW Shades...looking at 33% makes me cringe. Too drastic, I am going to mix and get to a 10.
I have two pv's on the go at the moment and look like a fanatic. LOL

My main goal is to reduce to 0 eventually. I gave it a year, but I will take as long as needed.

mojojo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Northern Ontario, Canada
What I have been doing lately cause I chain vape and seem to lose the TH sensation and i vape even more when that happens, I started to vape a 0mg and my 12 mg...

I vape the 0mg for a while then go back to my 12mg when I have the nic need and whoa! momma I feel the throat hit and my brain is happy again.. I will decrease my mg like that slowly. having a no nic one and a use the nic one when I have the urge for it

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
The easiest Drops in my opinion are from 36mg to 24mg,,,,,24mg to 18mg and 18mg to 16mg or 12mg,,,, after this point of hitting 12mg-16mg is when it gets much tougher to drop,,, this is where I particularly suggest dropping 1mg-2mg at a time, you wont feel it as much, you can drop 1-2mg's and even vape your brains out for a while, sooner or later you will level off to your normal vape, when this happens you know your good,, and if you want you can drop again or stay there for a bit and drop again at a later date, but this really worked well for me. I now vape 12mg during the day and after dinner I drop to 8mg for the rest of the night, I get to sleep easier doing this too, I hope to be at 8mg full time soon.

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
SnS,

Like I mentioned I happen to find a few juices that I just loved from a huge sample of juices I bought from someone, and the ones I really really liked just happened to be 8mg. I found for a few days it wasn't really bothering me, I just noticed I was vaping more than normal ( aka ALOT+ALOT to the power of ALOT ) . Then one day I was at work I actually felt like grabbing an analog because I just wasn't satisfied, it was almost like it took my body several days to realize i was tricking it :p and it had enough of that crap!!!

I actually had to go to 15 and 18 to get myself back to my happy 12 place, heck even an occasional 24 from my better half's PV at first.

It's good/great to set goals but as us ex smokers know its not easy kicking the nic habit, slow and steady wins the worm or something like that :D

Do what you can to go lower but don't feel like you have failed if it takes you longer... taking longer just means you finally made it , you just happened to go into overtime on that one ;)

Mojojo brings up a good point too, TH could have been a big part of what was missing a stronger flavour juice to tickle the tonsils a little harder might help with that missing piece :)

Rock on and Vape strong!

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I mainly vape 18 and 12 mg, when I first started vaping I used 24 mg exclusively. I agree with chagrin that changing nic levels should be a gradual process and I do have one juice at 24 that I ocassionally puff on during the day.

You and me are twins seperated at birth.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
I just got to thinking.... why am I so worried about reducing my nic content?? I sure as hell didn't worry about it when I was smoking!

What I WOULD love to do, is to stop having to think about it all the time. I certainly didn't think about smoking when I was, other to than feel disgusted with myself on occasion, so why can't I just get on living my life without having to think about it :(

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
Don't think about it Farmer Bric :) But it is odd when we think back to smoking and how we didn't have a concern
in the world. I did however, compare brands and switched right before they put up the invisibility cloak of denial. **if you don't see them, they don't exist and you will magically leave without a pack**

Update: I've mixed some 12 & 8's...seems to be helping. I did almost a straight day back on 12 and it felt
a touch too to tooooo much. I suppose in the last few weeks my body has adjusted to a degree to the 8.
So, I'll take a few weeks working with a 10-ish.

Thanks for your words & suggestions everybody :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread