Refilling Carto's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnellyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
I'm a carto freak, all I use now. Manual batts only (no chance to leak into housing)...KR808D's or Chuck with adapter for cartos.

I just learned this refill method last week and refilled tons of empties (ex-prefilled) in minutes! It was fun too...I was/am amazed and grateful for the trick...works much better than any other method I've tried, even the syringe...:D

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
I have been having good luck by using this plunger method to fill thru the mouth piece end. Stop before it comes out the batt end or use less fluid in the condom (<1ml). Put in the .... plug and let sit in upright position(batt end down) overnight so the fluid can soak in. A 45cal. ammo storage box works well for holding the cartos. If there was any fluid between the filler and the mouthpiece, it soaks in overnight so no fluid in mouth the next day. If you add the Taryn spin or thermometer shake to this, you can probably get another .5ml in. Most of the time I use auto batts and no problem so far. Just my experience so far. Enjoy!

Last edited:

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
twister" data-source="post: 1020685" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
twister said:
A 45cal. ammo storage box works well for holding the cartos. Enjoy!

Now, if all of us had one to use, that would be great.
But some of us dont have holsters! LOL

"""Put in the .... plug and let sit in upright position(batt end down) overnight so the fluid can soak in."""

This could be the savior in the marination.
Overlooked that for using auto batts.

Thanks!
Rob

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I woder how much juice leaks out the end and I want my juice in the filler fabric not all over the place. I use the one where you toss the cap and little ring and use the condum with a little hole in it. just pop the condum put in the juice, back on with the condum and vape. No caps and syringes and other things to clean and it's so quick and easy.

donnellyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Just try it, the fit is so tight and suction as you push slowly gets it all in. It's amazing, and not as messy as it sounds, I can fill it and then plug the other end and stick it away for later or vape it immediately...

I haven't wasted any juice at all! When you see the tiniest blurb at the batt end, you stop and take the filler condom off...if there's any juice left because you overestimated what it would take, puff a few and suck up the rest.

I get more liquid in this way, I had been doing the cap off, hole in the condom thing but when transporting it'd leak sometimes because you can't cover the condom with the hole...this makes 'em like new...again, just try it, you'll love it...

JimStanmore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2009
Southern NJ
I was extremely skeptical at first, but I gave it a try. I have now used it for about 30 cartos so far filling through the mouthpiece, not the battery end. I have no leakage from the battery end or mouthpiece (all of my batteries are autos, so I am very particular.) When I use 18 - 20 drops or about 3/4 capful there is almost no liquid left in the cap. I have also used another tip someone else found out: spin the cartridge then put the plug and cap on and give it a few good thermometer shakes. Then you can get 5 or so more drops in. Most times I don't bother with that, though.

For topping off, I use about 5 -8 drops. For a blank cart I can get about 25 in with the spin addition. I rinse out a bunch of cartos, sit them in front of the space heater for about 10 minutes, line them up and fill. It amazes me that I can do about 15 cartos from start to finish in about 45 minutes that way.

If you read the thread posted above you will see all of the converts that are converted.
BTW, this is the only way I have found so far to get a really good fill with thick liquid.

Last edited:

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
Alright pilgrim, that ain't no squirt gun on my hip.:lol:
Heres the link for plastic ammo box. It holds 50 cartos in separate compartments for less than $2. Check your local sporting goods stores and sometimes even Wally World (Walmart).
Frankford Arsenal Flip-Top Ammo Box #507 41 Remington Magnum, 44 Remington Magnum, 45 Colt (Long Colt) 50-Round Plastic - MidwayUSA
Might be an item to consider for resale if you can get a qty discount.
Take care.

"""Put in the .... plug and let sit in upright position(batt end down) overnight so the fluid can soak in."""

Thanks!
Rob

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
NP Rob, Sometimes I forget that not everyone is a gun nut like me.LOL
Are you getting ready for the next snow storm? Looks like another one heading your way for Wed. or Thur. Hope ya'll stay warm. Take care.

Twister,

I will check out the link.
Wasnt making jokes, just expalining that not all have the compartment handy

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
You can always use one of those large size daily dosage pill containers from the pharmacy. Works really good for holding the cartos......label each day for a different juice and just put the carto in and you are good to go. You can get 4 cartos in for each day for a total of 28 cartos. I take 8 pills a day so I needed the large size. So duh brain control...lol... I said "self, perfect container for either 901,510 or cartos."

Last edited:

donnellyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
OK then, here is the question: Will this method top off half-filled cartos? Does it seem to only take as much as it needs?

:confused:

Yes, they only hold what they need, look for the "burble" that starts (mouthpiece in the juiced condom) at the top batt end, twist it out, wipe off any thin juice film and you're good...I always do that, you want to keep the cartos wet! ;)

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I too have been using this method. Like most I was skeptical but it's been working well. I've overfilled a few but am getting the hang of it. I test the cartos w/ my manual batt before using them on my auto. I also make sure I wipe the threads good.

The originator of this method has posted some other carto mods as well.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA

Thanks!
Rob

This thread has some pictures and sources for ammo boxes.

And this one shows ammo wallets. Both are fantastic for storing cartomizers!

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread