Different refill method

Status
Not open for further replies.

callofthevapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
st Petersburg FL
I just had to go and read the rest of that post......looks like our favorite spinner made it into that thread too

Initial efforts seem pretty cool. Used the mouthpiece-end method and it just sucked it right in. I combined it with a "thermometer shake" (and a Taryn carto spin on a 2nd one) to evenly distribute the juice into the filler and so far vaping great.

kdcaines

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Manchester, NH
Okay, I had my doubts about this one! I just had to give it a try though.
I just filled 3 used carts this way and "wow" it works. 3 carts in literally under a minute.
I put 18 drops in the condom and slooooooowly pushed mouth side down. at the end I saw a tiny bit of juice bubble at the top of the battery hole, I plunged the condom just a tiny bit several times and it sucked it right up. Pulled the condom off and wiped it down,and it's vapin' like crazy!

I admit using the taryn spin method I can get more drops in, so these carts may not last as long. But the ease and time factor may make up for it.

callofthevapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
st Petersburg FL
oooh, i just got some blanks. I'm gonna give that a try! I don't know if I could enjoy it as much as doing the Taryn Twirl... but I may!
No reason you couldn't give it the Taryn spin after filling it with method. Myself I don't think I would try it with out using the spin afterward to get all the juice down where it belongs

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Okay, I just tried this (and my first refill attempt, at that!) and it seems to work fine. I took what I figured to be an almost empty French Vanilla Ice Cream cart (my current favorite) and figured I'd top it off. By way of experimentation, I took 15 drops of Smilin Special Menthol and plunged it. Then I did the world famous Taryn Spin and found I could put another 8 drops in. Spin again, and wipe it off. Looking in the hole I could see some liquid, so I gently blew it out into a napkin and wiped everything off again. Since I'm incredibly impatient, I immediately tried it out. No juice in the mouth, although there was a bit of a gurgling sound that might indicate it needs to absorb more.

And wow. Let me tell you something: FVIC + Smilin Special = EPIC WIN.

SOOOO good, and is now my new favorite. I'm going to try and exercise some self control and let the cart sit overnight (I've heard that's recommended), but this seems to be a winner for a quickie refill, and let me just say again: Do youself a favor and try mixing Smilin Special with FVIC. It's absolutely heavenly!

Blue Skies

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
So Cali
I just tried this and then did the Taryn Spin afterwards. I used a once-used cartomizer that needed to be refilled, filled the condom up a third of the way, plunged, and spun. I think I under-filled a little bit, but I wanted to vape it immediately. So far, works awesome!

I haven't had much luck with prying off the caps to refill. It took me a long time and sometimes I would overfill and the cartos wouldn't even work afterwards. This is a lot easier and SO much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread