Refilling Volt Cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty new to this so go on easy me. I'm about a week into vaping and using my Smokeless Image Volt. I gotta say, I love it! I've smoked 3 or less analogs per day since owning the Volt. Today I haven't had any yet. I bought the kit with 2 batteries and got myself some different flavor cartos.

That said, I have a few questions. I placed some orders for e-juice from a few different sites that I first researched in the e-liquid forum. I saw SteelJan's video showing how to refill the cartos. It was very informative and helpful. My question is: Do I save my cartos when they run out for refilling? Can I use different flavor e-juices in those cartos? Do I have to clean them first before switching to a new juice? If so, how?

I also find that with rapid and heavy use, the carto becomes pretty warm and the puffs are not that satisfying. They lack in throat hit and vapor. If I let them settle down for a few minutes, the device works properly. Is this normal?

I also noticed that if my lip is in the way of the whole when I take a drag, it kind of burns my lip. Is that normal as well?

Other than these minor questions and issues, I have to admit I LOVE my VOLT! I didn't think it would be this easy for me to quit (or cut down drastically) smoking.

Sorry for the dumb and n00bish questions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I would buy blanks if I were you. That way you won't be mixing flavors together. Or the other option is to clean and dry them. To clean, boil them for 15 minutes twice...change the water out for each boil. Sling as much water out as you can then put in food dehydrator or stand on non-threaded end to dry for several days.

Letting the carto settle allows the fluid in the carto to get down to the coil. So yes, it is normal.

Remember that the liquid had to get heated to vaporize so yes, your lips will get warmed if it's over the hole.

Any vendor that sells kr808d-1 blanks will do just fine in the event that smokeless image is out of stock.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it.

madmartyr72

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
IN
I just got my Volt in the mail yesterday and I too love it! My PV before the Volt was an eGo and I must say, the Volt was exactly what I have been looking for. It took me about 5 hours yesterday to go through my first carto of 555 and I just went ahead and filled it with Boba's Bounty using the condom method. I didn't clean the carto or anything and it works like a champ. Massive vapor! The 555 and BB are both tobacco flavors so I wasn't too concerned. If you decide to just refill a used carto with your own juice, I wouldn't worry too much. Usually after a few hits the new juice will overpower any of the old juice taste still left. This however does not go for refilling a carto you already had your own juice in with another unless the flavor of the new juice greatly overpowers the old (like Cinna-Bomb or AC). If that isn't the case, you may want to clean the carto first.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I try to refill with the same flavor or use a flavor that will blend well with the one that was in the carto or you'll end up with yuck intill the flavor is gone I accidently mixed my cheese danish with hazelnut tabacco they would in the same kind of bottle and about the same color, I got to get a label maker

I would buy blanks if I were you. That way you won't be mixing flavors together. Or the other option is to clean and dry them. To clean, boil them for 15 minutes twice...change the water out for each boil. Sling as much water out as you can then put in food dehydrator or stand on non-threaded end to dry for several days.

Letting the carto settle allows the fluid in the carto to get down to the coil. So yes, it is normal.

Remember that the liquid had to get heated to vaporize so yes, your lips will get warmed if it's over the hole.

Any vendor that sells kr808d-1 blanks will do just fine in the event that smokeless image is out of stock.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it.

Do I boil the entire cartomizer? Obviously I would take the rubber stopper out...

riverwhiskey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Lohman Missouri
I do reuse pre-filled cartos with my own juice without cleaning. Have to be aware of what is mixing. I have gotten some really nasty vapes doing this, but i also have gotten some really interesting ones. Usually i will refill those with a tobacco or brandy type of juice without problems. or fruits on top of tobacco carto's works well to. Never tried cleaning because of all the bad press cleaning carto's here on this site.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
You could try boiling. Do a search for KR808 carto cleaning and you should get some good info. Youtube is usually a good source also for videos.

Honestly, I've never had any luck cleaning filler cartos. Turned out to be to much effort for minimal if any results. I'd just use the same or similar flavors in each until they went bad and toss em. If you keep them wet they should last a good while.

Ok thanks for the info everybody! I will try refilling with similar flavors. I also placed an order for a pack of blanks as well as that new silver/chrome battery that is just so dope looking! I'm down to five unused prefilled cartos so my juice better come in tomorrow! If not I'll have to do with a cheapo e-cig from 7-Eleven for a day...as long as I'm not smoking analogs!

You could try boiling. Do a search for KR808 carto cleaning and you should get some good info. Youtube is usually a good source also for videos.

Honestly, I've never had any luck cleaning filler cartos. Turned out to be to much effort for minimal if any results. I'd just use the same or similar flavors in each until they went bad and toss em. If you keep them wet they should last a good while.

After watching a couple of videos on YouTube, I am going to try soaking my used cartos in Everclear. I also love the Taryn Spin method of drying. How inventive! This community amazes me everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread