Regarding TW's 901 attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

korova8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
Dallas, TX
I saw a video on youtube where a guy had a TW 901 on his provari running at 4.5 volts so I picked up 2 901 attys last week and just tried them on my provari. i am getting an error code like the 901 is too low of ohms. what resistance are 901's. Ive never had any experience with 901's, only 306 and 510's. Is 901 always LR? Im confused.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I can't be certain without actually digging one out to meter it, but I think they're around 3 or 3.2 ohms IIRC. The ones I've bought from there have all been SR not LR. I'd say check your adapter to make sure there isn't a short. One easy way to do this is to take a multimeter and measure the atty ohms both with and without the adapter installed on it, they should be near identical readings

korova8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
Dallas, TX
I can't be certain without actually digging one out to meter it, but I think they're around 3 or 3.2 ohms IIRC. The ones I've bought from there have all been SR not LR. I'd say check your adapter to make sure there isn't a short. One easy way to do this is to take a multimeter and measure the atty ohms both with and without the adapter installed on it, they should be near identical readings

Ill have to try that. A buddy of mine has a multimeter so Ill try and use his. Ive heard many great things about the 901 and hope one of these two I ordered works out. Thanks for the advice!

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Make sure you check the internal resistance of your meter, first. Just set it to read ohms and put the two probes together, then make a note of whatever reading you get. Then when you read the atomizer (one probe on the center piece of the connector, one probe on the threaded section) subtract this number from whatever it reads. Inexpensive multimeters typically have a little bit of internal resistance

For example: my cheapo multimeter reads 0.4 ohms with the probes touching, so if I measure an atty and it reads 2.0, then the atty resistance is 1.6

That sounds complicated, but really it's not :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread