The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Regret purchase!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by HeidiB, Jul 10, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. HeidiB

HeidiB Senior Member

Mar 14, 2018
    So with 4th of July sales i wanted to buy something for my daughter and i. I got myself a Fireluke mesh tank and even a $10 resin expansion tank. After trying both coils with the tank and even ordering another box, hoping that was just a bad batch, and trying other compatible coils i still HATE this flavorless tank. I've heard mostly great things about it but yuck! So, anybody have luck selling their stuff they just didn't like or am i stuck looking at a pretty tank that i won't use?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Necrospecter

Necrospecter Dulce de Leche to rule them all Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    Try the trade section maybe you will find a buyer

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Regret is best served when stumbling home the next morning. Purchasing it seems pointless to me.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    If you get verified on this forum, you could post it on the classifieds. If you don't want to do that just post it on ebay.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    What tanks were you using before the mesh?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Sometimes it takes a couple of tank fulls before flavor kicks in. Especially if they are big tanks.

jmho
    :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. HeidiB

HeidiB Senior Member

Mar 14, 2018
    I might see about doing that. Thanks.

I am using the Crown and crown 3 mini and love it. Wanted to try mesh.

I did try this. I wanted to like them. I tortured my way through 2 tanks and only the tiniest bit of flavor came through over the cotton. I was careful to prime thoroughly with all coils tried and pushed myself to get through 2 tanks with no improvement. Honestly it's so bad that the flavor would have to knock my socks off to make me go through that every coil change.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    What watts and how much af were you using? I have to say you are the first in any forum that I've read this tank isn't providing flavor. Not that I think you are doing anything wrong, but wondering if there is something you haven't tried.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Have you used the juice in another tank, with different coils? Also, can you try another juice in this tank?

:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HeidiB

HeidiB Senior Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Af? With the supplied coils, 0.15 ohm, I started watts at 40 first coil and worked my way up. Second and 3rd i started at 30 and went up slower. I went up to 75 and it got warm so i went back down. My juice is 70/30 so that should be fine.

Yes to both. I used my favorite juice and others, even strong blue raz flavor with the same results. These are all strong flavors in my other tank. Even my Zenith mtl gave more flavor. I wish i could find something I've done wrong so i could fix it. I can't think of anything else to try without risking wasting more money throwing it at this tank.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    AF=airflow. That might be your problem, you are used to a tighter draw that usually concentrates flavor. Starting with lower watts shut down af to about a third or less open. May not work if it doesn't keep the coil cooled sufficiently worth a shot if you haven't tried yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. HeidiB

HeidiB Senior Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Ahhh yes, i have tried shutting down the air flow because i did hear it increases flavor with lower air flow. The wattage I've also tried just enough to fire the coil and higher to the point that it's uncomforably warm, going up in .5 increments and then .2. I just knew i was missing a perfect small window sweet spot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    That. My strong menthol DoubleMint was just spearmint and peppermint without any mint or menthol for quite a few tanks in my Themis. Once enough of the menthol got into that gob of wick it's full of flavor.
    Other flavors take the wick right over.

• Like Like x 3
  14. HeidiB

HeidiB Senior Member

Mar 14, 2018
    If the flavor wasn't horrible to get through I'd be willing to go through another tank. I vaped on it all day and it would have to be more satisfying than lobster and butter to make it worth it to vape on it again. I was so frustrated today i thought of smoking and no tank is worth that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Sounds like it just isn't the tank for you. Maybe stick with less airier tanks.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I understand you not wanting to need to go through 3 tanks of cotton flavor every coil change even if the coils last a long time.

I wish the people who say they had no break in with that one said what liquid they used.
    I had peach move right in and take over from coffee that had trouble taking over from rootbeer, but I'm all rebuildable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mimi25

Mimi25 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2018
    My first mesh coil was a dud so I suspect we got from the same line. Second one hit perfectly so I wouldn’t give up. The flavor is really good when it works. Mine came with two coils.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Mimi25

May 29, 2018
    The mesh coils have a longer than usual break in period. You may have to baby them a bit for them to serve you well for a long time. If you don’t have the patience to do that then they are probably not for you.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mimi25

May 29, 2018
    You should give it a chance because the flavor is fabulous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. jim_87

jim_87 Resident Forum Lurker ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    I will recommend the Nunchaku tank from Uwell. I love the flavor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.