Regret purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
So with 4th of July sales i wanted to buy something for my daughter and i. I got myself a Fireluke mesh tank and even a $10 resin expansion tank. After trying both coils with the tank and even ordering another box, hoping that was just a bad batch, and trying other compatible coils i still HATE this flavorless tank. I've heard mostly great things about it but yuck! So, anybody have luck selling their stuff they just didn't like or am i stuck looking at a pretty tank that i won't use?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So with 4th of July sales i wanted to buy something for my daughter and i. I got myself a Fireluke mesh tank and even a $10 resin expansion tank. After trying both coils with the tank and even ordering another box, hoping that was just a bad batch, and trying other compatible coils i still HATE this flavorless tank. I've heard mostly great things about it but yuck! So, anybody have luck selling their stuff they just didn't like or am i stuck looking at a pretty tank that i won't use?
What tanks were you using before the mesh?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sometimes it takes a couple of tank fulls before flavor kicks in. Especially if they are big tanks.

jmho
:)

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
If you get verified on this forum, you could post it on the classifieds. If you don't want to do that just post it on ebay.
I might see about doing that. Thanks.

What tanks were you using before the mesh?
I am using the Crown and crown 3 mini and love it. Wanted to try mesh.

Sometimes it takes a couple of tank fulls before flavor kicks in. Especially if they are big tanks.

jmho
I did try this. I wanted to like them. I tortured my way through 2 tanks and only the tiniest bit of flavor came through over the cotton. I was careful to prime thoroughly with all coils tried and pushed myself to get through 2 tanks with no improvement. Honestly it's so bad that the flavor would have to knock my socks off to make me go through that every coil change.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I might see about doing that. Thanks.

I am using the Crown and crown 3 mini and love it. Wanted to try mesh.

I did try this. I wanted to like them. I tortured my way through 2 tanks and only the tiniest bit of flavor came through over the cotton. I was careful to prime thoroughly with all coils tried and pushed myself to get through 2 tanks with no improvement. Honestly it's so bad that the flavor would have to knock my socks off to make me go through that every coil change.
What watts and how much af were you using? I have to say you are the first in any forum that I've read this tank isn't providing flavor. Not that I think you are doing anything wrong, but wondering if there is something you haven't tried.

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
What watts and how much af were you using? I have to say you are the first in any forum that I've read this tank isn't providing flavor. Not that I think you are doing anything wrong, but wondering if there is something you haven't tried.
Af? With the supplied coils, 0.15 ohm, I started watts at 40 first coil and worked my way up. Second and 3rd i started at 30 and went up slower. I went up to 75 and it got warm so i went back down. My juice is 70/30 so that should be fine.

Have you used the juice in another tank, with different coils? Also, can you try another juice in this tank?

Yes to both. I used my favorite juice and others, even strong blue raz flavor with the same results. These are all strong flavors in my other tank. Even my Zenith mtl gave more flavor. I wish i could find something I've done wrong so i could fix it. I can't think of anything else to try without risking wasting more money throwing it at this tank.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
AF=airflow. That might be your problem, you are used to a tighter draw that usually concentrates flavor. Starting with lower watts shut down af to about a third or less open. May not work if it doesn't keep the coil cooled sufficiently worth a shot if you haven't tried yet.

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
AF=airflow. That might be your problem, you are used to a tighter draw that usually concentrates flavor. Starting with lower watts shut down af to about a third or less open. May not work if it doesn't keep the coil cooled sufficiently worth a shot if you haven't tried yet.
Ahhh yes, i have tried shutting down the air flow because i did hear it increases flavor with lower air flow. The wattage I've also tried just enough to fire the coil and higher to the point that it's uncomforably warm, going up in .5 increments and then .2. I just knew i was missing a perfect small window sweet spot.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

jmho

That. My strong menthol DoubleMint was just spearmint and peppermint without any mint or menthol for quite a few tanks in my Themis. Once enough of the menthol got into that gob of wick it's full of flavor.
Other flavors take the wick right over.

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
That. My strong menthol DoubleMint was just spearmint and peppermint without any mint or menthol for quite a few tanks in my Themis. Once enough of the menthol got into that gob of wick it's full of flavor.
Other flavors take the wick right over.
If the flavor wasn't horrible to get through I'd be willing to go through another tank. I vaped on it all day and it would have to be more satisfying than lobster and butter to make it worth it to vape on it again. I was so frustrated today i thought of smoking and no tank is worth that.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
If the flavor wasn't horrible to get through I'd be willing to go through another tank. I vaped on it all day and it would have to be more satisfying than lobster and butter to make it worth it to vape on it again. I was so frustrated today i thought of smoking and no tank is worth that.

I understand you not wanting to need to go through 3 tanks of cotton flavor every coil change even if the coils last a long time.

I wish the people who say they had no break in with that one said what liquid they used.
I had peach move right in and take over from coffee that had trouble taking over from rootbeer, but I'm all rebuildable.

Mimi25

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2018
The mesh coils have a longer than usual break in period. You may have to baby them a bit for them to serve you well for a long time. If you don’t have the patience to do that then they are probably not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread