Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I own 3 and the new Mesh Pro. Never had a bad coil and always great flavor between 48-57w. These smaller mesh coils do take a bit for the flavor to change over from another. Some flavors are tankable and some aren't, what I use in my rda's do not taste the same as tanked and vis versa.
I wouldn't give up just yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
My first mesh coil was a dud so I suspect we got from the same line. Second one hit perfectly so I wouldn’t give up. The flavor is really good when it works. Mine came with two coils.
I used both coils that came with the tank, a coil from my son's uforce (nonmesh and was okay), and then ordered a new box and tried one from that, all with the same results from the mesh. I wish I could see what I was missing.

The mesh coils have a longer than usual break in period. You may have to baby them a bit for them to serve you well for a long time. If you don’t have the patience to do that then they are probably not for you.
This is what I am thinking. I get great flavor with other tanks and coils without much break-in and decent flavor even with the break-in time so to have to vape 2 days on a very unpleasant vape just isn't worth it to me.

I own 3 and the new Mesh Pro. Never had a bad coil and always great flavor between 48-57w. These smaller mesh coils do take a bit for the flavor to change over from another. Some flavors are tankable and some aren't, what I use in my RDA's do not taste the same as tanked and vis versa.

If the flavor wasn't horrible I would, or if it was even just a tank to get through, but I went through 8 mL at least before realizing that I was craving a cigarette and it just wasn't worth it when I had a perfectly good tank that I already enjoyed. I was hoping mesh would wow me, but nothing is worth me wanting to go back to smoking.

Thanks for all the advice y'all. I will give it a good cleaning and see if I can get at least some of my money back. I still have 4 unused coils but just can't see putting anymore time or money into this. I am using the crown 3 and love it but wanted a second tank for my second mod and like to have 2 flavors going. I also like my sons uforce so think I'll give that a try and just stay away from mesh. I wanted it to work so badly and really gave it all the time I'm willing to put into tasting cotton. Maybe it does better with stronger fruity flavors and I do more bakery type flavors.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've briefly tried mesh coils over the years and never liked them. I always got some sort of metal taste in the vape even after scorching it with a mini torch. I used cotton wicks for years and finally tried Rayon ... I'm sold on it.

I'm sure there are many better tanks for MTL, but I'm still sold on the Kayfun 2 and the Beserker MTL RTA.

One of the worst experiences I had with mesh was a tank that I can't remember the name of. The mesh had to be rolled into a cylinder and the wire wrapped around the cylinder. I never got it to produce anything resembling good flavor. I"m sure I did it wrong, but it's in a box in the closet somewhere today.

Simple is usually better for me. That means an SS316L single coil with a rayon wick. It suits my MTL vaping style just fine.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I used both coils that came with the tank, a coil from my son's uforce (nonmesh and was okay), and then ordered a new box and tried one from that, all with the same results from the mesh. I wish I could see what I was missing.

This is what I am thinking. I get great flavor with other tanks and coils without much break-in and decent flavor even with the break-in time so to have to vape 2 days on a very unpleasant vape just isn't worth it to me.

If the flavor wasn't horrible I would, or if it was even just a tank to get through, but I went through 8 mL at least before realizing that I was craving a cigarette and it just wasn't worth it when I had a perfectly good tank that I already enjoyed. I was hoping mesh would wow me, but nothing is worth me wanting to go back to smoking.

Thanks for all the advice y'all. I will give it a good cleaning and see if I can get at least some of my money back. I still have 4 unused coils but just can't see putting anymore time or money into this. I am using the crown 3 and love it but wanted a second tank for my second mod and like to have 2 flavors going. I also like my sons uforce so think I'll give that a try and just stay away from mesh. I wanted it to work so badly and really gave it all the time I'm willing to put into tasting cotton. Maybe it does better with stronger fruity flavors and I do more bakery type flavors.
There is no one thing that literally works for everyone. I think you have the right idea, just move on and try another. I have a box full of gear that worked well for most but didn't hit my sweet spot, it's part of the journey.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
YouTube is your friend when it comes to choosing where to spend your vape money. Most of the reviewers go from opening the box to demonstrating the vaping modes. They talk about likes and dislikes and point out features that work and those that aren't implemented as well as they could be. Watch a few for any product and you'll come away with info to base a purchase decision on.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I own 3 and the new Mesh Pro. Never had a bad coil and always great flavor between 48-57w. These smaller mesh coils do take a bit for the flavor to change over from another. Some flavors are tankable and some aren't, what I use in my RDA's do not taste the same as tanked and vis versa.

How do you like the mesh pro, I'm getting one when I can find one available. As far as the fireluke mesh, I have nothing but great things to say about it.

Reactions: stols001

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
How do you like the mesh pro, I'm getting one when I can find one available. As far as the fireluke mesh, I have nothing but great things to say about it.

I did see that Eightvape had the pro available, at least the last time I looked, which was a few days ago.

Yea, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm disappointed because all reviews I found said the flavor rocked, and that is what keeps me vaping, I love the flavor and get my nic at the same time, and don't stink! Lol

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I found the Fireluke lacking in flavor, too. My all-time favorite tank is the Freemax Starre Pure, which I still use faithfully (along with 2 others) so I was surprised that the Fireluke didn't produce the same caliber of flavor that the Pure tank does. Of course I use the ceramic coil in the Pure tank, so that's probably it. I also have a mesh coil in the Eleaf Ello Duro tank and that one has WAY more flavor than the Fireluke. Still not as good as the Pure coils, though. I wish I could put that coil in every tank, lol!

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
It really makes me feel like I'm missing out on something. I have zero complaints about the vape on the crown coils and love them, but still open and exploring new hardware. My first tank when I started vaping was a MTL tank everyone loves and I hated that one also, but then was blown away by the Zenith and then started DL vaping when I got vape tongue and just use the MTL when I need something more stealthy. I guess I just have different taste than a lot of people. I got more of a tiny hint of flavored cotton, but mostly cotton and maybe metal taste to these. I even flooded one thinking it just hadn't soaked up enough juice. The vape was there, lots and lots of clouds, but tasteless clouds. I think if it were from not getting enough juice in the cotton the cloud production would suffer also, but not sure.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
It really makes me feel like I'm missing out on something. I have zero complaints about the vape on the crown coils and love them, but still open and exploring new hardware. My first tank when I started vaping was a MTL tank everyone loves and I hated that one also, but then was blown away by the Zenith and then started DL vaping when I got vape tongue and just use the MTL when I need something more stealthy. I guess I just have different taste than a lot of people. I got more of a tiny hint of flavored cotton, but mostly cotton and maybe metal taste to these. I even flooded one thinking it just hadn't soaked up enough juice. The vape was there, lots and lots of clouds, but tasteless clouds. I think if it were from not getting enough juice in the cotton the cloud production would suffer also, but not sure.

Missing out plus money wasted is why I hate seeing people give up early. But there are times only you can know that something is just that bad. And that's with rebuildables, there's not much you can do with drop in coils.

I think in VW (I haven't used it in a long time) flooding can be a lack of vapor and flavor. Lack of liquid would be dry hit. I'm not sure what clouds and lack of flavor would be unless the flavors you were using take a long time to take over that much wick (I don't have one but it looks like they have a lot of cotton).

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
Well I have 3 coils sitting in a baggy that I can decide to try later on and they can be used in the uforce if I decided to try again, which I probably will since I already have them. I even wonder if I might like them better in the uforce. Maybe it is the air flow in the tank itself that I don't like. I can close off the air flow from the bottom but I'm sure tanks made differently have different tastes altogether so I'm still going to at least try one of the 3 I have saved. Typically, the crown coils I use take probably 1/4 to 1/2 the tank, max 2.5 mL of liquid to get full flavor but I can still taste the flavor even with the coil breaking in. With this mesh coil the cotton is overwhelming, even at almost 2 tanks, and that is the extended bulb tank, so 7-8 mL vaped through it. I might be giving up too early but I would expect at least some flavor to be coming through, enough to be vapable.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
It's great. I am currently using the single mesh, dual mesh, and triple mesh coils. I haven't tried the SS316l single mesh coil yet but the flavor is spot on, lots of airflow, no leaks, new wicking design, and an improved topfil. On tank #1, using the dual mesh coil, I am on day 11 and it's still producing great flavor and vapor.

Reactions: dennism

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I hate to say this, but I am going to say this.. The road to my perfect vape was littered with unsuitable equipment, or not durable enough equipment (CLR coil tanks I am talking to you..)

The fact of the matter is, learning your vape preferences involves a certain amount of (financial) failure. I can usually MAKE better choices (now) but I've been at this for a WHILE. I know I will never love DL for example. I've had tanks I found I could "make work" and ones I just hated.

If you hate it, sell it or get rid of it give it away even. Whatever makes you feel best. I have gifted vape gear that I knew I wouldn't love and others do, I've made great trades on the classifieds, and have been gifted from time to time (With INCREDIBLE generosity) by more senior members.

So get it away from you move on etc.

Anna

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
Maybe I've just been lucky, I don't seem to be having the flavor problems that some are having. I am priming a new coil right now, so I'll see how it goes. I prime from the top until the side slots look moist.

This is what I did also, with all 3 of the coils. How long does it take before getting any flavor at all? If I try really hard and use my imagination I can taste a slight hint of what I know the familiar juice is supposed to taste like but it is overpowered by a strong cotton/metallic taste. I think I'm actually smelling the juice rather than tasting it.

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread