Regulator & Polarity??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Is the polarity an issue with regulators? I want to put the small on from madvapes in a mod because the first dome switch I used failed using it straight on a 14500 setup. I took it apart and it only has a .050" center contact and a C shaped outer contact that is very thin also. I love the switch though.
Is there any post showing a setup with that tiny little regulator? I have a hard time getting a hold of it with my grubby fat fingers. Also, would it benefit from the caps I got along with it?
Oh...and why on all the diagrams does the positive side of the batt go to the center of the atty? Seems to me it wouldn't make a difference but then again electronics aint my strong point.

Thanks

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Manufacturer recommends caps but I'm finding they work fine without them.. So as a simple holder I use an alligator clip held with a pair of visegrips.

On most all the regulators without control it's Vin, gnd, Vout with the regulator, pins toward you, facing up. Positive side of the atty goes to the Vout of the regulator.

Here's the spec sheet: http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/NCP5667-D.PDF the whole back, tab and little itty bitty center pin are gnd so you can solder gnd to any of thise spots.. Top of page 2 describes the pins.

hoog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread