Madvapes 5v regulators rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Just finished my first 3xAA 5 volt box mod..man this thing hits like a train!I'll try to get pics up later.Thanks to the how to section on MadVapes.I was getting 4.9 on my homemade pt but this one gets 5.1 consistently with 2 14500's:D didn't know .2 volts would make that much difference but it does must be the amperage
Were those volts under load? Actually vaping with an atty?

jctennis

ECF Veteran
Another reason these regulators rock! You can use them for a touch switch set up. I tried it for the hell of it and if you just use some contacts to touch in lieu of a switch it does work and works well! It opens the options for shoving even more crap into a tiny tiny space. FYI I used brass nails for the touch contacts.

Last edited:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I forgot the parts list I used, all from madvapes of course:

1 3xAA box
1 510 Connector, Sealed
1 LED (your choice, 1 470 Ohm resistor included)
1 470 Ohm resistor
1 tactile switch with 4mm actuator
1 5V/3A regulator

Great Stomp, Just got delivery today from Madvapes of the parts for my mod. Now to squeeze it into a tube mod.

VPJUNKIE510

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
I just don't understand why I can't get this to work?? I followed the ezduzit post to the T, and nothing I put the batteries in no power. what so ever I changed the main kill switch nothing I changed the pos and neg connector's for the batteries nothing I changed out the resistor nothing. anyone no why I am getting no power?? And yes the batteries are charged fully

jctennis

ECF Veteran
I just don't understand why I can't get this to work?? I followed the ezduzit post to the T, and nothing I put the batteries in no power. what so ever I changed the main kill switch nothing I changed the pos and neg connector's for the batteries nothing I changed out the resistor nothing. anyone no why I am getting no power?? And yes the batteries are charged fully
The most likely culprits are cold solder joints, or connectors are not fitting properly on the batteries. First off, just take a small screwdriver and put a little pressure behind the connectors and see if you can get it to fire. If that doesn't work, double check for any bad solder joints. If neither of those help, post back and I'll see if I can come up with anything else.

ETA: try bypassing the main kill switch all together. Also, the negative wire must be soldered to the second post from the left on the kill switch. If it is on the left most one it won't work.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

VPJUNKIE510

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
The most likely culprits are cold solder joints, or connectors are not fitting properly on the batteries. First off, just take a small screwdriver and put a little pressure behind the connectors and see if you can get it to fire. If that doesn't work, double check for any bad solder joints. If neither of those help, post back and I'll see if I can come up with anything else.

ETA: try bypassing the main kill switch all together. Also, the negative wire must be soldered to the second post from the left on the kill switch. If it is on the left most one it won't work.

Hope that helps.

checked both and nothing still no energy.. I bought a back up regulator I might just try and set that one up and see if it work's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread