Status
Not open for further replies.

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
It's amazing how many people out there expect free service when it comes computers... :facepalm:

True story. Also people buying software 10 years ago that was for win 98 and then they buy a new pc with win 7 64 and they expect a free upgrade when there is none. Then they want a refund because they can't use it anymore. Those 10 years though they want for free.

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
I actually haven't reinstalled Windows due to a 'problem' since I got this computer over 6 years ago, and I use it on a daily basis with a web of various programs running at various times of the day to suite my needs (graphics utilities, video recording/editing programs, Office programs, web design programs, browsers, desktop-email programs, not to mention all the layers of security software... you name it). I have however installed Windows fresh on various different computers, as secondary boots to this computer and others, and to make the switch from HDD to SSD from a backup, but my days of reinstalling to fix a problem is long past.

Not to toot my own horn here, but I am very adept at keeping my PC up to optimal conditions at all times, if something shows even the slightest issue (even something like an extra 5 seconds on boot or shutdown), I research the heck out of it and fix it ASAP. So far of all the thousands of issues I have come across in my days (of varying degrees of impact) I haven't been stumped by a problem that I needed to reinstall Windows over.

Guess I am just weird that way, my computer is my life, and I treat it as such. I have years of history on this thing and even though I run daily scheduled backups, the thought of having to reinstall and start over again is something I do NOT want to do. I likely don't even remember 1/10th of all the adjustments I have made over the years to my registry, services and various other things, so I would hate to have to do it again because my PC is exactly where I want it and it took a lot to get it to the performance level it is at.

But with that said, I have only been vaping for a few weeks now, and in that time frame I haven't done any Windows installing.

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
True story. Also people buying software 10 years ago that was for win 98 and then they buy a new pc with win 7 64 and they expect a free upgrade when there is none. Then they want a refund because they can't use it anymore. Those 10 years though they want for free.
Yes, I have dealt with folks like these in my job before. Annoying.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
My mom used to tell all her friends my daughter fixes PC's I told her to stop telling people that tell to them I work at wal-marts or something but stop volunteering me to fix peoples old out of date computers, after 14 years in deskside support and now remote helpdesk the only person's computer I fix is my own or my mom's can't get out of that or I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread