Rejected VG Sample Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
I made a request for a VG sample from P&G Chemicals and received a response today. This does make me wonder if/when more companies are going to take the same initiative.

Google Extension Doc...couldn't get link to work...

Position Statement on tobacco

June 17, 2013

P&G Chemicals maintains our position that we will not supply any of our glycerin brands to the tobacco industry. This includes all Superol, Moon OU, and Star grade glycerin products in North America and Asia.
P&G Chemicals made the decision to exit its business with the tobacco industry in 1995 and has since upheld the decision. Our position remains consistent with P&G’s commitment to Health Care.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
They exited in 1995? Hmmmm... I would think if a company were exiting due to new regulations, it wouldn't have been so long ago.

However, I agree. Recently, more and more flavor extract companies have warnings and/or statements that their products are not intended for vaping.

I wonder if these claims are to 1) save their butts and 2) shy away from having to conform to new regulations. If they're not selling for vaping, I wonder if they still have to comply.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA

Not A One

Verified Member
May 10, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Awhile back I called Dow to inquire about a sample and was told they only provided samples to companies. No consumer samples. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see federal regulations in the near future prohibiting the sale of pg/vg/nic to ecig vendors.
That's never going to happen. PG and VG are unbelievably ubiquitous in all sorts of industries. If e-cigs become illegal at a federal level, then supplying manufacturers with chemicals to be used for production might also be illegal, but I doubt it would go any further than that.

Awhile back I called Dow to inquire about a sample and was told they only provided samples to companies. No consumer samples. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see federal regulations in the near future prohibiting the sale of pg/vg/nic to ecig vendors.

So Dow won't provide samples to consumers, but do you know if they will sell their products to us?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I do believe until there is a Final MIXED Produce, that would be Business Discrimination and likely illegal.

Then again, that is why we live in a FREE country. So Government can FREELY tell us what we can and cannot do.:glare:

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
SoapersChoice.com - Product Listing

Mike has the Glycerin, Vegetable... not sure about the PG but sure it can be found in the soapmaking circles. I doubt he does samples either as he is more of a food industry supplier but ehhhh, why do they need to know it is for vaping? PG is what I used in several of my products as a bacterial inhibitor and VG is a humectant so I am sure these can always be found. As for the nic... if we haven't stockpiled by then, I am sure someone will come out with a good homebrew extraction method and I can see several of us growing our own little baccy patch

SoapersChoice.com - Product Listing

Mike has the Glycerin, Vegetable... not sure about the PG but sure it can be found in the soapmaking circles. I doubt he does samples either as he is more of a food industry supplier but ehhhh, why do they need to know it is for vaping? PG is what I used in several of my products as a bacterial inhibitor and VG is a humectant so I am sure these can always be found. As for the nic... if we haven't stockpiled by then, I am sure someone will come out with a good homebrew extraction method and I can see several of us growing our own little baccy patch

So, I finally took a look, and now I'm lost... lol

Glycerin, Vegetable USP ID# 95610SC($1.25/lb.)
10 lb. Bottle
$12.50
Glycerin, Vegetable USP($.90 per pound)
35 lb Cubitainer with spigot.
$31.50

By the pound?! :S

How much would a gallon of each cost?

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
So, I finally took a look, and now I'm lost... lol

By the pound?! :S

How much would a gallon of each cost?

10 lb. Bottle

This is the closest he has to a gallon, it is probably a gallon plus a quart. Best thing to do is call Mike and ask him about this glycerin before making a purchase. The number is at the bottom of the page. Dunno if I would mention for vaping but would inquire about the grade...
A pint's a pound the world around. Must remember that most of his stuff is shipped. Might need to ask about Canadian shipping also. :)

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Glycerin USP must be sold in USP approved containers. These containers are sealed.

Once you open a container of Glycerin USP and expose the product to open air it no longer meets USP specs and must be used up within 12-18 months. This is one of the reasons many e-liquids have an expiration date.

The expiration date for a container of sealed Glycerin USP is typically five years after the bottling date. This expiration date is good as long as the container is sealed.

If you plan on vaping a gallon of Glycerin USP during 18 months then maybe a gallon bottle will work for you.

Myself, I go to the local drug store (CVS, Walmart, Rite-Aid, etc.) and buy 177ml bottles of Glycerin USP. These are all made by the same company: Humco. I use up several of these bottles per year. I keep the opened bottle in the fridge until used up then open another brand new, fresh bottle of Glycerin USP.

sc12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
USA
10 lb. Bottle

This is the closest he has to a gallon, it is probably a gallon plus a quart. Best thing to do is call Mike and ask him about this glycerin before making a purchase. The number is at the bottom of the page. Dunno if I would mention for vaping but would inquire about the grade...
A pint's a pound the world around. Must remember that most of his stuff is shipped. Might need to ask about Canadian shipping also. :)
That 10lb is technically just under a gallon. Different liquids weigh different amounts based on their specific gravity or density.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread