Reliable long term regulated mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
hey all,

So i've really fallen pretty hard for dripping with my 2 vectors and am looking for another high(ish) watt regulated mod. I do prefer the squarish form factor, removeable batteries, 100w is more than enough. Not interested in temp control right now.

I do have a hex ohm v2.0 which i like a lot. I wouldn't mind spending a couple of hundred for something solid that will go fir a few years. Or maybe a compromise and 2 decentish ones like sigeleis? I really like the hex ohm and the v2 does look good.

I would consider a provari 3 too but that diesn't seem well suited to dripping...

I will work my way up to a preddy mech one day :)

Anyways, thoughts, opinions, experiences...

KEN47

Jul 15, 2015
New York
If you are willing to wait about a month or two invest in a DNA 200 mod. They haven't come out with any models yet but the DNA 200 chip by evolv is going to revolutionize APV's its absolutely incredible.

Check out that video it will absolutely amaze you!

DNA 40 mods are also very good too. Mods such as the vaporflask are a great choice too.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
Thanks @KEN47 i really like the look of the vapor flask, seems like it would fit in the hand nicely. I'll do some more digging on it :)

I did order a couple of the sigelei 150s since they are well priced 73 and i will likely test em, use fir a few days and put in the vapeageddon box. I just figure fir the cost they are a reasonable bet. And my 2 wee minis have done well so far.

I will look at the flask or maybe another hex ohm just so i don't have to switch drippers around all the time lol. There was another mod i heard about the ranger, but they are. Hand made so the wait time is looong
Ranger Box Mods - PV Devices, Drivers, & Accessories

MotoMudder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Sumner, WA
Thanks @KEN47 i really like the look of the vapor flask, seems like it would fit in the hand nicely. I'll do some more digging on it :)

I did order a couple of the sigelei 150s since they are well priced 73 and i will likely test em, use fir a few days and put in the vapeageddon box. I just figure fir the cost they are a reasonable bet. And my 2 wee minis have done well so far.

I will look at the flask or maybe another hex ohm just so i don't have to switch drippers around all the time lol. There was another mod i heard about the ranger, but they are. Hand made so the wait time is looong
Ranger Box Mods - PV Devices, Drivers, & Accessories

Yea I wouldnt waste my money on that ranger thing, while it does look simple. Basic screen, VV only. reminds me of my provari.
Plenty of mods with many more options. For that price, I'd get the new SXmini

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I did consider a provari 3, just because the build quality on the 2.5 is so nice and the combo of 2.5 and kayfun lite + has been working flawlessly for over a month. Never a leak or a burp. But given the P3 power range it's not really suited for dripping, oh well.

How low resistance do you build for your drippers? Out of curiosity, my P3 fired my 0.6 ohm dual coil dripper, although I prefer using a Kayfun Lite + at 1.5 ohm with it. I have a mech mod for the dripper.

With the firmware upgrade available for the P3, it will fire 0.5 ohms.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
I'm at 0.6 right now but honestly could be a dual 1ohm, it is all about the flavour for me. I do love the quality of the p2.5s. Do you think a dual o.7 or 0.8 on a dripper would be good with the p3?

The sigelei 150 is a great bargain right now too, very happy with those for the $.

Cool to be able to pack way some gear and develop a very nice regular set :)

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
@Baditude was it a pretty good vape with the p3 and your dripper? The other thing too is i don't need to be sub ohm on the dripper, i could easy do a dual 1ohm and I bet it would still handle high vg fine and have great taste.

As always thanks for all the blog posts and knowledge you share, Appreciated :)

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Baditude was it a pretty good vape with the p3 and your dripper? The other thing too is i don't need to be sub ohm on the dripper, i could easy do a dual 1ohm and I bet it would still handle high vg fine and have great taste.

As always thanks for all the blog posts and knowledge you share, Appreciated :)
It was a great vape, with lots of good flavor and vapor. I chose to take the dripper off of the P3 because it seemed like it was draining my batteries too fast on the P3.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    It was a great vape, with lots of good flavor and vapor. I chose to take the dripper off of the P3 because it seemed like it was draining my batteries too fast on the P3.

Is that just because of the safety feature that doesn't allow the battery to get too low, or something else?
    Is the Classic better?

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Is that just because of the safety feature that doesn't allow the battery to get too low, or something else?
    Is the Classic better?
    I can't say for certain, as I don't have the Classic. I have three 2.5 Provari's -- a blue and a purple standard size and a black Mini. My daughter has been using the Mini (it was my favorite) for about a year, and I'm meeting my sister next week to loan her one of my standards so she can try to finally stop smoking.

I believe that I read that the first edition P3 had a glitch which would not allow draining the battery to an acceptable level of battery voltage, and that the firmware upgrade will fix that. I haven't gotten the upgrade yet, and may never.

I would have a very hard time choosing between the 2.5, Classic, and the P3. They are all great mods, and I use one or the other every day. I'm still getting used to the display interface on the P3, but its not really an issue because I don't change my settings that often.

madangus

ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2015
    Chicago-land
    The P3 is the top of the line provari that will go down to 0.5ohm and has a boost feature, the P3 threading or you can use standard 510 and a bunch of other techie tricks...

The 2.5 is the most "basic", just adjust voltage not watts, the sweet spot from the gurus here is 1.35ohm/1.4ohm at 4.5 volts ish.
    It comes in the mini size, the standard 2.5 is a bit bigger and can get an 18650 extension cap. Personally with a kayfun lite or nautilus I have nothing but love for this setup. Great button, solid construction to say the least.

The classic has the updated screen interface and can go down to 0.9ohms. It can get a 18650 extension cap too.

madangus

ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2015
    Chicago-land
    I have a Classic and like it, mostly for the flat top. I don't vape below 1Ω or care about the screen. The biggest different is not having the Boost function of the P3.

Is the classic threading the same as the p3 threading or no... Looks like you use the standard 510 adapter with both unless you have a p3 kayfun or such

dsheik

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2014
    overland park, KS
    Honestly I wouldnt consider the P3. Dont get me wrong, I think Provari makes a very good device. I have the 2.5 version and it was the best overall mod I had back when I was using the Nautilus and other similar attys a couple years ago. Even bought the Provari mini for my GF. It s just too bad the P3 only goes up to 20w. If they made a 40w device Id probably buy one based on the reliability and experience I had with my old one. 20w is just too limiting now days. Ive tied the Atlantis 2 .5 ohm coils down to 20w on a couple of my mods and its just not enough. Closer to 30w gives a better vape.

And if your considering that price range might as well go with the sx mini which seems to be another really well built device except its up to date.

madangus

ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2015
    Chicago-land
    I did succumb to the sharp looks of the p3 in white to black fade. I am going to see how it handles the vector with a dual .8 build for a couple of weeks.

If its not the best for dripping, I may get a second hex ohm for my other vector (I like to have a couple of flavors to switch between during the day) and keep the sigeleis in the box as backups. I do like the form factor and feel of the hex (shape, size, button). Just feels a wee bit nicer in the hand than the sigelei, very superficial i know. Hipefully craving are around in a few years to still do the warranty, though i wonder given what could happen with deeming.

I like a lot about the sx mini m, but that battery cap i just know would drive me batty, and i don't want to trickle charge over usb.

chanara

Moved On
    Aug 10, 2015
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: New identity of previously banned member
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread