Reload X RDA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
My reload clones are my joint favourite rda's so I'm quite excited about this. I did have a phobia clone which had even better flavour than the reload/devil rda's but it was so leaky that I didn't use it often. Plus I lost it after two litres of rum haha. The deck on that clone looked very similar to this - its worth noting that this particular clone differed from the authentic phobia in that the airflow post things weren't properly shaped like the original and only provided bottom airflow. This one looks like it would give all the flavour of that clone without all the leaking....but it's waaaaay out of my price range until I find some work!

Reactions: stols001

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
My reload clones are my joint favourite rda's so I'm quite excited about this. I did have a phobia clone which had even better flavour than the reload/devil rda's but it was so leaky that I didn't use it often. Plus I lost it after two litres of rum haha. The deck on that clone looked very similar to this - its worth noting that this particular clone differed from the authentic phobia in that the airflow post things weren't properly shaped like the original and only provided bottom airflow. This one looks like it would give all the flavour of that clone without all the leaking....but it's waaaaay out of my price range until I find some work!

Don't worry China will have one for you for $10 in a few weeks. You might want to look at the Rune RDA - looks quite similar in concept.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
Don't worry China will have one for you for $10 in a few weeks. You might want to look at the Rune RDA - looks quite similar in concept.

That does looks good - but have you seen the official site for it? Its so badly worded that it's difficult to understand what they're trying to say at first! I think it would have the same problem with leaking as the phobia clone that I had because it looks so similar, although I don't know why that one was so much worse for leaking than any other bottom airflow rda I've tried. Waiting on the real deal to come through at the moment, but I'm adding the rune (and the thread's namesake rda) to my list :)

timemachine

Jun 1, 2018
The deck is similar to Phobia RDA. I have the Reload v.1.5 and the Phobia. but for better flavor I will definitely pick the Phobia. That is why I sold my Reload. I hope that @Anthony_Vapes review this RDA.
phobia_d.jpg

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The Reload X design is different than the Phobia. The Phobia is a typical bottom airflow postless RDA. The problem with squonking is that design leaks. The Reload X is a top airflow that goes down and then up underneath the coils. No leaking when it's squonked. My Crius RDA has a similar airflow design and doesn't leak either. Another thing Anthony Vapes has no clue what he's doing and I'll leave it at that.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I quite like how Mike Vapes described it - I can't remember the exact words but its like the Phobia, Drop and Templar (I think...something with top to bottom airflow) had a baby.

My one concern about it is the Drop-like aspect of it. I feel like the raised squonk hole is a flaw - if squonk hole was flush with the deck I'd be happy to cut the wicks as short as I like, not even touching the deck, as one massive squonk would juice the wicks and all the excess would just drain away, but with the raised squonk pin this isn't an option and you're left having to use much longer wicks than I like, wasting e juice. I'm trying to come up with solutions before I've even bought the thing - I could sand the squonk thing down or try shape a piece of silicon to basically raise the base of the juice well substantially. Maybe they'll release version 1.5 without it raised or lowering every other part of the deck to reduce the juice well capacity...

I am also really hoping that they'll release a Reload Y designed for vertical coils and a Reload Z with top-side and top-bottom airflow, although I hope that any company that releases a device with the letter X as part of its name will do so :p

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
The deck is similar to Phobia RDA. I have the Reload v.1.5 and the Phobia. but for better flavor I will definitely pick the Phobia. That is why I sold my Reload. I hope that @Anthony_Vapes review this RDA.
View attachment 750439
no plans currently but the phobia wasn't very good. this looks like a clone of it. I couldn't imagine it being any better

Skeintastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2016
So I wanted to chime in about this rda. I've experimented quite extensively and I'm pretty impressed with this rda.

Believe it or not but the build that seems to draw the best flavor and texture is a simple 3mm 9 wrap 24ga ni80 round wire build. On a regular mod at 80-90 watts it's excellent.

It's a little too low profile-ish for complex builds. The hot spatter just sucks. But using a regulted mod you can push some heat and get some enjoyment. Hopefully a well made 250c squonker gets released soon because maybe the replay function could help with using aliens as those are my preferred could in most cases.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I mainly vape single coil but picked it up on a lark. I'm actually really impressed vaping it on the furyan with a Samsung 40t and a .16 dual fused build with 3mm coils. The flavor is very good and mine is nowhere as loud as Jai Hazes review would indicate. Squonking action is great and it's fairly leak proof due to the top to bottom airflow design. Probably my favorite dual coil 24mm rda right now and it's currently shelfed my Venna ,Convergent and Skyfall. I still prefer the singles but my vaping preferances are cyclical and I'll be back on a MTL kick before you know hahaha but In the meantime I must say the flavor is very very good

Attachments

• IMG_20180721_094509963.jpg
    IMG_20180721_094509963.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 67

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I mainly vape single coil but picked it up on a lark. I'm actually really impressed vaping it on the furyan with a Samsung 40t and a .16 dual fused build with 3mm coils. The flavor is very good and mine is nowhere as loud as Jai Hazes review would indicate. Squonking action is great and it's fairly leak proof due to the top to bottom airflow design. Probably my favorite dual coil 24mm rda right now and it's currently shelfed my Venna ,Convergent and Skyfall. I still prefer the singles but my vaping preferances are cyclical and I'll be back on a MTL kick before you know hahaha but In the meantime I must say the flavor is very very good
IMG_20180721_095400560.jpg

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I finally got my clone and after fiddling with it for some time I must admit, that I'm a bit underwhelmed.
Don't get me wrong, flavor is really good and ease of use when dripping due to the top-to-bottom airflow is a big pro, but judging the X on flavor alone, there are a bunch of atties, like the original Reload, Nova, Apocalypse, Goon, TM24 Pro, DejaVu, Kennedy 24, Sherman 25 and even the DeadRabbit, that easily beat it imo.
Might be that I have to work on it a bit more, but as it stands now, I'd give the original X a pass.

• Useful
Reactions: Fidola13

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I got my Reload X on Monday and have been using it for a few days now. I threw in some of my rectangle wire core claptons to compare it to my other RDAs. IN MY OPINION it has a slightly restricted airflow but is very good. A little on the noisy side but not bad. The flavor is pretty good and so is the cloud production. It's leak resistant but does flood easily. Once I figured out exactly how much to drip it's ok. I haven't squonked it yet. I like it but there are a few RDAs I still like better. I would say a clone would be worth having but would pass on the expensive authentic if I had to do it over.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
I got my Reload X on Monday and have been using it for a few days now. I threw in some of my rectangle wire core claptons to compare it to my other RDAs. IN MY OPINION it has a slightly restricted airflow but is very good. A little on the noisy side but not bad. The flavor is pretty good and so is the cloud production. It's leak resistant but does flood easily. Once I figured out exactly how much to drip it's ok. I haven't squonked it yet. I like it but there are a few RDAs I still like better. I would say a clone would be worth having but would pass on the expensive authentic if I had to do it over.

Always useful to have these opinions to help decide what makes it to my, these days, very small wish-lists. Currently nothing on it of note. Was interested in this but have mostly made purchase decisions based on the airflow I think I'd like, hence me buying (and luckily liking) the Recurve, Nudge 22, Wasp Nano (got one of these when I was looking for a Nudge / Recurve to use in Malaysia but, no stock, was pleasantly surprised with the Wasp) and Drop Solo. I then spend most of my time getting the builds right in those for the flavour, rather than a relentless purchase trail to get the next flavour busting atty.

Only one atty that's still tempting me at the moment and that's the Intake. Still curious about it and I like the look of it. Trouble is I use my Ammit 25 and Serpent SMM rarely these days, mostly for mint / fruit flavours (they seem to be able to kill and dessert I put in them despite the coil type, build and wicking material, I've got them as good as they're going to get I think), so just kinda concerned it'll just end up on the reserve bench alongside the other two and at the end of the day, looks is as looks does. A few folks have mentioned that it's great on flavour though. Maybe I'll pick one up when it's longer into it's lifecycle when the price will likely drop.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I through the Reload X on my Basium. The Reload X is easy to drip once you figure out how much to drip. Squonking it is a bit tougher to get the feel for it. It floods easy squonking it. It doesn't really leak but if you flood it your better off just dumping it out. I'm using some Grapeberry Ice ejuice and for some reason it really has brought out the menthol in this flavor. I'm liking the RDA so far but there are still RDAs I like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread