Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Always useful to have these opinions to help decide what makes it to my, these days, very small wish-lists. Currently nothing on it of note. Was interested in this but have mostly made purchase decisions based on the airflow I think I'd like, hence me buying (and luckily liking) the Recurve, Nudge 22, Wasp Nano (got one of these when I was looking for a Nudge / Recurve to use in Malaysia but, no stock, was pleasantly surprised with the Wasp) and Drop Solo. I then spend most of my time getting the builds right in those for the flavour, rather than a relentless purchase trail to get the next flavour busting atty.

Only one atty that's still tempting me at the moment and that's the Intake. Still curious about it and I like the look of it. Trouble is I use my Ammit 25 and Serpent SMM rarely these days, mostly for mint / fruit flavours (they seem to be able to kill and dessert I put in them despite the coil type, build and wicking material, I've got them as good as they're going to get I think), so just kinda concerned it'll just end up on the reserve bench alongside the other two and at the end of the day, looks is as looks does. A few folks have mentioned that it's great on flavour though. Maybe I'll pick one up when it's longer into it's lifecycle when the price will likely drop.

We have the same taste in RDAs. I’ve also got all the ones mentioned plus a Enthion, Narda & Narca clones. So far I’m enjoying the Enthion the most for flavor even though it’s a slightly restricted af.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I through the Reload X on my Basium. The Reload X is easy to drip once you figure out how much to drip. Squonking it is a bit tougher to get the feel for it. It floods easy squonking it. It doesn't really leak but if you flood it your better off just dumping it out. I'm using some Grapeberry Ice ejuice and for some reason it really has brought out the menthol in this flavor. I'm liking the rda so far but there are still RDAs I like better.
I must be a very light fingered squonker as mine never floods. The squonk pin hole is raised but not very high so mine sucks back all but maybe 1/2ml of juice probably a little bit less tbh . Flavor is right up there with my favorite dual coils up towards the top of the stack. I close my airflow down by half and it's warm dense and I get zero spit back

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I have the authentic in SS and in black. Due to the additional thickness of the lacquer finish on the black version, getting the cap to lock on can be a little bit tedious at first, as you have to not just turn it until it catches, but at the same time also gently wiggle it back and forth in a sort of circular motion to make it catch, and, it doesn't take very long until it becomes real easy as a result from the initial wear and tear on the sharp-ish edges along the sides of the deck's air holes. Not really a problem IMO because it smooths out really quick after the first use like I said, albeit the SS version it does snap on conveniently out of the box. The amount of restriction I get in the airflow with this RDA is precisely how I like it. All bottom airflow RDAs make a distinctive gushing sound for how I like to vape, as there will always be some friction that goes on in cohort with the typifying resonance inside the air ducts and that also gets amplified by the resonance of the steel cap, its thickness, and so this is no exception, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it loud on this RDA, and, it is a very acceptable low pitched sound so it certainly doesn't have an annoying whining character to it or anything like that.

As for the flavor, I have to agree it is right up there with the best of the bunch, but not the absolute best I've tried, to which I'll immediately add that a lot also depends not only on personal preferences and the fact different people perceive flavor differently, but also on what coil build you put inside so, for the sake of reference, I'm vaping it on a single battery mech with a Samsung 20S battery and a .11 ohms build, Ni80 27g/36g aliens at 4.5 wraps 2.5mm ID, coils positioned fairly close to the air mounds for an adequately focused and direct type of airflow as opposed to fuzziness. Although my build is slightly on the cool side of moderately warm(-ish), this RDA captures the warmth, and doesn't appear to dilute stuff. I extend the edges of my wicks to lay a thin carpet of cotton against the bottom of the deck so it holds more juice, which means the depth of the juice well is sufficient for me. Unlike its predecessor that has the air holes positioned right below the drip tip (which is where I usually drip it...), this one doesn't leak easily. So I think they got the message! :D Coils positioned farther to the sides similar to the Kennedy and the Limited Edition Mason V2 (my 2 references in the bottom airflow RDA ballpark) has my preference anyway, as that's just what you get if you, like me, are into reasonably angry coils. There's also no spitback.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Reload X.jpg

Reactions: t8kiteasy

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
We have the same taste in RDAs. I’ve also got all the ones mentioned plus a Enthion, Narda & Narca clones. So far I’m enjoying the Enthion the most for flavor even though it’s a slightly restricted af.
Yeah I think we do. Funny, I started go for flavor very early on and have both the Haku Venna and KRMA but since these, IMO much improved, single coil RDAs started hitting the market I find I use them less and less these days. The flavour is right and so is the airflow with the likes of the Recurve. With the Venna and KRMA the flavour was good but not the AF, for me at least. Plus I never really took to the pursed lips approach that was needed to vape on the miniscule drip tips, always seemed like a very contrived vape rather than a comfortable one.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I got my X clone yesterday. I prefer the flavour of my original Reload with three coils crammed in there, although with only two coils this produces nicer flavour...I can't imagine three coils working in this at all. Bit underwhelmed as I really thought this would match the Phobia for flavour, although I haven't finished playing around with it yet.

nathanstokes

Oct 1, 2018
So, I already posted this on Planet of the Vapes, but I'd like to add it to this discussion as PoTV is a UK focused forum, where as the guys here seem to be mostly based in North America and might not use that forum:

Going to add a full new post on this as I think it deserves highlighting, but while I'm a bit on the fence as to whether I'd praise the Reload X (more on that at the bottom), I definitely want to praise Reload's customer service.

I contacted them about a little over a week ago to say that the gold plating was flaking off from the grub screws that bite down on the coil legs and ask them if they could let me know if the screws were something standard that I could go out and buy in stainless steel as I really don't want to risk inhaling toxic gold flakes (not an "angry consumer email - just a heads up and a question). I'd backed one out to play with coil positioning, thought there was a little clapton wire that had come of my coil and when I wiped the screw on my t-shirt it was left with tonnes of flecks of gold plating. Did this with the other four and had the same results. Their response was to say don't worry about trying to find replacement screws, we'll send you some (not a problem that I'm in the UK). Couple of days later they sent me an email to let me know they'd sent it out DHL and this morning the package was delivered with 12 screws, spare peek insulator for the 510 pin and a spare squonk pin.

Needless to say, I was floored by this, and just want to give them a shout out for being incredible (District f5ve also have been incredibly helpful via email when I scratched up my SS top cap. Asked them for the finish grade of buffing so I didn't under or over polish, and thought they might just ignore, but no, they asked their production manager and as soon as I get time I'm going to get it looking good again). Not had the best of interactions with retailers in the vaping industry (some have been excellent, some down right dismal), so never sure how manufacturers are going to respond, but massive thumbs up for Reload.

As to the atty, not sure if it's for me. Think the airflow sits too much in the middle, maybe, for my tastes. Like my dual coils to be really quite airy, and singles to be really quite restricted, so thought I'd enjoy something in between. Not sure I do. Also, mostly like crisp fruit flavours, where as this seems to work real well with creamier liquids (Charlie's Chalk Dust Peach, Papaya and Coconut is even better in it and Wick Liquor's Deja Voodoo was something I'd bought, not really cared for, and then just guzzled in the Reload). Guessing it'd be great with desserts, but they're not something I enjoy.

edited: additional text added.

Reactions: Violetti Usva

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I'm using a clone and having played around with it more I'm getting more fond of it. I'm guessing this isn't a problem for the real one but the airflow control ring is not remotely secure on there. When I have more time I'm going to go through the bag of a million o-rings in my room and see if one of them makes it a more snug fit - at the moment touching it slightly with my lip when vaping is enough to pull the damned thing off!

nathanstokes

Oct 1, 2018
I'm using a clone and having played around with it more I'm getting more fond of it. I'm guessing this isn't a problem for the real one but the airflow control ring is not remotely secure on there. When I have more time I'm going to go through the bag of a million o-rings in my room and see if one of them makes it a more snug fit - at the moment touching it slightly with my lip when vaping is enough to pull the damned thing off!

Actually have the opposite with my authentic. No mater how much I lube the airflow o-ring, I have to pop it off (which it does easily, to be fair) to adjust it.

nathanstokes

Oct 1, 2018
Me I love the Reload X and it pretty much lives on my CC Squonker

K7RIAGF.jpg

I'm still playing with builds in it, to be honest. Popped some 24g N80 flatwire (0.24Ω) in it, and vastly prefer it to the 3x28/38 fused claptons (0.18Ω) that I usually like in attys. Also tried some 3x26/36 aliens in it (0.11Ω on a regulated box), and the flavour was incredible, but it was just a little too hot for my liking (both vape and top cap).

What squonker is that? It's stunning!. Looks a bit like a Defiant Designs TS, but it's not is it?

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I'm still playing with builds in it, to be honest. Popped some 24g N80 flatwire (0.24Ω) in it, and vastly prefer it to the 3x28/38 fused claptons (0.18Ω) that I usually like in attys. Also tried some 3x26/36 aliens in it (0.11Ω on a regulated box), and the flavour was incredible, but it was just a little too hot for my liking (both vape and top cap).

What squonker is that? It's stunning!. Looks a bit like a Defiant Designs TS, but it's not is it?
The incredibility about the flavor will still remain after you switch from 3×26g Ni80 / 36g Ni80 aliens to 3×27g Ni80 / 36g Ni80 aliens and you coil them at 4.5 wraps around a 2.5mm ID, and, it will still be at .11 ohms dual coil. The reason I'm saying this is the hotness will be replaced with a much cooler vape that lends itself extraordinarily well for fruity flavors and the like, but that still has just enough warmth left in there to also lend itself equally well for most desserts so this particular coil build is what I call a "standard build" specifically for use with a single battery mech so essentially you'll simply be trading slow-ish ramp up and excess hotness with a much more agreeable vape experience that way, IMO anyway...

Right now I'm vaping on a 29g Ni80 / 8ply .3×.1 Ni80 ribbon / 38g Ni80 framed aliens dual coil build at .1 ohm, also 4.5 wraps and 2.5mm ID. I build my coils myself with my bare hands using a cordless drill and swivels because I firmly believe that any kind of premade wire that you just wrap around your coil tool or screwdriver is just a pure waste of time, similar to how all clones are a pure waste of time excepting only to those people who can't even tell the clones aren't 1:1 clones even if they look (not pointing at you here, but those kinds of individuals are still here at ecf nonetheless in case you hadn't noticed it already).

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The incredibility about the flavor will still remain after you switch from 3×26g Ni80 / 36g Ni80 aliens to 3×27g Ni80 / 36g Ni80 aliens and you coil them at 4.5 wraps around a 2.5mm ID, and, it will still be at .11 ohms dual coil. The reason I'm saying this is the hotness will be replaced with a much cooler vape that lends itself extraordinarily well for fruity flavors and the like, but that still has just enough warmth left in there to also lend itself equally well for most desserts so this particular coil build is what I call a "standard build" specifically for use with a single battery mech so essentially you'll simply be trading slow-ish ramp up and excess hotness with a much more agreeable vape experience that way, IMO anyway...

Right now I'm vaping on a 29g Ni80 / 8ply .3×.1 Ni80 ribbon / 38g Ni80 framed aliens dual coil build at .1 ohm, also 4.5 wraps and 2.5mm ID. I build my coils myself with my bare hands using a cordless drill and swivels because I firmly believe that any kind of premade wire that you just wrap around your coil tool or screwdriver is just a pure waste of time, similar to how all clones are a pure waste of time excepting only to those people who can't even tell the clones aren't 1:1 clones even if they look (not pointing at you here, but those kinds of individuals are still here at ecf nonetheless in case you hadn't noticed it already).
You need to go use the restroom because you are still full of crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread