Status
Not open for further replies.

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Alright I decided to forgo the horehound in my recipe. Yep, it's better.

Me too...and I completely agree! The first batch I didn't use it, and though my flavoring wasn't quite strong enough, it was still a good vape. The second batch I used the horehound...and in a VERY small amount. To me and my pallet....it was unvapeable. I suffered through one tank, then tossed the rest.

I mixed my next batch at 20%, and have been loving every vape of it! It has all of the flavors I really liked about the Pluid sample I had. My mixture is very strong on the citrus flavors, but the licorice flavor is definately there. I don't remember the exact taste, but I do remember those two. And it wasn't really an orange citrus to me...but almost a sour. That's why I went with the lemon/lime for the citrus kick.

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Hey...I have an idea.....

I'm off work for a few, so I have some free time....anyone wanna swap a sample of our "Pluid-like" creations? Extra taste buds might help us get a little closer....or find a recipe we like above our own? A small bottle, with the written recipe for it would be fun....I think anyway. :D

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hey...I have an idea.....

I'm off work for a few, so I have some free time....anyone wanna swap a sample of our "Pluid-like" creations? Extra taste buds might help us get a little closer....or find a recipe we like above our own? A small bottle, with the written recipe for it would be fun....I think anyway. :D
I would be up for it, but it will not be very soon. I have so many others to go through, and I haven't nailed mine down yet. I have more flavorings to order, and have to weed through the other stuff first. It's like an OCD thing. When I get something together, I'd be happy to share.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's been about a month since I mixed up Luce's original recipe. I also mixed the second recipe with the orange added a couple of weeks ago, it's still steeping. With the forewarning that I have never had the chance of getting the original ( not from lack of trying 310, blue fox, etc. ) Here's my take : I mixed 15 mls. not my usual 3ml tryout amount because it is Luce's recipe and I knew it would at least be vapeable. After 1 week I dripped some on an HH357 Long Barrel 2 ohm at 4 volts. Tasted like black licorice. The second week the same and while the licorice flavor was a bit reduced, it was still all I got. Third week a bit more mellow and sweeter. Today, mellow, sweet, very subdued absinthe. There's a coolness, not minty or menthol. A decent vape but nothing to write home about. Methinks I will add some Latakia, Cpt. Black or Shade and see what happens. I have the second recipe, which I have not tried yet, steeping with 2 more weeks to go. Will report on that when it's cooked.

grabeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Just outside my comfort zone.
Hi d9mel, what website are you using to buy absinthe? I can't find it anywhere.

nyquil... ive diluted the absinthe down to 4% in another mix with orange and its still way overpowering. I'm learning that Triacetin based flavors behave a little differently than PG or PGA based flavors

d9mel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Spa City
I got it here Perfumers Apprentice - Flavors - Non PG these are the "non PG" flavors.

I made a few variations (one with Mt. dew) but tucked them away to steep for a while. The absinthe is strong and provides thick full vapor even at 4%, not sure if its just the Tri. base or the nature of the beast.

I found that the Tri. base will come to solution at a 1.5%-2%Tri. per 10%PG base (ex. 30/70 PG/VG base can take 4.5%-6% triacetin based flavor), it will have to steep for a week or so though, till then it will separate.

grabeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply, I will soon be testing and sharing with you and I do have pluid to compare too.

I got it here Perfumers Apprentice - Flavors - Non PG these are the "non PG" flavors.

I made a few variations (one with Mt. dew) but tucked them away to steep for a while. The absinthe is strong and provides thick full vapor even at 4%, not sure if its just the Tri. base or the nature of the beast.

I found that the Tri. base will come to solution at a 1.5%-2%Tri. per 10%PG base (ex. 30/70 PG/VG base can take 4.5%-6% triacetin based flavor), it will have to steep for a week or so though, till then it will separate.

grabeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
On sale at 310vapers.com right now.

Never tried Pluid... don't even know that I'd like it. (don't like anise/licorice) However, I made up something random based on the different flavors described here. Very afraid to try it but we shall see.

What does this pluid stuff taste/vape like, anyway?

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Never tried Pluid... don't even know that I'd like it. (don't like anise/licorice) However, I made up something random based on the different flavors described here. Very afraid to try it but we shall see.

What does this pluid stuff taste/vape like, anyway?

Very strong licorice with citrus background. And some earthy tone. It makes the tongue numb after a bit. It is extremely good, IMO. Like a strong good n plenty.

love1785

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Pennsylvania
I nailed the recipe 100% but I cut back on the licorice type flavor and add onto the citrus for my own blend (plus my own special flavors). I think it tastes much better with the anise in the background only touching the back of your throat on the exhale every now and then. Mine numbs your mouth and makes it water if you chain vape it.
:toast:

Attachments

• 20130313_234711_resized.jpg
    20130313_234711_resized.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 20130310_231258_resized.jpg
    20130310_231258_resized.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 117

ToweKnee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Chicago
I nailed the recipe 100% but I cut back on the licorice type flavor and add onto the citrus for my own blend (plus my own special flavors). I think it tastes much better with the anise in the background only touching the back of your throat on the exhale every now and then. Mine numbs your mouth and makes it water if you chain vape it.

Recipe? Though I doubt anyone is going to nail it 100% other than MM.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
What licorice flavor did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread