remove door magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So, my mini's door magnet fell out. when I finally found it, i figured I would be smart and super glue it back in before I lost it again. Apparently I got it in backwards, and now it repels from the one in the body.

Anyone know of a good tool to use to pry it out or loosen the glue? :(

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
So, my mini's door magnet fell out. when I finally found it, i figured I would be smart and super glue it back in before I lost it again. Apparently I got it in backwards, and now it repels from the one in the body.

Anyone know of a good tool to use to pry it out or loosen the glue? :(

Acetone (nail polish remover) will dissolve the glue. I'd try that before brute force with tools.

Mr. White

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
IL
Use the acetone, then find something like an Exacto knife to carefully slip down inside and pry the magnet up. Be careful not to use too much force on that aluminum door, and keep it on a flat surface so you don't bend the door. once you get the magnet raised a bit on one side, try the other side. Once you get that far, see if you can place it over the magnet in the body of your REO and use the strength of the magnets to pull the one in the door loose, so it sticks to the one on the body of the REO.

Take your time and use the acetone. It comes in different strengths, and you want as high a percentage as you can get. Be patient, and be careful with the exacto.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Place the magnet on the magnet on the body of your reo. Mark the top of the magnet with a marker the marker side goes down on the door. Put a dab of super glue in the hole on your reo put the magnet in the hole you may need to use something to apply pressure on the magnet to push the glue out of hole.I use the bottom of a small screw driver to push the magnet down.Wipe any access glue with a rag please don't use your fingers. If you put the magnet in wrong the door wont stay on it will push the door away.Its a good idea to have everything you need before you begin

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I did this today on a new Door. It was easy. I think my wife could even do it. (Shhhh) don't tell her I said that :)

Place the magnet on the magnet on the body of your reo. Mark the top of the magnet with a marker the marker side goes down on the door. Put a dab of super glue in the hole on your reo put the magnet in the hole you may need to use something to apply pressure on the magnet to push the glue out of hole.I use the bottom of a small screw driver to push the magnet down.Wipe any access glue with a rag please don't use your fingers. If you put the magnet in wrong the door wont stay on it will push the door away.Its a good idea to have everything you need before you begin

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I agree with the acetone- I just took a magnet out that I put in backwards...let it soak then put it on some wood (a knot hole under the magnet is good), then hit the door where the magnet is (non-magnet side) with another piece of wood...gently...something that won't bend the door...the force will push the magnet out...enough acetone and the superglue will dissolve under the magnet. If this doesn't work, then let it soak some more... I would pry it out too but there isn't much room to pry...the circle of the magnet is a perfect fit in the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread