Reo fire button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andigaut

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi all :). Not sure if this is the right spot to post, feel free to tell me where to go! Today my reo button started acting up. When I push down on it I can feel it moving the battery and when I take the door off, I can see that the metal piece under the button isn't making contact with the nub thing on my battery. Also, once I take my hand off the button the button doesn't lift, but stays down and continues to fire (sometime it fires, sometimes it doesn't). I've washed my reo so I don't think it's due to stickiness or anything. Any help will be appreciated, I didn't realize how much I love my Reo till I had to go back to my provari...)

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
Hmm, a picture would help big time....

From what I gather, the firing pin is either broke from button mashing, the firing pin is not lined up under the button properly, or the button cover is prohibiting the throw of pin.

You can use a flat head screwdriver to pry the button cover off- that may be causing it to bottom out, and not reach the battery top- a common problem, which can be solved with a piece of thread or dental floss overtop of the button before putting the cover on...

If the firing pin is broken, you need a rebuild kit/a new firing pin, or a trip back to the spa.

TheBikeGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Dry Ridge, Kentucky, USA
Button cover pulls off vertically - just lock the button and prise it off.

If that's the cause of your issues you will need to do nothing more than re-seat it.

T
That's what mine was. When I pulled the cover off it fired fine, So I stuck a corner off a paper towel in the button cover and stuck it back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread