Status
Not open for further replies.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Hi all, ( Hi Rob)

So I've been using my Reo mini (14500) almost exclusively for the last year. A while back I sent it in to be refurbished by Rob and its been working great! I just took it apart to do a good cleaning and noticed that the plastic piece, the part at the top of the inside compartment, is cracked and about to fall apart. Does rob sell this plastic piece buy itself? I saw the kits but all i really need is that plastic piece. I also saw the grand sub ohm kits is there one for the 14500 minis?

Once I get this fixed then I can stop using my MVP 2 and go back to simple vaping instead of dripping with a power brick...

Biggest problem right now is that I am once again stationed in Korea... the Army loves sending me here, 3rd time now.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
LP stands for Low Profile - the catch cup at the 510 connector is milled down. This means you can use larger atties on it, ones that wouldn't screw in with the taller catch cup.

If it's been a while for you, you should really check out the newer atties Rob has - the RM3, 4, and 5. If you don't already have one, the RM2 is probably the most popular atty in use at the moment. The 4 and 5 require that you use an LP reo, the 3 fits both regular and LP reos, and the 2 has two versions - one for each type of reo (regular and LP).

Ask around in here if you have any questions. You prolly already know we're a helpful bunch in here.

And welcome back, BTW. :toast:

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I got the Rm2, had rob mill it down so it would fit into my old Mini, its hands down my favorite atty. Ive had my reo for about 3 years now, but only this year with the Rm2 has it become my main device. the Rm2 just makes it so easy.

I need to look at Robs new devices, I like the size of my mini, dunno If id like a larger mod, my MVP 2 is a PITA to take around just cause it wont fit into my pocket. Plus Im afraid of dropping it and breaking it. My mini has taken many hard falls and I dont worry about it unless I break a drip tip lol.

Thanks for the welcome back!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hi all, ( Hi Rob)

So I've been using my Reo mini (14500) almost exclusively for the last year. A while back I sent it in to be refurbished by Rob and its been working great! I just took it apart to do a good cleaning and noticed that the plastic piece, the part at the top of the inside compartment, is cracked and about to fall apart. Does rob sell this plastic piece buy itself? I saw the kits but all i really need is that plastic piece. I also saw the grand sub ohm kits is there one for the 14500 minis?

Once I get this fixed then I can stop using my MVP 2 and go back to simple vaping instead of dripping with a power brick...

Biggest problem right now is that I am once again stationed in Korea... the Army loves sending me here, 3rd time now.

You're talking about the black delrin cover that screws in place over the switch parts, right? Where is the break? I'm wondering if you can do an emergency repair on it with superglue until you can get the replacement.

Not sure if there is a sub ohm upgrade for the 14500 mini. Since you have such a capacity limit with the 14500 batteries, upgrading the switch parts may not be of much benefit. Know what I mean?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I got the Rm2, had rob mill it down so it would fit into my old Mini, its hands down my favorite atty. Ive had my reo for about 3 years now, but only this year with the Rm2 has it become my main device. the Rm2 just makes it so easy.

I need to look at Robs new devices, I like the size of my mini, dunno If id like a larger mod, my MVP 2 is a PITA to take around just cause it wont fit into my pocket. Plus Im afraid of dropping it and breaking it. My mini has taken many hard falls and I dont worry about it unless I break a drip tip lol.

Thanks for the welcome back!

If it helps: The 2.1 mini is the same height/width as a 14500, it's just a little thicker front to back to accommodate the fatter 18490/18500 batteries. Still very much pocket friendly.

Tell ya the truth though: I prefer my 14500 mini's. The thinner profile just looks slick. (But that's me...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread