Reo Mod Not Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghosteye

Jun 14, 2009
Hi,

I recently received a Reo Grand.
I have one small issue with it in that the locking firing button does not lock.
In other words, when in the locked position, there is still enough travel for the firing pin to hit the battery.
I emailed Rob and he said that he will fix it, but I would love a quick fix cuz I don't want to be without it.
He also said that I could try to bend the firing pin upwards with a flat head screwdriver, but that is not working.
Any ideas?

ghosteye

Jun 14, 2009
Gru,
Yes, I am using the AM IMR 18650.
I'm thinking I either have to:
1) Lower the little post on the side of the button
2) Lower the battery
3) Bend the firing pin up
I tried to bend the firing pin up a little but it didn't help and I don't want to force the issue that way too much.
I think I need to somehow lower the little post on the button or sink the button down a little more so there is less travel in the locked position.

Gru

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2011
Illinois
That pin looks like it might be hammered into the plastic button. If you pull it out and move it lower you will be left with an unsightly hole in the button.

I think the best bet will be to lower the battery. You need to stuff something in between the battery and the plastic piece above it. Do NOT use anything that is metal. If it should happen to touch the positive post on the battery and your case at the same time, something is going to fry. Maybe try some double sided tape like they use for automotive trim pieces.

Double-Sided Automotive Tape.jpg

Last edited:

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
Seriously, send it off to Rob. It's the best way to fix it, and he'll have it back to you promptly (caveat: Rob always mails stuff with signature required, so if you work during the day like most people and don't have anybody home to sign for it you'll have to pick it up at the post office the next day). I would be wary about trying to lower the battery, as that means compressing the bottom spring more than normal which can be dangerous.

Also, now that you have your 5 posts, you might consider asking over in the Reo forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread