Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I don't drop hot springs. But I guess the only weak link to my Reos being good for "lifetimes" is the number of hot springs I have for them. However I have plenty of 'extras' that can be taken out of unused Reos to use in others.

Reminds me of my very early Reo days when the fuse mod for the Reos was the rave. Was suckered into buying the stuff for 50 of them, but never actually used any in my Reos.
Never say never...I am very careful, and like I said, been using these mods for over three years without incident. The drip tip was one that looked just like my Loki Lab stubbies, and without my cheaters on, I didn't catch it...mistakes happen.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I had problems navigating through the labyrinth of magnets at K&J Magnetics. I finally ordered 5 1/4" x 1/16" and 5 1/4" x 1/32". The order arrived today and the 1/4" x 1/32" is perfect for my LG H2 battery. The 1/16" magnets work great but .......well, they work just as good with an even shorter throw. I'll have to practice with both awhile longer to make an educated guess which is better on my Grand. One thing I do know--sure are strong little buggers. Awfully hard to pull one off of a stack of five. Don't trim your fingernails.:)

Furthermore, when buying two sets, they come in separate zip-locs as you would expect. Don't let them get near one another or they'll be stuck together like two dogs in a back alley. Strong enough that they'll rip through the plastic. Just sayin...
Careful with them magnets, ifn they ever do find a small rip in a wrapper, they'll dead short that cell and be very hard/ impossible to remove in time. No bueno...

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Never say never...I am very careful, and like I said, been using these mods for over three years without incident. The drip tip was one that looked just like my Loki Lab stubbies, and without my cheaters on, I didn't catch it...mistakes happen.

:DNever, Never, Never!:D
Overconfident? Maybe, but with the regimented way I maintain all my authentic gear they should never fail (what few clone atty's I bought have not been used for a very long time), the strict build regime I follow on my atty's, the fact that I never over tax a battery (and that I rarely use metal drip tips anymore) my chances of ever having a spring drop due to my error or the gear itself is next to nil. Even if it were to happen I probably have a half dozen new Reo hot springs for the various models in the large divided case that houses all my Reo spares. And as said also have the springs in the two dozen plus Reos that I no longer use.
Knock on wood? Nah!;)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Ok- I'm back in the office after having a decent Labor Day Weekend. I think most of the suggestions here were spot-on. If you aren't seeing any power to the 510, please send it back to me. I'll tear it apart and replace one item at a time until I find the culprit. Then, I'll post back out here what I found and we can use that as a trouble-shooting tip for any future issues.
that'll be interesting for sure to see what the culprit is. I'm just so thrilled that you have kept this company going! Miss Rob for sure, but you are just a great person to carry on what he started and put your own touches on it!! thanks so much for being so dedicated to quality, and really participating here and letting us get to know you!! :wub:

Don't let them get near one another or they'll be stuck together like two dogs in a back alley.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Hey Vape, well, it has become very interesting. I sent it back to Eric and between he and Rob this is what they found:
  1. There was an excess of the liquid Teflon on the 510 post, causing the strike plate to not make as good of a contact as desired.
  2. The positive contact had a small burr on its back side, making the connection between it and the battery terminal less solid.
  3. The battery terminal wasn’t performing properly. When I swapped the old one out with a new one, the mod functioned perfectly. Not sure what was wrong with it – I couldn’t see anything visually.
Now, the second P67 that I bought a week after the first is not firing. There is fire at the 510 adjustable, but, when I attach any atty it will not fire. So, Eric wants the second one back with an atty to see what is going on.
I'm thinking that batch of P67s has been cursed or I am cursed when it comes to P67s.

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
I don't know what was wrong. Both were too new to have problems caused by use.

Rob did my first one. He replaced the button with a spring loaded button. He also changed the pin and the strike plate.

Eric did number 2. He did the same as Rob but he also sent me another new pin and plate

Reactions: SteamStack

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I experienced the problem with too much Teflon sealant on the 510 post myself, back when I converted my P67s to the spring loaded button. That’s why I suggested checking it earlier. I took it back apart, cleaned it off, reassembled, and it worked fine.
The other issues are just strange.

Reactions: SteamStack

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Sounds like it might be contagious.

My newest P67 that I've had for about four months also has a mind of it's own when it comes to firing reliably. Works just fine for a while, then suddenly will not fire at all. I take it apart, don't find anything earth shaking wrong with it, put it back together... sometimes it fires again for a while, sometimes it will still not fire. Which atty matters not. At the moment not, so just set aside. I'm tired of fooling around with it being blind in one eye and not able to see very well with the other so to speak. I have a high end VOM, have long experience as a troubleshooter in many technical/trade disciplines, and a complete set of new adj 510 parts on hand. I could even send it in for warranty repair. But what I do not have right now is the will to mess with it at all for now. I simply have no tolerance with problematic gear anymore when I have plenty of other gear that is not problematic. With it out of sight it's out of mind. I want to keep it that way for now, so let's just leave mine out of further discussion.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Mines from the very first batch. No problems other then a bad hammertone coat (bubble on the top under the atty) and I tried putting other doors on it and it was too tight :/ thought I could break it in after inserting the tight door a few times to wear out the coating along the door track and knicked the paint on the bottom corner and slightly loosened the coating around the door magnets. :/

Reactions: JC Okie

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Sounds like the battery terminals needed screwing down is all, especially since that screw is what makes the negative side of the circuit and relies on the body of the mod to do so.

Interesting forensics nevertheless.

T
And where might these battery terminals be located on the P67?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread