The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

REO Technical Issues/Shop Talk

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Debadoo, Mar 11, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. olefolks

olefolks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 16, 2013
    Lewisville, TX, USA
    I cleaned everything off and still no luck. That baby just won't fire.

Thanks everyone for the help!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteamStack

SteamStack Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    So the positive contact pin is making contact to the striker plate when you press the button??

You did say the button was very hard to press.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vapefiend

Vapefiend Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    I don't own a p67. Any chance it's a problem with the spring loaded button?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    Got me stumped. I have no idea. It's a pretty simple device, which just needs electrical continuity between + and -, as is true with any mechanical mod.

• Like Like x 1
  5. muzichead

muzichead Resident Knucklehead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    If its not the grub in the 510 thats not making contact then it is a loose 510 on the inside of the device. Probably needs a spa day to get it sorted though...

@olefolks Did you raise the 510 grub to where the atty wouldn't set flush with the top of the device and try firing it? The reason I suggest that is that way you definitely can rule out the grub connection completely...

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteamStack

Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    He did test the 510 with a multimeter and shows no connection.. as in he fired it and no juice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. olefolks

Supporting member
    Dec 16, 2013
    Lewisville, TX, USA

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vapefiend

Vapefiend Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    Isn't there some screw on the side of the contact or striker plate? Could that be the issue? Again I don't own a p67. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteamStack

Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    Yes the button positive contact screws to the inside of the insert. I mentioned that being loose first long ago.. the striker plate is held tight from tightening the 510 nipple.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Eric Parlin

Eric Parlin Forum Supplier

Aug 1, 2017
    Ok- I'm back in the office after having a decent Labor Day Weekend. I think most of the suggestions here were spot-on. If you aren't seeing any power to the 510, please send it back to me. I'll tear it apart and replace one item at a time until I find the culprit. Then, I'll post back out here what I found and we can use that as a trouble-shooting tip for any future issues.

• Like Like x 21
  11. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Now, how's that for customer service? :thumbs:

• Like Like x 7
  12. SteamStack

Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    Yes would love to hear what was wrong with it!

• Like Like x 4
  13. ENAUD

ENAUD lookin for lulz in all the wrong places Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welp, it's good to have a parts bin when you are a REOnaut...I've been vapin and tinkerin with these mods for over three years now, and just a few minutes ago discovered what it's like to drop a hot spring :facepalm::oops: Grabbed the wrong drip tip and shorted out my SXK Hadaly on my 2015 Woodie. My first indication something was wrong was the smell :lol:

• Like Like x 12
  14. Robinowitz

Robinowitz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Oh bummer! Haven't dropped a spring......yet..... Luckily Reo's have a "safety switch" built in, aka the spring.

• Like Like x 7
  15. ENAUD

ENAUD lookin for lulz in all the wrong places Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Knock on wood Robinowitz, I have a few spares so it really wasn't a problem, and seeing that spring collapse into itself was a reassurance to me, and made me say thanks to the genius of the design of these great mods :)

• Like Like x 6
  16. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I dropped one when building a Chalice III (user error, for sure). I felt the same way when I realized what happened. Thank God for the original thought and design. Spare parts are a wise investment for sure.

• Like Like x 11
  17. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    I don't drop hot springs. But I guess the only weak link to my Reos being good for "lifetimes" is the number of hot springs I have for them. However I have plenty of 'extras' that can be taken out of unused Reos to use in others.

Reminds me of my very early Reo days when the fuse mod for the Reos was the rave. Was suckered into buying the stuff for 50 of them, but never actually used any in my Reos.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  18. olefolks

Supporting member
    Dec 16, 2013
    Lewisville, TX, USA
    Glad you had a good week-end. It will be in the mail tomorrow and thanks!

• Like Like x 4
  19. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Got'em, 6.0mm x 1mm, perfect size.

• Like Like x 2
  20. bushmaster

bushmaster Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Colville, WA
    I had problems navigating through the labyrinth of magnets at K&J Magnetics. I finally ordered 5 1/4" x 1/16" and 5 1/4" x 1/32". The order arrived today and the 1/4" x 1/32" is perfect for my LG H2 battery. The 1/16" magnets work great but .......well, they work just as good with an even shorter throw. I'll have to practice with both awhile longer to make an educated guess which is better on my Grand. One thing I do know--sure are strong little buggers. Awfully hard to pull one off of a stack of five. Don't trim your fingernails.:)

Furthermore, when buying two sets, they come in separate zip-locs as you would expect. Don't let them get near one another or they'll be stuck together like two dogs in a back alley. Strong enough that they'll rip through the plastic. Just sayin...

• Like Like x 7