Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I've managed to screw up about a dozen doors so far. Definitely using the Sharpie trick going forward. . . .
lol well now I don't feel so bad. To get em out Rob always said he heated em with a solder, and used a stronger magnet to pull it out. Didn't work for me after using the mono multi glue, and didn't think when I had access to it, to try the one on the mod that Rob had glued in.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I have a question. I'm pretty sure that this will work to meter my batts, but I want y'all to look at it and make sure. And which thing would I put it on for that? TIA! :)

BSIDE ADM02 Mini Auto Range Digital Multimeter With Temperature -$13.8 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
@Debadoo, that would work. I can’t remember but I’d guess you put it on volts to check your batteries. HOWEVER, if you are mostly just wanting to meter your batteries, I’d suggest a charger that will display the the volts of your batteries. It’s what I use. Every time I go to charge, my charger shows how many volts are left in my battery, then it displays the charging progress. There are millions, as you know, but I was looking for one from a reputable place with a comparable price to your voltmeter. I found this:
Efest LUC V2

I have an Xtar VP4 (that I love) with displays. Couldn’t live without it.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

JC Okie

REOnaut
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    thanks y'all. I will keep the fast tech thingy in mind. Jup, mine from Scott bit the dust.

The xtar VP4 has been on my wishlist for awhile, but I have some credit at GB, so this will essentially be free. The DMM that I have is the cheapo one from harbor freight, and I think the not changeable battery is going bad.

JC Okie

REOnaut
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK

JC Okie

REOnaut
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Ok, so after 3 years of using Reos, it finally happened. I dropped a spring in the p-67 not sure why (need to take the atty off and meter it) the battery is fine though in another mod, so not that.

I realized the only extra spring I have is for the woodvil, but I can steal a spring from a grand........here's my question and I should know this, but don't remember for sure. Is the grand spring the same as the p-67 springs?

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Ok, so after 3 years of using Reos, it finally happened. I dropped a spring in the p-67 not sure why (need to take the atty off and meter it) the battery is fine though in another mod, so not that.

I realized the only extra spring I have is for the woodvil, but I can steal a spring from a grand........here's my question and I should know this, but don't remember for sure. Is the grand spring the same as the p-67 springs?
    Oopsie! I haven’t joined that club yet but........I don’t have the answer to that one either (One of those facts I thought I would never forget. Haha). Let us know what you find out. I know I have some kind that I can share with you. Just PM me when we find out.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

I suspect it's just the screw size that is different on the p-67 vs the Grand.
    The site sells springs for "metal" reos and woodvilles, but different screws for the grand and p-67

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Oopsie! I haven’t joined that club yet but........I don’t have the answer to that one either (One of those facts I thought I would never forget. Haha). Let us know what you find out. I know I have some kind that I can share with you. Just PM me when we find out.
    that's sweet hun. But I have my grand and woody so I can vape til I can get one if it calls for a different kind. Yeah I meter super good. It was weird, I was just vapin away, suddenly it wouldn't vape. I always check the batt first if that happens, cuz I've had some issues with the sammy 30Qs sometimes not making contact. Low and behold that spring was about 1/2 it's original height. :facepalm: So not completely pancaked, but certainly enough. Can't praise those springs enough though. Whatever happened, it did what it was supposed to do.

I suspect it's just the screw size that is different on the p-67 vs the Grand.
    The site sells springs for "metal" reos and woodvilles, but different screws for the grand and p-67
    thanks hun. I'll check with @Eric Parlin :sneaky: I hadn't noticed the different screws. I blame not enough coffee. Or maybe not enough bacon or chocolate, I'm sure it was one of those things. :p But I'll vape the grand rather than swiping it's spring :facepalm:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    The only didference between the Grand and P67 springs is thread direction. P67's screw from the top down, Grands from the bottom up
    Awesome! Thanks. I've been enjoying using the grand again, but may swipe the screw from it to put in the p-67 til I can get a couple of em.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Speaking of removing screws. I’ve been wanting to clean under the spring and put a bit of deposit there (like I routinely do with the firing pin, etc) but seems like they are in there real tight. Also, too easy for me to strip the threads of the screw. Any thoughts? Bad experiences/ good experiences? Thanks Reo family. :hubba:

Reactions: Kenna
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread