Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Still working on the learning curve on the VapeMate on the rebuildables... VapeMate works really well, but I occasionally have a flooding mishap especially in low light and/or impaired vision use.*

And I had an epiphany, that a technique created by a premier Reonaut, Jack Murray, would really work well on the VapeMate, too: Blind Squonking.

For those who don't regularly inhabit the rambling, 5000+ page Reo Social thread, 'squonking' is the term applied to squeezing a Reo feeder bottle just enough to wet the atomizer. Blind Squonking is a technique invented and named by Jack that gets the perfect amount of juice even in zero vision environments. Very simple, straightforward and dependable method that can only be described as somewhere between 'brilliant' and 'genius'.

Adapted to the VapeMate, here's how it applies. And by the way, the feeder tube is not required. Lift the mod with vapemate to your lips at an angle of more than 45 degrees with the VapeMate on top. Think of it as taking the last sip of your favorite beverage from a tall glass. Ensure that any air bubble is not at the top nipple of the bottle. Without hitting the button, take a slight slow inhale. While inhaling, give the bottle a slight squeeze until you hear a slight 'slurp' and the draw is impeded. Immediately quit squeezing the bottle and continue to inhale for an additional second or two. The atty should then be wet, and you should be able to continue vaping normally.

If you've got a VapeMate, give it a try and report how well the technique works for you. If you truly enjoy this method, it may be a good idea to stop by the reo social thread and thank good ol' Jack Murray.

Thanks.

*Which for me, the latter is pretty much any time I don't have my bi-focals on. Ugh, middle age sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread