Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Hi Guys,

So my woodvil 231 red mallee clear resin is causing me trouble :(. It is actually the door. The day I got it, it was a bit difficult to slide it up, I didn't give it much attention as i slide it down all the time.

Now after time has passed, the door is getting stuck. And i mean really stuck. I am pushing with all my force down to open it. So when closing the door, the top of it reaches almost the magnet and from there it becomes really hard to close it. And after closing it you need really a strong push to open it again and soon probably a mallet. Not sure what to do. It is like the upper part got tighter.

FYI temperature here in Athens is between 65-75F (I converted that for ya ;) )and humidity is around 80%.

What should i do? :ohmy: :cry:

Reactions: K31Scout

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Rob has two posts in a row starting here with a link to the video:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...leshooting-ideas.161215/page-27#post-12446483

This is the YouTube video

Thanks a lot tobarger. I was hesitant of sanding at first. Problem is i have a piece of resin as part of the door on the lower right and a dot of resin on the edge. Would hate to mess with that look even if it is hidden while vaping. Would it matter if i sand only one side? we're talking about a small amount i assume. And Rob didn't mention the grit of the sand paper. What do you recommend starting with?

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
Last edited:
Reactions: nerak

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
My cherry Woodvil door was a bit tight, right from the day I got it. It's probably because the humidity where I live, in Florida, is considerably higher than Maine.
Rob recommends [HASHTAG]#400[/HASHTAG]. I used [HASHTAG]#600[/HASHTAG], just to be on the safe side. As per the video, posted above, I just took a couple swipes at a time, so I wouldn't go too far. It took just a couple tries, and the door was perfect. The important thing is to put the sandpaper flat on a table, and keep the same angle as the original miter on the door, as you sand. It should only take a few swipes. Keep checking the fit between swipes.
After getting the fit the way I liked it, I used a bar of soap, on each miter edge of the door, to lubricate it.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Well guys. That was good enough for now. So what I did is sanded using 600 as advised to be safe. Only 1 side since as I mentioned there is resin on the other side that I didn't want to disturb.

Did few swipes didn't work so I did some more and then some more. But i realized that the body on the top is the problem so I tried to stick a sand paper in the opening for the door. Not sure if that contributed anything didn't want to keep on doing it because I feared touching the body.

So anyway after a few trials on the door it now goes easily from completely open to closed. Going with the door upwards is still hard so I put some soap. Better.

But now the important thing once it releases the magnet, the door goes sliding down which is how I like it

Thank you for all your contributions :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread