Status
Not open for further replies.

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
I know all of us know what a great group of people we have here, but thought it might be nice to have a thread dedicated to the fabulous things that happen behind the scenes.

Here's a few to start....
When I was still lurking, Reonauts were grouping together to get a REO to one of our soldiers serving overseas. From the sidelines I watched, and the story warmed my heart. I knew this was the group I wanted to be a part of.

No REOs were available when I first came to REOvil. Finally one popped up in the classies. I was in the middle of cooking dinner and didn't realize REOs fly out of the classies at the speed of light. Thank goodness a REO Angel was looking out for this noob and made sure I didn't miss out.

When the 18490's came out I was completely broke. I was certain I wouldn't get one at all by the time I had the money, and absolutely positive I wouldn't get my favorite. Another REO Angel purchased my favorite, sent it to me, along with batteries and let me pay her back later.

In passing one day, I mentioned a Trippy Tip being on my wish list. Within minutes I had a PM asking for my address...and a very special, beautiful Trippy Tip was sent to me.

....I'm leaving names out in case the involved Reonaut wants to stay anonymous. Feel free to take ownership of your good deeds!
Just want to say I am so happy to be a part of such a wonderful group of people...family. :)

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I had mentioned a few times that I'm partial to those green 4.8v batteries in my Grand, and a kindly REOnaut asked me for my address - he had a couple that he didn't want and wanted to pass them my way. I offered to buy them from him, but he was having none of it.

A few days later I got a package in the mail that had not 2 but 4 600mah 4.8's and 2 400mah 4.8's, plus a charger and a groovy patch for my jacket.

The generosity found in REOville is a rare delight, and I'm happy to have participated on both sides of it. This is one hell of a group of people and I'm grateful to be a part of it.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
I give a thumbs up to Rita who made all those Reo Grand leather jackets and the buttons. What a generous thing to do. The Grand jacket lets me rest my Reo on my chest while I am in my lazyboy. The Grand doesnt slide off my chest with the jacket on and I can hold the TV remote or mouse in my hand..thanks Rita and Earle.

And one nice Reonaughty (no names mentioned) sent be a piece of tubing. Name witheld to protect the innocent.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
***When I first came to REOvil, I had my sole REO Mini Silver with a black door -- At the time, there were no doors for sale and on the REO thread I mentioned that I would love a backup door - and within minutes, to my surprise and delight, one of REOvil's biggest giving hearts posted asking for my address! I later learned that this same REOnaut has given REOs to those in need!

***We have lots of talented people in REOvil, and we're the lucky recipients of that talent too! One awesome REOkin made buttons and REO leather covers and was soon offering them to all REOkin that were interested :wub:

***I was curious about a juice flavor... and a sweet dear REOkin sent me a sample!

***I've never owned a TrippyTip, & I don't remember if I ever posted about it -- again one of REOvil's kindest made me the proud owner of a fabulous TrippyTip :wub:

***Sometimes, our REOkin may be going through a rough patch, and I have been blessed to see and participate with a bunch of REOkin to send baskets of love and good wishes. :)

Good karma brings good karma, and I have been the recipient of some beautiful thank yous as well :)

It's easy to get in the spirit around REOvil - Having read the REOLounge thread from the beginning to January 2011 (I still haven't reached my join date of 03/11 in REOvil which is my goal) I know it started at the top --with Mr. O has one of the biggest hearts around and he has been known to throw in a goodies with his works as well - as does our dear forum moderator too! Who could forget her generous giveaway :wub:

Makes me proud to be a REOnaut, and participate whenever I can :thumbs:

Last edited:

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
davelog offered to put all three of my kids thru college. I graciously accepted. :D

Rita & Earl hooked me up with a Grand Fonzie jacket and button cover and wouldn't even allow me to cover shipping!

Two Reonauts have sent me some DIY goodness.

One Reonaut has sent me some resurrector cartos to try out.

One Reonaut sent me a gift of premium pre-mix juice and some attys and drip tips.

One Reonaut hooked me up with a tank atomizer for my wife's Christmas battery mod.

Rob conspired with my wife to make my dream Woodvil as a suprise anniversary present at a time when he wasn't working on new Woodvils. He made an exception. Maybe it was because my wife can be persuasive.

The blessings I've received from this community in daily smiles, chuckles, and feel good vibes far outweigh anything I could ever give back.

lizblue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
New York, NY
Delilah718 just gave me an 18650 so that I could use my Reo grand pronto. You might have read my thread where I thought I had ordered a Mini but I got a Grand and so my 14500s didn't work. Thanks to her husband too who met me in the city to get it to me. Now I am vaping my Reo at work and loving it! Thank you Delilah718 & Fernando.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I must agree that Reoville is made up of wonderful people!

I have received the covers for my Grands and Mini from Rita. Also the button covers.

One special gentleman sent me a beautiful keepsake box filled with attys, and special drip tips.

A very nice lady sent me a Trippy tip.

The stabilized wood for my Woodvil was gifted to me.

Robert made me a special old wood style Mini as a gift.

A thankful Reonaut sent me a very beautiful pendant just for assisting them.

I started a thread for a package for someone in the army overseas. Many people sent items or cash to put together a fabulous box.

I loaned out a charger and batteries to someone when they sent it back they also sent a gift card for $25.

These are some that I can remember. If I didn't mention you please forgive me. You are all in my heart always!

Last edited:

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
everyone here has been great to me. ive been sent batteries, attys and mods. i had my burl sent to me and told not to pay til i had it and liked it!!! a mini came across the classies and i was broke, it was my favorite color and not made in that shade anymore.... i received 2 pms with the offer to buy it for me and pay it off when i could do it. i had another mod sent to me to check out and see what i thought and how i liked it.
there have been times ive thought wow, these people dont even really know me except for online. these are the kind of people that make the world go round, they have what so many have forgotten....trust and kindness...and they show it every day. thank you everyone!!!!

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I don't have what may be considered a huge thing to some. But to me it is huge I am not very computer literate. I generally use my iPad because it is much simpler than a pc. I have had several Reonaughts assist me with various questions everything from forum questions to personal questions iPad and pc related. I just want to say thank you to you all. And it warms my heart immensely to see what my online friends and family do for each other. It is people like you all who make it easy for me to see goodness in this sometimes seemingly cruel world. So please all of you give yourselves a huge pat on the back even if you don't know you've done something worthy of it I say you deserve it :)

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
I don't have what may be considered a huge thing to some. But to me it is huge I am not very computer literate. I generally use my iPad because it is much simpler than a pc. I have had several Reonaughts assist me with various questions everything from forum questions to personal questions iPad and pc related. I just want to say thank you to you all. And it warms my heart immensely to see what my online friends and family do for each other. It is people like you all who make it easy for me to see goodness in this sometimes seemingly cruel world. So please all of you give yourselves a huge pat on the back even if you don't know you've done something worthy of it I say you deserve it :)
I completely agree! I've had a few computer tutorials from REOnauts myself.;)

Also a big thank you to those that do our banners! I know mine took up some time, from a very busy REOnaut.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I just found this thread and it is a very good one. Those people who have been so generous deserve the recognition so I'll name names to give them the credit they deserve.

First off, a Reonaught friend washvap knew that I wanted to try a Reo Grand so he recommended that I post in the Reo Lounge what I wanted. I had just bought one off the classys but lost it due to unfortunate circumstances. Karen PM'd me that she had one I could buy and it was the same one I had lost on the classys, so she sold it to me for what she paid for it. Then a Woodvil came up on the classys and I wanted it so bad I could taste it and when she read my post she offered to buy it and swap it for my Grand. She took a huge loss on that swap but she wouldn't let me pay her the difference. Then washvap had a mini Woodvil that he wasn't using anymore and offer it to me at a ridiculously low trade so I grabbed that up. Then I wanted a Woodvil 18650 but couldn't afford one so Rob offered me a scratch n dent so now I have 3 Woodvils that I didn't have to pay full price for and I am so happy with these Reos and so thankful to these 3 people that I can't find the words to thank them enough.

Last but not least, hairball/Kelly has been over the top generous with gifts of cartos, tanks, juice and DTs that probably half my supplies are things that she has given me. Thanks is nowhere enough and how do I repay such generous people? What impresses me the most about Reonaughts is their generosity without expecting anything in return. They just like to help each other out. When I'm in a better financial situation, I hope to be able to do the same for others.

There have been others that have sent me things but I can't remember there names at the moment so please forgive me if you aren't mentioned. You know who you are and I thank you all.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I want to thank Dave (Chaseman) for my Chaseman Reo mini! Lots of people here know how much I wanted one and for a lot of reasons I won't go into (had to quit my job when my mom got sick, yada yada), it just wasn't in the cards for me at this time. He did a trade with me that was clearly in my favor and I'm so grateful but also feeling a little guilty. Thanks to mlinky for looking out for me, and Washvap for answering my questions.

tmcase, if anyone deserves some kindness coming their way, you do. I'm so glad to hear you got your beloved woodvils.

olwildbill

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
Kansas City Missouri
Well here is this old Cowboys take on all this. I would have never thought in a million years I would be sittin in front of a computer peckin my thoughts and feelings with a bunch of people I have never met. I never have been a MATERIAL GUY more into acts of kindness and thoughtfulness from the Heart! And thats what led me to REOVILLE. As I have said before I read the lounge thread daily for six months before I started posting.

I couldn't believe my eyes reading day after day week after week month after month everyone sharing good thoughts well wishes prayers when needed smiles Huggs knowledge advice humor and the list goes on and on.

So I would like to take this opportunity to Thank all of you for showing me how much Good there is left in the world. Thankyou all for warming my Heart, putting tears of joy in my eyes, putting rays of hope back in my life, puttin some giddy-up back in my step just knowing No matter what arises I can either go to the lounge or PM you kind souls without having a second thought.

Thankyou REONAUTS for bringing together a wonderful community we all call REOVILLE! Yee Hah

(sorry didn't mean to be so mushy lets all go to the lounge for Huggs and Longnecks).....clothing optional Yipee Ki Yay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread