Not open for further replies.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
How many of you fly with your REOs? Do you have any issues in security? I'm heading to St Thomas, which is US territory and plan on taking an istick and one other. Would really love to take one of my Grands. I have had mixed advice so I thought that I would ask y'all. All of my vape gear is either going to be in my purse or carry on. I will have room for batteries and charger. I don't want to take any chances with a REO tho and don't have to take one ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'd just add that taking another device in addition to the reo would prolly be a good idea. For one, you'd have backup. You'd also have something more "mundane" as a referent to show them if there were questions about the reo - "see, it's just like this other thing, only a different design". In my experience, all they're really concerned about at security is plane safety.

Customs, however, is a slightly different matter, so you should also check up on the local regs regarding vaping for your destination.

Have a great trip.

feldwin

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
Ft Worth Texas
I just got back from ten days in Scotland/Ireland yesterday. Took a grand and a mini 2.1 in my carry on plus 5 batteries for each. Passed through security and customs with no questions asked. Just be sure to empty your bottles and put full bottles in a 1 qt. zip-lock bag. Used them everywhere I went (outside) and never even got a second look.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I just got back from ten days in Scotland/Ireland yesterday. Took a grand and a mini 2.1 in my carry on plus 5 batteries for each. Passed through security and customs with no questions asked. Just be sure to empty your bottles and put full bottles in a 1 qt. zip-lock bag. Used them everywhere I went (outside) and never even got a second look.

Wait....WHAT? You didn't get a second look? With a REO? People must have been blind!

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
I have been in St. Thomas with my REO. No problems with security, but a guy who hangs out at a park in Charlotte Amalie harassed my husband and I endless about vaping LOL - he kept following us around and told us to use some kind of insect killer for nicotine instead.

LOL That is too funny! No telling what the insect killer was. ;) With the iguanas they have down there, it takes more than that to chase them off. Last time we were there a few years ago, there was a guy at the resort that his only job was to keep them chased away. LOL

Mommabird62

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
LOL That is too funny! No telling what the insect killer was. ;) With the iguanas they have down there, it takes more than that to chase them off. Last time we were there a few years ago, there was a guy at the resort that his only job was to keep them chased away. LOL

Mommabird62

You could just wind up and chuck a Reo at 'em. It wouldn't hurt the Reo anyway.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I just went to Florida and got back this past Sat. I wrapped my REOs in bubble wrap and put them in my carry on tote bag. I took them out and put them in the bin thing at security, still bubble wrapped with alll my batts in the plastic cases and in a zip lock bag next to them (along with 2 Provari and 3 Halo Triton). Only remark in Indy airport was that he "never saw those kind of ecigs before", LOL

No questions or anything in Ft Myers Airport. Overseas? Not sure but I think a ton of TSA are aware of them now. Have a great time!!!!

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
One could always loosen the cap on the bottle (provided the mod stays upright) then tighten it back up before squonking/vaping at cruise altitude. Once cruise altitude is reached, it should be fine right to the the end of the flight. I haven't tried it myself but understand how cabin pressurization works.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I take them with me all the time, All your batteries must be in carry-on. I swap to an empty bottle before boarding and put the nipple tip on the other bottle in my pocket, you never know when it might come in handy. If you're going to stealth hit take small hits and hold it so you don't exhale a cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread