Reosmod folks, now is your chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotElvis

May 12, 2012
Live Oak, FL
Hi, I'm notelvis, that much I know is true.

A few years ago I got a 510 with pass-through, it worked great for me for about 2 months, then it just wasn't enough, unfortunately, it also coincided with me being flat broke.

I'm looking to get off the analogs again and don't want to make the same mistake. I'm looking at the Reos as I am quite drawn to the bottom feeders and prefer discretion over having a huge tank of suspicious liquid in a massive tube of largeness.

I've learned my lesson, I need more than a 510. I did however, very much like the pass-through feature as I spend a lot of time on the computer and it saved me switching out batteries all the time.

I wish I could find something like the Revolution, which is a bottom feed, with a hidey hole and a pass-through, but made much better as it is known for being rather cheaply made.

All signs point to the Reo as the best bottom feed, but I'm so far behind on the knowledge these days and don't really know what kind of performance I would get from the different models, I'm leaning towards the grand, because my theory is that it is much more powerful and I'd be better off getting more power than I'm accustomed to and acclimate myself to that, rather than getting something that suffices, but I'll quickly vape out of.

Also, it is only the mod, so I'd guess I need batteries and a charger, but I'm not sure what else. Turns out folks like the drip tips on them for comfort, not function, so maybe a couple of those....

So Reosmod folks, now is your chance, tell me what I need to know (besides be patient for them to be in stock) and give me a nice round number for what my total cost would be for a Reo Grand with required accessories. I do have liquid already.

And do you think the Reo Grand is a good choice? Or would you suggest another model? Or do you know of another quality made mod, bottom feeding mod with pass-thru I should consider?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
You probably ought to run up your post count to 5 and/or check out the Reo forum. Those Reo folks don't believe in any other PV. They're a fanatical lot and they'll be all over your questions. :)

Your last question will be easy for them, but I'll save you some time. Yes, get a Reo and No, there is no option!!

Last edited:

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
First, you need to know that there is a whole sub-forum dedicated to Reos... in fact two:

REO (All Models)
Reos Mods

Second, to make a Reo work you need an atomizer or a cartomizer and an appropriate battery and charger. They come with bottles and everything. It's best to use an atomizer, like a 510 or a 306 - you'll get flavor on par with dripping but without the hassle.

I'm not sure about the cost... You can get batteries and a charger at Super T and atomizers at Avid Vaper, or IKenVape or you can try with some generic atomizers from anywhere.. I got the best results with a Cisco spec 1.5 Ohm 306. It's really amazing.

If they are not in stock, you can also get Verified and then check the classifieds - that's how I got mine (on a whim, I wasn't planning to, but I don't regret it).

I don't know what else to say other than it's a superb PV... I'm new to it myself.

ETA: Welcome to ECF!

Last edited:
You probably ought to run up your post count to 5 and/or check out the Reo forum. Those Reo folks don't believe in any other PV. They're a fanatical lot and they'll be all over your questions. :)

Your last question will be easy for them, but I'll save you some time. Yes, get a Reo and No, there is no option!!

Being a Reo Grand user I suggest you do get one. I did much research and got my Grand after going through a cheapo first e-cig model like most of us do. The battery lasts all day - 2 days if you are not a heavy vaper and the bottle holds more than I vape in 2 days. The batteries are about 10 bucks each and the charger is about 20 bucks. There are links for both on the Reo site. You will need some 501 cartomizers and juice and you are ready to vape! I say go for it. You will not be sorry, just tobacco free. I got my Grand on a Saturday and had my last smoke on Sunday...

Perhaps I am not a total fanatic... But then again...

:vapor:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I'll let Grand owners better fill you in on that model..I prefer the wood REOs inparticular the Woodvil. I like the 6ml juice bottle and the big 18650 batt. Both for less hassle and pretty much all day vaping. I should add the Grand has the same but like I said Im partial to the beauty of the wood. Any REO model will perform great and you'd be wise to choose the one which is best fitted to you. :)

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
ok i guess i classify as a fanatic as the reos are the only mod i have ever owned the grand is a good choice if you want it to last all day on a juice bottle and a battery you can get chargers that will connect to your USB port Xtar is a good choice for that. It will connect to your usb a wall socket and a car adapter for that

colt45

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
frankfort indiana
i guess i am a reo fanatic also. in the last year i have used and owned a lot of mods including the sabre touch, provari, darwin,phidias, and many more. for simple effective and the most trouble free vaping experiance nothing tops a reo. with the bottom feeding function you have it all in one compact almost indestructble unit. no more need to carry a kit of things with you like bottle of juice napkins etc its all self contained and ready to go. come join us in reoville you wont want to leave

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
You won't be disappointed with any of the REOs.
I had my eye on them for quite a while before finally getting a Grand.
An 18650 battery and on-board 6 ml bottle of juice lasts me well over a day.
Its good low maintenance carefree vaping.
I'm Sure Its Very Nice.

P.S. - BTW, get the Black/Gold one, thats the best color.
And don't let anyone tell you otherwise DamIt.

Last edited:

RocketRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
You don't have to own a REO to post in the sub forum and ask questions.

I own a Provari V2. It's about 2 months old. I have run about 10mls of juice through it. I really need to sell it or something. It has no chance in my vaping world against the REO Grand or the VV Woodvil'.

There are Grands currently for sale on the REO website, and were a couple in the classifieds today. They don't last long in either place.

I doubt you will get many answers here, it's been said many times before. Do it, you won't be disappointed!

harley05

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Scarborough, Maine
Hi My name is Ed and I'm a Reonut! If you're looking for a nearly indestructible mod in a compact package with enough juice and amps to get you through the whole day then a REO is right for you. I have a Grand and also the first stabilized woodvil, named Nebula by the original owner. Mine use 18650 batt and a 6 ml bottle. If you like, you can pm me with any questions since I see you can't post yet. Good luck!

Sent from my Nebula using Tapatalk 2

colt45

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
frankfort indiana
i'm sorry i forgot that you asked about the cost of starting up with a reo
reo grand new 144$
batterys apprx 10$ each reccomend 3 30$
tr 001 charger 15$ atty or cartos varies apprx 7$ per box cartos 2 boxs 14$
total 188$ add shipping and you're right around 200$
reo grand and mini are in stock now and rob also sells attys and cartos at a fair price to save shipping costs
reosmods.com

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

If you take a look at my signature you will see that I have 3 Reos and a lot more other mods so I'd be careful about shootin off your mouth about not believing in other mods or being fanatical.

Notelvis...like sailorman said, get 2 more posts and then post in the Reomods forum any questions you might have. We are more than happy to answer any questions you might have about Reos and you will get more exposure and better information there.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Haha! I've been perusing that section, but wasn't finding the specific answers I was looking for, they are so rabid, I felt just by mentioning the name, they would come running. :)

And hey, I can't be the only one...

Most of us don't visit the newbie forum much anymore because of all the misinformation. Join us in the Reomods forum and ask whatever questions you want. We're there to help.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I did forget to mention one very important thing....Rob's customer service is the best bar none. He insist your happy with what he makes and is ALWAYS available to contact. I bought one of his first ones made and knew then REOs were the best and to this day that hasn't changed. Think about it...there has to be a darn good reason why they sell as fast as they are made and no one sells more. :)

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Here are some great threads from people looking at REO's before purchase:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/270491-why-choose-reo-some-questions.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/263198-seriously-considering-reo-grand-have-questions.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/263379-umm-wow-need-someone-patient-walk-me-through-huge-transition.html

My stand on REO's, well, guess I am classified as a fanatic!

IMG_1395.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread