Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
:lol: There's something to be said for a hot pink REO....... If nothing else, at least the men in our lives are less likely to "borrow" them.

Depends on the color of pink. When I was young pink with a suntan often got my attention. :)

Attachments

• suntanpink.jpg
    suntanpink.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yep those are beautiful. I may not use my REOs on the regular anymore but they're no less a part of me or my stash. And I'll be taking my P67 out to Colorado and Utah with me alongside my regulated ultem mod because there's nothing more reliable than a REO. I'd never go on a long trip without one.

And I'll be taking 2 Entheons on that trip also.:rickroll:
Sloth, no matter how busy you get or what else you're vaping, you MUST bring your pictures and tales of that trip back to us. :wub: Can't wait to hear all about it. Take notes. LOL

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Sloth, no matter how busy you get or what else you're vaping, you MUST bring your pictures and tales of that trip back to us. :wub: Can't wait to hear all about it. Take notes. LOL
I will :) lots of pics, and I'm DEBATING getting a gopro (for biking footage) :unsure:

^But I'm not sure if that's a tree I wanna bark up or not...

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm absolutely loving these bottles. I've replaced every bottle in every 18650 REO I own with these. Someone mentioned they were too soft, but not for me. These things fit my squonking style to a tee. It took me about a minute to get used to the (lack of) pressure it took to squonk but not over-squonk them; since then they've been perfect for me. Just my opinion, of course. I really liked the other little soft (Italian) bottles I got from Reos mods, but I like these even better.

Reactions: Spydro

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm absolutely loving these bottles. I've replaced every bottle in every 18650 REO I own with these. Someone mentioned they were too soft, but not for me. These things fit my squonking style to a tee. It took me about a minute to get used to the (lack of) pressure it took to squonk but not over-squonk them; since then they've been perfect for me. Just my opinion, of course. I really liked the other little soft (Italian) bottles I got from Reos mods, but I like these even better.

I broke down and ordered a 5 pack of the silicone ones to try. I already have 1, which I haven't even tried yet. But the previous owner of a mod I acquired included one in the box, when he sent it.
I was reluctant to even try the soft Italian bottles from REO. I have fairly strong hands; so the stock REO bottles were never an issue with me. But I did eventually try them, and lo and behold, I found that I really did prefer them.
So, I'm anxious to see how they work out.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I broke down and ordered a 5 pack of the silicone ones to try. I already have 1, which I haven't even tried yet. But the previous owner of a mod I acquired included one in the box, when he sent it.
I was reluctant to even try the soft Italian bottles from REO. I have fairly strong hands; so the stock REO bottles were never an issue with me. But I did eventually try them, and lo and behold, I found that I really did prefer them.
So, I'm anxious to see how they work out.
These make the Italian bottles feel stiff. LOL. It takes a minute to get used to them. The secret of my success has been to trust that when I touch it, it's squonking. Watching the bubbles go up and back down every single time helped me to trust that I could count on the squonk.

Also, with the other bottles, both the original REO bottles and the Italian bottles, I've always refilled at about the 1/4th full point...or maybe even a little earlier, because as I got closer to an empty bottle, I had to squonk longer and harder. Not with these. I can get the very last drop of juice out of these as easily as the first drop.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

M precision finger dexterity is about as good as it can get. So over squonking has never been a problem on my Reos. Our vaping styles are probably on opposite ends of the spectrum... you're a tootle puffer, I take long direct lung hits; you use dainty coils, I use monster size coils that hold a massive amount of wick, etc. My first thoughts were based on installing one of these bottles first in one of the P67's that is running a Mesh RDA that has a massive very tight cotton wick that would probably wick up to a couple dozen of your coils. It takes a lot of joose to whet it, the tightness of it takes more pressure to saturate it and doesn't allow the now 'dented' silicone bottle to draw air or joose back into it very well. But I found a fix, I trapped a Reo reducer tube between the tight wick and deck that does allow the bottle to draw air/joose. A second bottle was installed in another P67 with a Kryten and my normal monster wicks, it works just fine. I can't just blow on it and get it to whet the wicks :(, but a whisper light touch gets it done. ;) I stopped there, will just run these two bottles for a while.

As for my liking them better than the standard Reo bottles that I have used for over 3 years, not so far. They take some extra fiddling with man size hands. I actually had no issues at all with the Reo bottles, just bought 5 of these to try them on a whim. If I were to get more, and that's a big IF I could find a different source for them, I'd get the PE version instead of the silicone version though.

VV Mesh RDA B1.jpg
VV Mesh RDA B2.jpg

Reactions: CMD-Ky

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
M precision finger dexterity is about as good as it can get. So over squonking has never been a problem on my Reos. Our vaping styles are probably on opposite ends of the spectrum... you're a tootle puffer, I take long direct lung hits; you use dainty coils, I use monster size coils that hold a massive amount of wick, etc. My first thoughts were based on installing one of these bottles first in one of the P67's that is running a Mesh RDA that has a massive very tight cotton wick that would probably wick up to a couple dozen of your coils. It takes a lot of joose to whet it, the tightness of it takes more pressure to saturate it and doesn't allow the now 'dented' silicone bottle to draw air or joose back into it very well. But I found a fix, I trapped a Reo reducer tube between the tight wick and deck that does allow the bottle to draw air/joose. A second bottle was installed in another P67 with a Kryten and my normal monster wicks, it works just fine. I can't just blow on it and get it to whet the wicks :(, but a whisper light touch gets it done. ;) I stopped there, will just run these two bottles for a while.

As for my liking them better than the standard Reo bottles that I have used for over 3 years, not so far. They take some extra fiddling with man size hands. I actually had no issues at all with the Reo bottles, just bought 5 of these to try them on a whim. If I were to get more, and that's a big IF I could find a different source for them, I'd get the PE version instead of the silicone version though.

View attachment 688105 View attachment 688107
I can certainly see how these may work way differently on your monster coils and WADS :)lol:) of wicking. You're right......my tiny little tootle puffer coils and barely any wicking would probably be a lot easier on these bottles, or any bottles for that matter. My coils are six wraps of 28 gauge Kanthal around a 1.5 mm spindle. They come in around .7-.9 ohms. Then I usually "screw" in a tiny half-inch piece of Ready-X-Wick and I'm good to go for a few months. Even on the tiniest deck, my coil and wick take up very little room. Any squonk from any bottle will wash over the whole thing then drain instantly.

On the original bottles, I always had trouble aquonking when the juice was down to the bottom third of the bottle. I had to "adjust" my squonk based on how much juice was left. Not with these.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I can certainly see how these may work way differently on your monster coils and WADS :)lol:) of wicking. You're right......my tiny little tootle puffer coils and barely any wicking would probably be a lot easier on these bottles, or any bottles for that matter. My coils are six wraps of 28 gauge Kanthal around a 1.5 mm spindle. The come in around .7-.9 ohms. Then I usually "screw" in a tiny half-inch piece of Ready-X-Wick and I'm good to go for a few months. Even on the tiniest deck, my coil and wick take up very little room. Any squonk from any bottle will wash over the whole thing then drain instantly.

On the original bottles, I always had trouble aquonking when the juice was down to the bottom third of the bottle. I had to "adjust" my squonk based on how much juice was left. Not with these.

We all have to find what works for our style best... and you've found yours with these bottles. In time I may like them better too.

No idea if you've ever used Cotton Bacon V2, but that's what I am using on the two Reo P67's running Mesh RDA's. It takes about half of one of the 1"Φ x 4" sticks pulled and rolled to wick these RDA's properly. That's a lot of wick to saturate.

cbv26.jpg

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
No idea if you've ever used Cotton Bacon V2, but that's what I am using on the two Reo P67's running Mesh RDA's. It takes about half of one of the 1"Φ x 4" sticks pulled and rolled to wick these RDA's properly. That's a lot of wick to saturate.
View attachment 688133
Yes it is!

Reactions: MsLoud

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I got mine yesterday and it is easily my instant favorite RDA. It kicks the Hadaly up a couple notches. For one thing, zero leaking so far, even bouncing in my pocket on rough terrain mountain biking. The clamps are MUCH nicer than the Hadaly. They hold thinner wires like a champ. I'm running 26g 316l with a super secure connection which I was never able to do on the Hadaly so I stuck with 24g.

I would post a pic but it's not on a REO. :oops:

You're going to love it. I already ordered a 2nd.

Pleasant surprise today. I had forgotten that Priority Mail comes on Sunday. But I saw the mail truck go by, and lo and behold, my Entheon was in the mail box. After looking everything over (it comes with lots of odds and ends in the bag), I immediately ordered another, without even vaping it yet. I can tell that it's beautifully made. An improvement over the Hadaly, and the Hadaly is a great atty in itself. I think I'm also going to go with a 26g 316L coil, for my first try. I've been running 28g parallels in the Hadalys.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Pleasant surprise today. I had forgotten that Priority Mail comes on Sunday. But I saw the mail truck go by, and lo and behold, my Entheon was in the mail box. After looking everything over (it comes with lots of odds and ends in the bag), I immediately ordered another, without even vaping it yet. I can tell that it's beautifully made. An improvement over the Hadaly, and the Hadaly is a great atty in itself. I think I'm also going to go with a 26g 316L coil, for my first try. I've been running 28g parallels in the Hadalys.
Haha, yep, I vaped mine before ordering but I remember that as I was building it I thought to myself, "#2 is inbound already."

Reactions: MsLoud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread