Repair 601 atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

berthoff

Dec 29, 2009
Seattle WA
There's a thread about 601s in the Modder's Forum. I posted there, but got no response. So I thought I would try here.

My 601 pipe just died. It can do the cleaning cycle, but when I suck on it no light comes on.

Is anyone of you geniuses that are more coordinated than all-thumbs me interested in taking a look at it and trying to fix it?

Yes, I'd pay for the repair, and be very grateful.

Just PM me.

Anyone here have any ideas what's wrong or what I can do? Please post here if you do.

Thanks!

Bert

caesar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Bucharest
theprecious.ro
If you can do the cleaning cycle then the suction sensor is full with e-juice and does not activate anymore.

Most easy repair you can do is to mount a switch on the cap and tie it to the "cleaning cycle" posts inside. Push and vape.

I don't know a good method to clean the sensor so I just suggested the simple way around the problem.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Unfortunately you'll probably have to pick up a new atty bowl from one of the vendors. They average around 40 bucks or so.

The sensor is a very tiny magnetic switch, which is most likely covered in dried up juice. The sensor is centrally located at the base of the atty, which extends into the wooden portion about where the wood stem section comes away from the bowl portion.

You could try to clean it by taking everything apart, and soaking it in either PGA or CrestPro mouthwash overnight. Shake it out and let it dry for a day or two.

If that doesn't work, you're probably stuck with a dud. Or you could try the switch mod with your cleaning mode contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread