replacement switch KTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Not sure this thread is in the right place, so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong spot.

The switch on my KTS broke. It no longer has spring action. It's still *kind of* useable by turning it so gravity pulls the button back out for me. Anyone know of a a place to get another switch or a way to repair the currwnt switch? If another modles switch has close enough lengrh, I certainly don't mind tapping a new hole, but it isn't feesable to buy a whole grip of different switches in hopes one will work.

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Magnets sure would be nice! Springs are for the birds. I bought the KTS on a whim, which considering how much time and effort I put into my other mod purchases, is really strange for me. If I had it to do over again, I probably would have waited and got something else. If I continue to work in a physical and dirty environment that keeps me using mech mods, I hope my next purchase is a precise, but who knows. Maybe I'll land a cushy gig where I won't be afraid to carry a nifty electronic mod.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Sounds like the KTS was a good work mod for you anyways-
It was my first mech and pretty much sold me on the whole idea. I have always been into metalworking and cool, simple stuff, so they clicked right away. I never saw myself using an RBA either, but the two are made for each other and I have found ways to vape that have blown my mind. I just bought a small mech (temon, 14500) that I could find and afford, so I'm super geeked to have a reasonably pocket-friendly mod that I can run a 1.2 ohm coil on.

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
I can't complain too much. Even if I worked a clean cushy job where I could use an electrical mod, I'd still need a mech to get new wick/coils working right, so now that I have replacement buttons on the way, the KTS will probably always have a home in my kit......and it was cheap. Picked mine up at a brick and mortar ahop for 40 bucks, but still, the longer I use it, the more I want a new mod. I doubt I'll ever stop using RBAs and the gen style RBAs got me away from bottom fed mods. All in all, I could havw done a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread