Representatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I get the periodic newsletter from my federal representative since the first time I wrote to her. I take the time to go back to her "contact me" link and respond to it. I actually don't discuss what is in her newsletter, but I do ask why her actions on the use of vaporizers for smoking cessation is not in it.

This time, I mentioned "A Billion Lives". I am grateful for those that speak of it here because I searched for it to review before I include the paragraph. I also mentioned the Bill in the Appropriations Committee. Just in closing, I just spoke of my success and how my doctor and dentist have also noticed the positive change.

Anyway, just another way to express. I signed up for the e-mail newsletters from my two Federal Senators also. They make good reminders that I should keep putting my success in their mail.

It is just another way to feel like I did something.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I get the periodic newsletter from my federal representative since the first time I wrote to her. I take the time to go back to her "contact me" link and respond to it. I actually don't discuss what is in her newsletter, but I do ask why her actions on the use of vaporizers for smoking cessation is not in it.
That's an outstanding idea...
Now I wish I hadn't immediately unsubscribed whenever I've gotten one of those...

But you have to understand, my representatives are Boxer and Feinstein.
So yeah.

But still, a GREAT idea!
:thumb:

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
my representatives are Boxer and Feinstein.
So yeah.
:thumb:

Me too-

I've had it with being nice and asking our reps to actually have us in mind

Today, got another "canned" response from Feinstein about vapor products with all the normal outdated, incorrect info in it. Something just snapped - well, not snapped, maybe cracked a little. Must reply... I kind of "lost it" a little and ventured away from my normal nice demeanor:

Senator,

How stupid do you think the vaping community actually is? Or is it the general public you target as stupid?

Practically every "fact" you pointed out has been dismissed as junk science by multiple entities.

You should be ashamed of yourself - how can you sleep?

I am sick and tired of the tobacco Master Settlement speaking for our reps. That's the real issue here - you're ...... about your tobacco tax money going away.

You should be ashamed of yourself. How easy is it to lie to millions?

There is accurate and substantial scientific and medical evidence showing vapor products to be AT LEAST 95% SAFER than ANY form of tobacco. This FACT comes from perhaps the most highly regarded institution for their unbiased and accurate scientific methods - The Royal College of Physicians. There are numerous studies supporting this. Most of your facts are being dismissed as junk science - or worse, you are being connected with compromised medical and scientific entities that are money or politically motivated.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Tobacco tax funded wallet hurting a little?

Try something new - advocate for the most successful, safest, easy and significant method ever conceived to remove tobacco from ones life. We've all had enough of the scare mongering tactics and outright lies being told to the public. We're aware you know the truth.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Ambien a friend - or necessity?

Again, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I put financial reasons above the health of millions - I would know that I had some direct responsibility for their impending deaths.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Cancer of others no worry?

Why don't we see this level of anger against tobacco that is proven to kill? I know why - taxes restored if vaping is destroyed. The cost incurred will be millions of Americans returning to tobacco, health problems, and eventually death.

Apparently, that doesn't seem to bother very many of you.

You should be ashamed of yourself. In the future, your decisions could bring death to people close to you, and millions of others.

A voter and veteran that knows, and cares about the truth,

Rick Hageman

Maybe next time I'll get ...... and not sugar coat everything!

Rick ;)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Maybe next time I'll get ...... and not sugar coat everything!
I've sent some like that over the years.
I think Boxer has gotten a couple.

I send good ones, and bad ones.
I send the bad ones because I want to make sure they know that we know.

Whether or not they care is another matter altogether.

Reactions: nicnik

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
How stupid do you think the vaping community actually is? Or is it the general public you target as stupid?

Practically every "fact" you pointed out has been dismissed as junk science by multiple entities.

You should be ashamed of yourself - how can you sleep?

Render, I like many here have sent different "types" of letters to our long standing (term limits please!!!!), out of touch(rotary phone), greedy (MSA), uncaring (Doesn't effect me-where's the $), money grabbing (Rob Peter to pay Paul), don't give a Ship (sleep well, dreaming about the money lining their pockets) about their constituents (not by my choice- Can't get these guys OUT!) politicians. WOOH.
May I plagiarize your letter? Mine have been around the block a few times. I feel no guilt what so ever. They don't read them anyway. Form letter responses. How can these people NOT care after all the years they taxed the hell out of us to quit. We do and it's not enough.

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
I've sent some like that over the years.
I think Boxer has gotten a couple.

I send good ones, and bad ones.
I send the bad ones because I want to make sure they know that we know.

Whether or not they care is another matter altogether.

I completely understand about the lack of comprehension with Boxer and Feinstein, and desire for term limits, but here's the thing: you now have an opportunity to make your next Senator from CA.

There will be two candidates on the ballot, with very different views on vaping. Your AG Harris holds views like Feinstein and Boxer, while the other, Loretta Sanchez is much more pro vaping and has been interested in visiting some Vape shops in her area. Why don't we mobilize the community and actually create our future this time.

It's the best way to avoid 6 more years of idiotic form letters!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I find what Pence did signing that bill into law profoundly disturbing. The guy has a reputation for being a straight-shooter and a conservative. What went wrong here?

If Trump selects him for VP, it won't discourage me from voting. I'll still cast my ballot as usual. Then I'll exit the polling place and blow chunks into the bushes beside the door.

Reactions: renderwerks

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Read this morning that those in the know reckon Gov Pence of Indiana is the front runner to be Trump's VP. The Godfather of the harshest and most corrupt anti-vaping law in the country.
That's ok. What better way to neuter and make a politician completely useless than to make him VP?

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
I'll still cast my ballot as usual. Then I'll exit the polling place and blow chunks into the bushes beside the door.
o_O
I'm trying to avoid that - may be unavoidable tho... Rolled the dice, I start drinking after I vote - give some love to my own bushes.

:toast:

Reactions: Endor

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
o_O
I'm trying to avoid that - may be unavoidable tho... Rolled the dice, I start drinking after I vote - give some love to my own bushes.

:toast:
I've decided that since California going to the Democrats (Hillary) is a foregone conclusion (do they even bother counting the votes?), I'm voting for Gary Johnson. It's time the Libertarian party gets some love. "Fiscally conservative, socially liberal" sounds right up my alley.

Truthdog

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2016
Washington, DC
I've decided that since California going to the Democrats (Hillary) is a foregone conclusion (do they even bother counting the votes?), I'm voting for Gary Johnson. It's time the Libertarian party gets some love. "Fiscally conservative, socially liberal" sounds right up my alley.

I think that would be fine now that Pence is on board with Trump, but do consider voting for Loretta Sanchez for Senate. Of the two, she's the only one willing to take a more pro-Vaping position. I think Harris will get you two more decades of Feinstein....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread