Request for Feedback from Experienced DIYers re. Request for Mods/Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so we are getting a lot of folks wanting to start DIYing (like me, not all that long ago), which is great, but many of them have no chemistry background or knowledge of the potential hazards. We point them to the stickies at the top of the DIY subforum, but the most important and useful thread is not even in the DIY subforum. I remembered reading it somewhere, but then did not find it again until going back over the stickies to see which are most relevant for new mixers. It is linked in the "Guide to DIY Flavoring" thread, but personally I feel that it should be at the very top of the DIY stickies, with something like "Must Read" in the title, perhaps in addition to the "Announcements and News" section where it currently resides. Fact is that several of the stickies are more appropriate for advanced users, so just saying "read the stickies" might cause someone's eyes to glaze over before the get to the essential info for beginners.

Do others feel that would be appropriate and useful, or am I just being too protective? Here is the thread of which I speak:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-news/144783-warning-e-liquid-diy-safety.html.

[edit] Note that this is not the "***DIY Warning....Please read***" thread, which just discusses flavorings.
[edit] Changed title to get feedback from noobs too, since their perspective is important. Hmmm, I can change the title of my first comment, but not the thread? Oh well, any new DIYers that care to, please do chime in.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Yes you have a good point there and there are also others such as myself who write informative blogs which I think should be easier to find and access.

My blogs

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

as well as the stickies at the top of the page.

They all explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Oh yes, those blogs helped me a lot. Is it OK for me to link to them when I reply to posts from others? I often mention one or both, but I do not know if it is impolite for me to directly link to other's blogs.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Oh yes, those blogs helped me a lot. Is it OK for me to link to them when I reply to posts from others? I often mention one or both, but I do not know if it is impolite for me to directly link to other's blogs.

Not only do I not mind I insist:)

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Yes, safety should be paramount. And I definitely think those without experience or background should be steered toward lower nic concentrations until they have gained experience. Vaping certainly does not need the bad PR of someone with kids, pets, etc. spilling 100mg onto their carpet, etc. Indeed default recommendation should be the lowest concentration that meets the need (i.e. at or near vape level) mixed with flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread