Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
Greetings,
I recently purchased a SVC Storm RAT from https://stormysvaporcellar.com/index.php. I missed the preorder :[. I believe those who didn't should have received theirs or soon will. I won't get mine till the 20th.

Requested key notes; Size dimensions. Does it come with a bottom cap or thread cover as shown in the pics? Assembly of the unit.

Is it the DID?
If you go to http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/storminyte/did1.jpg uploaded by user storminyte. Right click the image as 'save as'. The image(s) are labelled 'did1' 'did2'. :confused:

Many thanks,
deviantdigi

Attachments

• did1.jpg
    did1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 36
  • SVC genesis ra tank 2.jpg
    SVC genesis ra tank 2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 34

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
That price seems a bit high, they will be popping up soon at <$30. They are China DID copies.

Most folks seem to like them, Mamu for one, they are very similar to the expensive DID. Definitely a great way to see if the fiddling required to get Genesis atty's working right is for you.

I'm sure soon there will be tons of YouTube vids as more vendors stock them. For now the actual DID vids should help you get started.

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
They are selling for $24.99, under the name "Griffin" though I got mine for $12 through a coop. I would wait for the price to come down if I was ever going to buy anything from SVC knowing they marked this up over 3 times its cost.

The Griffin - Rebuildable Atomizer Tank

I wish I had read your guys posts beforehand. But I had to make a purchase as I was running out of supplies. Thanks for posting though!

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I wish I had read your guys posts beforehand. But I had to make a purchase as I was running out of supplies. Thanks for posting though!
Paying a few $ more from a trusted and respected vendor can offer many dividends. The coops can often take a long time and in the case of problems you are usually SOL. And as is usually the case early adopters tend to pay more. I find nothing wrong with that.

I didn't post the DV link cuz the price means nothing if there is no product to deliver.

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
Paying a few $ more from a trusted and respected vendor can offer many dividends. The coops can often take a long time and in the case of problems you are usually SOL. And as is usually the case early adopters tend to pay more. I find nothing wrong with that.

I didn't post the DV link cuz the price means nothing if there is no product to deliver.

Stormy's customer service is really good. Every question I asked was responded to quickly with no run around. Props for honesty. But she had something for up for sale when she personally hasn't even touched it (she was on vacation). So I don't know, it was the best RAT available at that time, at that price.

I should be getting mine this Wed. or Thurs. Still haven't found a review yet. I'd post one up myself but this will be the first RAT for me.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well this may be of some help. The poster is a Genesis builder.

Best to ignore the posts after his guide as there ain't many modders on that forum.

DID Copy-Genisis Atomizer Tutorial

He may be overstating a bit, but even so.

Put it on different mods check out the performance. I can say this performs as well as any Genisis Atomizer out there. So you better get one!

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
I'm not a reviewer, but just in case anyone else stumbles across this thread.

"Size dimensions"
About the diameter of an ego battery. Maybe about a cm greater in difference. About as tall as a bic lighter including drip tip. It weighs about as much as 2 Ego twist's 1000 mah.

"Does it come with a bottom cap or thread cover as shown in the pics?"
From SVC? NOPE! :[

Is it the DID?
Its a DID clone. Though the top cap's air hole doesn't aline with the SS mesh wick. Giving a harsh throat hit and weird flavor. I found adding an additional o ring from the connector of a CE2 carto to the existing o ring that is on the top portion of the RAT. [Breath] Will allow you to un-turn the cap to aline the air hole properly while still having a snug cap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread