Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
Greetings,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on choosing the right RA for my specifications? I've looked at just about every RA available. I just can't seem to make a decision.

So I'm looking for a mid range, aka budget, decent looking RA or RAT. Though I despise dripping. So about $50-ish, preferably less. Close to the diameter of an Ego as I'm using the Ego-C Twist 1000 mah (invested in 3 batteries). Overall length could be a factor. The size and ergonomics of the device matters to me. Being the Twist battery is fairly light, having a chunk of metal of top of it may be too wonky.

My ideal is the mesh wick type of RAT like the mini DID. I don't know its size but it looks about right. I just can't afford that, adding waiting times, shipping etc. I'm in the US btw.

So first option, I came across the SVC Storm Genesis RAT from stormysvaporcellar. Its a nice looking RAT for $40. Mesh, tank. Looks a little big for an Ego though and there is a wait. Preorder atm, with little info about it. I've emailed stormy, she is on Vacation so I can't get dimensions. She also has a good listing of RA supplies so shipping would be less so one stop is a plus.
Link: SVC Storm Genesis RA Tank IN STOCK! - $39.99 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More

Second option, the A7 RA from EmpireMods. $20, affordable. Looks nice, I would prefer the looks of this over a Phoenix. Well priced given design and appearance. Could be modded to hold juice by foam or something though. Its an RA, so dripping. They have a bad listing of RA supplies available. Looks to be about the size of the SVC Storm its hard to tell. Mesh capable. Has a somewhat of a well for holding juice.
A7 Stainless Steel Rebuildable Atomizer

Side question: Given the dimensions of mod RA/RAT's. Should I invest into a larger mod to accommodate the RA and ergonomics that I'm looking for? Something like the The Vented Telescope Adjustable Tube Mod, Chrome. Even though would be nice, it would surpass your desired spending limit?

I believe these two are the best options I have come across that fit into such ridiculous specifics :laugh:. I like to condense my purchases from a single supply if possible. So given all that, which supplier/ device option do you like best? If you have anything to add regarding info about them I'm all ears. Or if you have another device option that is better.

Sorry if that is a lot to take in, many thanks!
Deviantdigi

Attachments

• 3926-1_1.jpg
    3926-1_1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 8
  • did3.jpg
    did3.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 11
  • REBA7-1.jpg
    REBA7-1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 50
  • SVC genesis ra tank 2.jpg
    SVC genesis ra tank 2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
you could get the DID atomizer and call it the day but its 122 shipped from Greece. They are in stock right now
Being I can get the Telescope mod and the SVC RAT for about $80. The mini DID at that price isn't appealing to me.
I understand you pay for quality, but that is not a privilege I have at this point in time. Any other suggestions?

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
Being I can get the Telescope mod and the SVC RAT for about $80. The mini DID at that price isn't appealing to me.
I understand you pay for quality, but that is not a privilege I have at this point in time. Any other suggestions?

since you already have a twist, why purchase the telescope mod. its a 3.7v mod, unless you run a kick with it. if you truly want a bigger battery i would suggest sticking with a vv mod. the lavatube mini's are smaller so they wont add to your overall size of things, and many vendors carry it similarly priced to the telescope mod. I too have been searching for a nice rebuild-able, as i have tried a cheaper one and was less then pleased with it. now im not to sure on the lower priced stuff, but i do have a DiD on the way.

DeviantDigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
adasdad
since you already have a twist, why purchase the telescope mod. its a 3.7v mod, unless you run a kick with it. if you truly want a bigger battery i would suggest sticking with a vv mod. the lavatube mini's are smaller so they wont add to your overall size of things, and many vendors carry it similarly priced to the telescope mod. I too have been searching for a nice rebuild-able, as i have tried a cheaper one and was less then pleased with it. now im not to sure on the lower priced stuff, but i do have a DiD on the way.

Thanks for the mod suggestion. The mini Lava Tube maybe a better option over the Telescope. But it does have performance issues with different atomizers. I rarely use any voltage over 4 with my current VV's.

Don't get me wrong, I want to use the Twist. It would save me a lot of money having to buy a new mod. Adding I have $100 spent on them. But if the current RA's size proportions don't look correct with the battery than I'll buy a bigger mod.

If I could just find dimension information of these RA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread