Status
Not open for further replies.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I have some 50pg/50vg green apple that I like, and tried it in the ultramax, and it didn't seem to work very well at all. Is this normal, and should I just stick to a 70/30 split for the RES setup?
Well, when the res was designed I know that they designed it to work with vg based liquids first and foremost so I would think it should work just fine but if your having success with 70-30 then stick with what works ya know?

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Well, when the res was designed I know that they designed it to work with vg based liquids first and foremost so I would think it should work just fine but if your having success with 70-30 then stick with what works ya know?

Yeah I know, but I have a bunch of the 50/50 stuff as I accidentally ordered the wrong mix :facepalm: Oh well, just cut my losses and buy new 70/30 I guess, the flavor is less on the 50/50 anyway.

Motard your atty is getting flood while you drag right ? For thinner liquids drop less and try again.

No, I'm getting almost dry pulls actually, very harsh.

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Yeah, I tried and it still didn't like the thicker juice. It's like it's too thick for the ceramic to wick it down to the weep holes in the RES. I dunno, I took it all apart and gave it a good cleaning and went back to a thinner juice and all is well again. I'll just drip the thick stuff with one of my other PV's I guess. Thank you guys though!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Yes the RES is designed around our Ultrapure liquid which is 100% VG. Very thick stuff. The best way to fill the RES is to drop about 10 drops into your atty. Then gently blow the liquid through your drip tip down into the RES. Ultramax can generally hold about 30-40 drops of liquid. The thicker the liquid the more it can hold. Try that and see if that helps.

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Well after a good thorough cleaning ( I let the RES soak in hot water for about five minutes), and letting it all air dry, I put it all back together this morning and gave it another go by filling through the atomizer as suggested. Same results, either it isn't wicking the juice at all, or something is getting filtered in the wick itself, because it tastes horrible. I can take the same atty and put it on any other device and it's fine, so I know the atty isn't the issue. Oh well, disappointing, but I guess everything has it's limitations.

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Just for testing purposes, I cleaned my ultramini and filled it with the same juice after drying. Same result. Odd thing is, I have two juices from the same vendor in the same mix, everything, one works and one doesn't, and both are fruit flavors. Hmmm, I guess no green apple for me on my morning commute. :D

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
  • Deleted by Slo Ryd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread