The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RES Doesn't Like 50/50 Mix?

Discussion in 'Innovapor' started by WNCmotard, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    I have some 50pg/50vg green apple that I like, and tried it in the ultramax, and it didn't seem to work very well at all. Is this normal, and should I just stick to a 70/30 split for the RES setup?

2. atavanhalen

atavanhalen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well, when the res was designed I know that they designed it to work with vg based liquids first and foremost so I would think it should work just fine but if your having success with 70-30 then stick with what works ya know?

3. Roxxette

Roxxette Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    Motard your atty is getting flood while you drag right ? For thinner liquids drop less and try again.

4. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    Yeah I know, but I have a bunch of the 50/50 stuff as I accidentally ordered the wrong mix :facepalm: Oh well, just cut my losses and buy new 70/30 I guess, the flavor is less on the 50/50 anyway.

No, I'm getting almost dry pulls actually, very harsh.

5. Roxxette

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    Dry pulls hmm strange, drip more liquid and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    Yeah, I tried and it still didn't like the thicker juice. It's like it's too thick for the ceramic to wick it down to the weep holes in the RES. I dunno, I took it all apart and gave it a good cleaning and went back to a thinner juice and all is well again. I'll just drip the thick stuff with one of my other PV's I guess. Thank you guys though!

7. Roxxette

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    thats very weird, these thing works the best with thicker liquids ! are you "painting" the RES or dripping in the atty and blowing down ? if its the last one how many drops ?

8. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    Well, that's very interesting. I actually did this through the atomizer and didn't paint the RES. Maybe I'll try it by painting it on and give that a go? The few pulls I got tasted fantastic, sweet tangerine, nom nom!

9. Slo Ryd

Slo Ryd Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2009
    City of Trees
    Yes the RES is designed around our Ultrapure liquid which is 100% VG. Very thick stuff. The best way to fill the RES is to drop about 10 drops into your atty. Then gently blow the liquid through your drip tip down into the RES. Ultramax can generally hold about 30-40 drops of liquid. The thicker the liquid the more it can hold. Try that and see if that helps.

10. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    Okay, well I washed it out and I'll give it another go and see what happens. I'll report back!

11. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    Well after a good thorough cleaning ( I let the RES soak in hot water for about five minutes), and letting it all air dry, I put it all back together this morning and gave it another go by filling through the atomizer as suggested. Same results, either it isn't wicking the juice at all, or something is getting filtered in the wick itself, because it tastes horrible. I can take the same atty and put it on any other device and it's fine, so I know the atty isn't the issue. Oh well, disappointing, but I guess everything has it's limitations.

12. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    Just for testing purposes, I cleaned my ultramini and filled it with the same juice after drying. Same result. Odd thing is, I have two juices from the same vendor in the same mix, everything, one works and one doesn't, and both are fruit flavors. Hmmm, I guess no green apple for me on my morning commute. :D

13. Roxxette

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    Damm thats a new one lol

14. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    Yeah, at least I know though roxxette. Maybe another brand, or another mix of green apple would be fine, but not this one.

15. Slo Ryd
    This message by Slo Ryd has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Sep 29, 2012.
    Sep 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.