The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Ultramax Owner

Discussion in 'Innovapor' started by WNCmotard, Sep 11, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    I recently purchased a used Ultramax in the FS section here at ECF. It came with the RES system installed, and it's my first mechanical mod. With the exception of the RES holding less than claimed, I'm really liking it so far. I think it's a very clever design with the RES setup, and should serve me well for my daily commute.

[​IMG]

2. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    I'm not a chain vaper, but I filled this thing up over two hours ago before watching a movie. Movie is long done, but the RES is still kickin'

3. Roxxette

Roxxette Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    I have the ultra with the old RES ceramic and it holds around 15 drops, if i use thick liquids i can drop 20 without it flooding while i take drags.

4. Roxxette

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    Dont think of the RES as a tank :) but it does hold liquid and its the best setup for a dripper.

5. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    Thanks Roxxette. I filled it and took it to work for my hour commute today, and at one point, I thought yep that's it, I'm out. I gave it three pulls without firing the atty as they recommend, and back to vaping bliss. Lasted all the way to work, I love this thing!!

6. Roxxette

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    Glad you like it, some people hated the switch wich i personally like it a lot and other just didnt have luck working with the RES :) like i say dont think of it like a tank and if you go out with it regulary its a good idea to buy the small 10mls or smaller bottles that way you always can drip and fill and of course zero liquid mess.

7. sashwa

sashwa ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    Alcatraz
    WNC, I'm glad you are enjoying it and that it's getting some love again.

FYI - I donated this one to help with the moorea cancer fund. I used it for over an year without any problem and liked it. Thank you for helping.

8. Slo Ryd

Slo Ryd Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2009
    City of Trees
    Glad to hear you are liking it. Like others said, it's not really a tank as more of an oversized cartridge. It works very well for overfilling attys. Keep us posted on how it keeps performing for you!

9. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    Glad to be able to help sashwa, and it's definitely getting loved. My Provari on the other hand is feeling slightly neglected. :D

I will for sure. Please keep me updated on when you guys will have parts back in stock as well.

10. TheSneakerHoarder

TheSneakerHoarder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    DFW
    Get a HR AVA and use stacked batteries for 6v....HEAVEN!!!!

11. WNCmotard

Aug 25, 2012
    Western NC
    Hmmmm, I just noticed the same juice, through the same atty, at the same voltage tastes different vaped through the ceramic wick vs. straight dripping on another all mech device....interesting.

What is it about high voltage that makes it so great? Excuse the silly question, but I'm still pretty new to all of this, and seriously don't know.

12. Slo Ryd

Slo Ryd Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2009
    City of Trees
    High voltage generally gives you plumes more vapor and a slightly enhanced flavor. You will also go through a lot more liquid though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.