Resetting the meter :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broodwich

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Charleston, SC
Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon for a while after I moved. Bought my first house, did a horrible job of packing, and was completely clueless as to how much stuff I would have to do! I have finally settled down and reset my signature banner. 8 months of hard work down the tubes. These are all horrible excuses though, cuz I could have just bought some ego's, but I didn't so here I am starting all over.

But I think it will be ok, because I do not want to be a smoker, and feel pretty crappy about myself for falling off the wagon. I'm going to have to go through the cravings all over again now, grrrr!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
What they all said. See my sig? I'm afraid to restart my counter because I've fallen off TWICE, and each time I put the smokes down, I started the counter fresh. I still consider myself essentially quit for all that time, because my relapse each time was less than 3 weeks. Still, I'm waiting to hit 53 days smoke free (the length of my last quit) before I change my counter again. Less than 10 days to go...

The main thing is getting back on and doing your best to stay there.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
My wife and I moved into a house 3 months ago. We had to unmove our couch over a 2nd floor apartment balcony using a ladder and climbing rope, then took 2 hours to open the bay window of a 120 year old victorian using a military shovel. It was the only opening in the house that the couch would fit through. That's just a taste of the move and we still have boxes that are unpacked.

It's best to do it like a band aid. Pick a few days that are nothing but unpacking. Get caffeine'd out and go crazy, or that's kinda what we did.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon for a while after I moved. Bought my first house, did a horrible job of packing, and was completely clueless as to how much stuff I would have to do! I have finally settled down and reset my signature banner. 8 months of hard work down the tubes. These are all horrible excuses though, cuz I could have just bought some ego's, but I didn't so here I am starting all over.

But I think it will be ok, because I do not want to be a smoker, and feel pretty crappy about myself for falling off the wagon. I'm going to have to go through the cravings all over again now, grrrr!

Hi Broodwich-welcome back

don't beat yourself up too much, you have a great advantage most beginners do not have,
you understand vaping and the learning curve will be qwik !

just go thru the motions and before you know it, burning paper tobacco will be YUK :ohmy:

good luck
:)

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!

You are being FAR too hard on yourself and those 8 months aren't "down the drain". Your lungs healed a bit in that time and you can get right back on the wagon, you know it. Forgive yourself and move on.

If you had cravings the last time, perhaps your nic level wasn't quite high enough. Maybe boost it by a couple mgs to see if that doesn't chase them away.

The most important thing is that you refuse to beat yourself up about it. Moving absolutely SUCKS under any circumstances and if it doesn't go smoothly, well, we can all be forgiven for not being perfect saints...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread