Not open for further replies.

RiverRat1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Arizona
Company name
IBTanked​
Date of your initial complaint to the supplier.
4 March 2013​
How did you contact the supplier
Website ticket system​
Ticket number (if you were issued one)
-​
General nature of complaint
Defective or wrong product​
Briefly describe your problem or issue
I received a pyrex standard size clear tank on 3/4/13. I ordered 3 items and all 3 were errors. I ordered from them based on reviews posted here on ECF. I was excited because it was my first pyrex tank and I could finally use the juices that I ordered just for it(I love Licorice). I assembled the tank and went to install the carto when I noticed they sent me an XL carto with the Standard size tank. Some people may like their carto sticking 3/4" out of their tank but not me, but really no big deal. I took out a Boge std carto I had primed it, stuck the tool in it, after lubricatiing it inserted it into tank. Only filled tank 1/2 way and proceded to complete it. That's where everything went bad. It was very hard to pass the tool/w carto through the top and with the slightest pressure the top would pop off (tip and carto was well lubed). I kept pushing it back on holding both ends tightly, still the bottom starts sliding off. This is not my 1sy tank, I've been vaping a year and have many tanks, just my first from this vendor. Made a big mess but after much aggravation got it to stay together. I went to put the new pretty red 510 tip I ordered with the tank and it wont go all the way in the carto. The o-ring would just bulge out of the carto. Even setup with a diferent tip the caps would slip off with the slightest movement (yes I even let it set for a few hours).That night I went to ibtanked.com and contacted them and received auto response email. I was very polite and complimented them on thier reviews. I told them if it was only the carto they could've sent me a std size in a couple weeks when I ordered another tank but this tank is unusable. I changed the o-rings and got one end stable but the top still leaked a little when laid on it's side. I waited a week. Nothing not even an apology. A week (3/10/13) later I tried to use it again and top pops off and makes a mess again (I'm wasting a lot of juice). I was angry and sent them another message, this one not as nice, maybe too nasty, but I've been patient and it was 8:30 am (Sunday) and coffee isn't made yet. Later that day (4:30pm) I felt bad about my manners, they treated me badly doesn't mean I should treat them badly so I sent a message to apologize but let them know I'm very unhappy with them ignoring me. Needless to say it's now 3/17/13 and I haven't heard a word from them. It makes me think of my Grandmothers advise "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see". Be careful with reveiews and recomendations you see online. You don't know if it's a friend or relative of the people selling the product or not.​

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
RiverRat, please PM me your order number and I will have a look at it. Please list out each issue/product so we can determine the best course to rectify all the problems you are having.

We have had some trouble in keeping up on our support system and I apologize for this as no questions should not get a response. I would like to point out that while it is not the case here but sometimes email is undeliverable or goes into a spam folder where it is missed. Unfortunately your questions did not get a response sent out on and I am very sorry about that. Our phone number is on the same page as the contact form so if you do not get a response through email which is the best way to create a paper trail that is more likely to be followed we are only a phone call away. We also have a thread here on ECF in the supplier forum that I monitor on a regular basis.

I believe I have identified the order in question here as it had a red drip tip and a standard sized tank with it. A PM to me with an order number will verify this and we will get you taken care of. I do want to point out though on the problems you are having with the installation of the carto in the tank this is a tricky thing, it takes just a little practice to get this down and once you have it there should be no problems at all. Here are a few tips.

Start by installing a carto into an empty tank to get a feel for it.
Lube the orings using a little eliquid.
Use the carto tool or a drip tip that is the same diameter as the carto.
Always back up the cap on the end opposite of the direction you are pushing the carto from.

You dont want to hold the glass tank part while installing or removing the carto as this will certainly push the cap out. Whether you are putting a carto in or lowering it only one cap can possibly push out as the other is only seating tighter going that direction. By supporting the cap that can push out rather than the tank itself you will never push a cap out at an inopportune moment.

The refilling tool that we send with our tanks is a little finicky at times. it needs to be in a straight line with the carto to do its job and its easy to push it off a little if you are not paying attention to this. If it gets tilted off the straight line it can expose the sharp edge of the carto causing it to catch on the oring and this will prevent the carto from sliding through. It takes a little practice for some but it does work very well and is very inexpensive which is why we include it with our complete tanks and offer it in our drip tips section for the mere sum of $2.50

We very much want you to be happy with your purchase and if we cannot make that happen we are happy to refund you for your purchase.

Again sorry about the no response on the contact form. We are working on that and it is sometimes a huge battle here like this morning :)

RiverRat1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Arizona
Thanks, but 3 messages thru your contact link all missing? I feel sorry for you there must be a lot of prople mad for no responses. Like I said I have a lot of experience with tanks, carto's and even drip tips. I have a few carto tools (Slap Yo Momma is my favorite), yours is nice too. My new 505 Tank and Triple V Tank aren't having the same problems (both are pyrex). I don't hold grudges but don't expect a hug. Yet.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I wasnt making excuses and apologized for the lack of response. As I told you we are trying to get better at it but sometimes things happen that are beyond my direct control. As noted above in this particular instance your messages never got a response, I try all I can to impress upon my Daughter how important this is and I am trying to set up another computer to handle the support so it is not all on her and we have more eyes on it.

I am with you 100% in that any customer issues should be addressed in a timely manner. This is why I feel terrible about you having troubles and not getting any response.

Hopefully we can get this fixed to your satisfaction quickly but if not as I also noted above we would be happy to issue a refund.

RiverRat1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Arizona
Just takes a little communication to turn a mountain into a mole hill. OCD proved up to his reputation after a little homemade fixins tank and tip work like a charm. He offered me a new tank and tip but I wasn't looking for free merchandise I was just having a problem I wanted a response to. I asked him to replace the two outer two outer o-rings I used and to please send me a couple Thingies (I like to play with my Thingies) which I asked him to charge me for. Tonight I got home from work to find a package in my mailbox with not 2 outer 0-rings but 2 complete sets of o-rings (not expensive at his prices, but like our whole ex-problem "it's the thought that counts). Also I got my Thingies and a beautiful lg. stainless steel vase tip. No bill (really wasn't neccesary OCD, I would've been happy to pay for it), and no shipping. The tip looks great on my IBTanked pyrex tank I'm vaping with right now. Thanks OCD you've more than satisfied me.
:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread