Response from the FDA in regards to my email to them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
1984? Yeah right man! That's a typo. Orwell is here now. He's Livin' large. We have no names man, no names. We are nameless!

Somehow I feel that quote from "Hackers" is extremely appropriate...
Also what the FDA is up to is def doubleplus ungood... I'd like to see a "March for Ecigs" where like...everyone got together and marched on the FDA's headquarters with packets containing all the studies done. Add in a little news coverage and you've got yourself an effective protest.

PapaBloog

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
Fontana, CA
If they ever do ban e-cigs, I want to sue the FDA for MAKING me SMOKE! I'd encourage all of us to join together in that event and drop a huge law suit on their @$$e$. The FDA is giving me cancer! *cough* *cough*

Now there's an idea worth looking into. Seriously - we have 50k users or so on ECF - a class action law suit could potentially set a precedent. I'm going to seriously look into this. Way to go!

mpkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2009
Town of Stark, NY
It blows my mind that the FDA approves drugs that approve "heart attack, stroke, and death" as an acceptable side effect for drugs that control psoriasis and asthma etc. However, they quickly come up with BS reasons like inconsistent nicotine levels or a single known carcinogen (which is also found in countless food products and cigarettes) in a few samples of juice. My favorite excuse is "these products might be sold to minors." Yes, an obvious concern over drugs, alcohol, and umm -ooohhhh yeah- cigarettes (almost forgot those). :-x

By reducing our risk of cancer and a myriad of other health issues we're cutting into the FDA's kick backs from pharma. By quitting analogs we're cutting into their tobacco companies income. It all really irritates me to no end.

If ecigs are outlawed, outlaws will be the only ones vaping. :vapor:

:2c:

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
I think a lawsuit could be made on behalf of the entire FDA group. Their main "concern" is our health and safety, however they are legalizing prescription drugs that have SERIOUS and FATAL side-effects. Most prescription drugs haven't been fully tested and evaluated. I think there can be a lawsuit against this simply because if they do the testing, and these drugs are still killing people, that means this could be work of back-door administrations. Basically, for every law-firm backing up seriously injured or dead users of [insert prescription drug here], that is also a case that could be used against the FDA, not the drug company itself.

As for e-cigarettes, another lawsuit can be made specifically, in terms of being against smoking cigarettes. They should not legally add chemicals for "fire-safe" cigarettes that are potentially BUT NOT FULLY STUDIED, and ban a product that has also not been FULLY STUDIED. Also, as a US citizen, I have a right to smoke the e-cigarette, as long as alcohol, tobacco, and prescription drugs are available with all potential risks (that have at least been found) known. Not one vendor that I purchase from claims that this WILL stop a smoker from lighting up, and they also have 18+ warnings. This product, like many out there, could have potential risks, and I understand this AND I AM WILLING TO TAKE THIS RISK. It's MY choice to cross a bridge that is falling apart, so I should be able to cross the vaping bridge that is NOT falling apart.

My favorite excuse is "these products might be sold to minors."

I've gotten LAUGHED at my teen smokers for using an e-cigarette. They're obviously not interested.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
Point well made and it echos my sentiments exactly!
I think a spring march on Washington and the FDA would be a very effective way to get our points and the truth about ecigs across, thanks Israfil!
C.B.
:evil:

I think a lawsuit could be made on behalf of the entire FDA group. Their main "concern" is our health and safety, however they are legalizing prescription drugs that have SERIOUS and FATAL side-effects. Most prescription drugs haven't been fully tested and evaluated. I think there can be a lawsuit against this simply because if they do the testing, and these drugs are still killing people, that means this could be work of back-door administrations. Basically, for every law-firm backing up seriously injured or dead users of [insert prescription drug here], that is also a case that could be used against the FDA, not the drug company itself.

As for e-cigarettes, another lawsuit can be made specifically, in terms of being against smoking cigarettes. They should not legally add chemicals for "fire-safe" cigarettes that are potentially BUT NOT FULLY STUDIED, and ban a product that has also not been FULLY STUDIED. Also, as a US citizen, I have a right to smoke the e-cigarette, as long as alcohol, tobacco, and prescription drugs are available with all potential risks (that have at least been found) known. Not one vendor that I purchase from claims that this WILL stop a smoker from lighting up, and they also have 18+ warnings. This product, like many out there, could have potential risks, and I understand this AND I AM WILLING TO TAKE THIS RISK. It's MY choice to cross a bridge that is falling apart, so I should be able to cross the vaping bridge that is NOT falling apart.

I've gotten LAUGHED at my teen smokers for using an e-cigarette. They're obviously not interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread