reusing disposable ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewsterfrank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
bought a disposable ecig at the drug store the other day (forgot my box at the house) and needed something in a pinch. it was $7 but was all one piece. the atty was built inside the tube. well the charge only lasted long enough the empty one of the two carts. so it was dead and the was an excellent atty on it, so i decided to take it apart. everything in it looked like it came out of an ordinary 510 penstyle.

first i took the atty and added a 510 connector and tube from an old carto, the tube was a little long, but after getting all together it made a perfect atty for dripping.

second the battery had the same #'s as the one i pulled out of a dead joye 510. after charging it (with the wires taped to the charger) it had 4.02v so i have i battery i can do something with. maybe a homemade penstyle.

third the automatic switch that i might try to do something wit hit but dont care for the auto switch.

just thought i wound share and see if anyone has salvaged the atty's from the disposables before. i just could see throwing away an atty that works as good as this one does.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'd be careful about recharging the battery -- make sure that it is really a secondary (rechargeable) vs. a primary cell. From BAJ Website | Do not recharge lithium primary batteries "Recharging these batteries may result in serious accidents, including batteries becoming dangerously hot, catching fire, exploding or leaking.

These non-rechargeable primary batteries (disposable batteries) have warnings written on their packages or on the batteries themselves that say "Non-rechargeable" or "Do not charge," so please check for these warnings and never attempt to recharge these batteries. "

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I'd be careful about recharging the battery -- make sure that it is really a secondary (rechargeable) vs. a primary cell. From BAJ Website | Do not recharge lithium primary batteries "Recharging these batteries may result in serious accidents, including batteries becoming dangerously hot, catching fire, exploding or leaking.

These non-rechargeable primary batteries (disposable batteries) have warnings written on their packages or on the batteries themselves that say "Non-rechargeable" or "Do not charge," so please check for these warnings and never attempt to recharge these batteries. "

FWW,
I have been given these as testors and my wife loved the compactability of these. That being said I have been recharging the 6 I was given on a rotating basis for about 6 months now. I used a charging board from a Duracell lit-ion power pack. Since the battery was not protected, the charging protection circuit is on the Duracell board. I have recharged and refilled these about 15 time each, red light charging, green light done. That is not to say that the 16th time it would explode, but these look just like the batteries in the 901 when you dissasemble them. I just used some micro clips from RS and clipped direct to the pos and neg terminal of the batt. I only pull the atty housing up far enough to clamp onto the center part to wiggle the battery out. After the recharge, I reassemble and refill the cart and and it is good to go until it dies again.
Have not have a problem yet and I have been given different versions of the disposible units with the same result.
So long as the charger has a protection circuit on it I do not see a problem. I actually considered soldering on a connection point at the tip so I could just drop it in a recharging cup and let it charge with out dissasembly. But have been busy with other thing LOL.
I do not NOT leave these unattended when recharging.
Just my 2 cents.
Dan

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I bought a disposable quite a while back. It turned out to be a 306 and the atty fit on my 510 devices. I only paid $10 for it so it worked out pretty good. I've still got the atty.

Mine came with a usb charger. I recharged it a few times but found it didn't hit hard enough for me so I quit using the battery. I pulled it out and it's still in working order.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
this is the one i bought. the atty is built in and there is no connector, it is wired straight to the switch. so as a right out of the pack kit it is unable to be recharged.

DEC Menthol

Ahhhh.... This is the type I have, it is a cartomizer with a center ring and end that light up:
IMG_0465.jpg
I dissasemble and charge as so:
IMG_0466.jpg
Hope that helps for future purchases.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread