Reusing MVP 3.0 parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasteredGutts

Moved On
Jun 21, 2018
Hey guys. Just recently got back into vaping and I have an old mvp3.0 that won't fire anymore due to the battery. It still powers on and all that, it just gives me an message saying the battery isn't safe. I was wondering if it's possible to actually reuse the chip in it to create a custom mod, or even just possible to take the old battery out and solder in a battery tray in its place and use 18650's?
Honestly, I've never done anything custom, and would like to have this as my first project if possible, besides the battery wraps that I have coming in tomorrow.. Which I can't wait to customize.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Hey guys. Just recently got back into vaping and I have an old mvp3.0 that won't fire anymore due to the battery. It still powers on and all that, it just gives me an message saying the battery isn't safe. I was wondering if it's possible to actually reuse the chip in it to create a custom mod, or even just possible to take the old battery out and solder in a battery tray in its place and use 18650's?
Honestly, I've never done anything custom, and would like to have this as my first project if possible, besides the battery wraps that I have coming in tomorrow.. Which I can't wait to customize.

Depending on how the board is mounted you could get a B enclosure and cut the holes for your display, buttons and 510 and put an 18650 sled in it.

I build custom mods but I buy the NLPWM board and I buy the enclosure with the holes already cut for the display, actuators, fire button and 510. I’ve played with some cutting holes in enclosures for different boards but you have to get them just right. Then you have to see how the board is mounted in the mod it’s in now and use the board mount if it would work for the new mod. It’s all about playing around with it and finding what works. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread