The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New info on the upcoming Innokin MVP 3.0!!!

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Garemlin, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    It's stated clearly on their website:

iTaste MVP V3.0

"Battery: Built-in 3800 mAh polymer Li-Ion rechargeable battery."

2. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Damn, Innokin does it again.

I go from excitement to annoyance with that charging cable.

Curses, pbusardo, curses.

3. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Ditto.

And yes, that was Phil's idea... :facepalm:

4. balld

balld Full Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Ireland
    the whole thing is too big and bulky,
    Not for me -

5. eddiea

eddiea Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2014
    Laguna Niguel, CA USA
    This is certainly a nice upgrade to the previous v2 and I'm sure it's a fine mod but 'tis indeed a bit too big for my preference now. My MVP v2 still works fine and will serve as my backup to my new Cloupor Mini.

6. flippant

flippant Full Member

Dec 14, 2014
    An Island
    I'm torn.
    I like the size of the previous mvps just fine but they're riiiiight at the edge of being a little big for my tastes, and here's the mvp3 and, wouldn't you know it, it's just enough larger to really be turning me off. :/
    But...
    3800mah is a big upgrade for that much added space.

But that cable is really silly.
    But the screen is nice.
    And it would be good looking ...if it wasn't so big.
    butbutbutARGH

7. VapieDan

VapieDan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I guess they did not learn from the VTR

8. vincom

vincom Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    bolton, ontario,canada
    they forget that there are chain vapers that need good bat life but have small hands, purse or pockets.
    to inokin "keep it simple....... stupid" and get rid of the cable

9. balld

balld Full Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Ireland
    slightly off topic but I want to ask here
    I so happy with my mvp2 and was really looking forward to buying the version 3
    I recently purchased an SVD2.0 and some nautilus tanks (1 mini and 1 regular) - I didnt like the tanks at all and sold them to someone else.
    My plan was to buy the mvp3 using some of this cash.

Now I have decided to get the subtank nano or mini but am i right in thinking the svd2.0 isnt going to be powerful enough for the subtanks - Ill need to sell my svd to get some cash for a new mod or will the svd do it?

10. yooperdad

yooperdad Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2014
    Marquette, MI
  11. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'd guess it would be fine unless you want to get really high on the power. It's rated 0.5 - 3 Ω, 5 - 20 watts. Of course, if you want to go over 20, no, won't do it.

12. Capt.shay

Capt.shay Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    Indeed it is :)

13. jbarrick

jbarrick Moved On

May 24, 2014
    Alabama
    What happen to the Evolv DNA 30 MVP 3 ??

:confused::confused::confused:

14. FCastle

FCastle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    Has anyone found any US vendors that actually list a price yet? Only found a couple UK sites taking preorders at the equivalent of $70-$80.

15. ObsceneJesster

ObsceneJesster Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    Baltimore
    I love the look of the new MVP. Especially the blue one. However, this device is a let down for me.

-The built in cable is a joke!!! What was Big P thinking.

- Too large for a 30 watt device.

If I were to design this, I guarantee it would sell better than any other MVP model. Here's what I think would have made the new MVP a homerun.

-It should have been made to the same dimensions as the MVP 2.0 while upgrading to the larger battery. Don't tell me it can't be done because it can be done with phones.

-It would be okay in it's current size had they included a 100 watt chip.

- For god sakes, get rid of the fricken cable.

16. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Probably would have made the height same as the 20w or 2.0.

I wouldn't mind a fatter body if the battery was to blame.

BTW- I'm starting to feel some of these reviewers are becoming paid actors... iStick...cough.

17. eddiea

eddiea Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2014
    Laguna Niguel, CA USA
  18. FCastle

FCastle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    It's not just a matter of can a high capacity battery be made that small, it's also a matter of can it be made that small to fit in the mod while staying at an inexpensive price point. The iStick with the closest battery capacity, the 50w, isn't really that much smaller than the MVP3.0. And even with expensive cell phones only large 5"-6" screen models have 2500-3200 mAh batteries. We're talking about a $60-$80 mod with a 3800 mAh battery.

I've never used my 2.0 to charge anything, but it is a feature that could come in handy. But you need the cord to use it, and how many people actually carried the cord around regularly? Obviously it's not a feature you need to use if you don't want to, and realistically the cord doesn't really make much of a difference in size. Even with slightly less height it would still be a largish device compared to many of the competing 30w-50w devices.

19. KTMRider

KTMRider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2014
    NJ

Phone batteries aren't capable of high amp discharge. The technology isn't quite there yet for mass distribution at a reasonable cost.

Anyone that needs more than 30w is in the 1 percentile of vapers. They're not going for that market so if you think you need more than 30w, there are other devices for you. Going to 100w would just be silly.

I agree, get rid of that stupid cable.

20. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Once the prices hit the $60.00 and $70.00 range i lose interest in anything with a built in battery , to me if paying that i want a replaceable battery model . Built in battery devices are worth around $40.00 tops to me and i never cared about anything over 20 watts because i never vape over that even with my RDA's .

I like the capability of being able to charge other devices and a short cord is no big deal to me to be able to do that. I have a few that are only a few inches long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.