Reviews from ECF members

Status
Not open for further replies.

simply me

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
california
I have had my SS Vtube since May and I love it more everyday. The button is easy to use, and I love the different volts I get. It works fantastic. It's always with me. If your looking for a VV Mod look no futher, this is it. Some say noobies should wait on these, but I wish I had one of these when I started.

I also won in the Apollo contest that is going on a sample pack of e-liquid. There liquid is really good and impressed with the strenght of the flavor. Lots of it.

Mallboro is very good, not overly sweet. It has a different taste to it, a different tobacco flavor and its good.

Ry4 is also not overly sweet. Nice smooth flavor again a different flavor then most I have tried. Yummy. Addicting.

Sahara, It is my favorite This is a tobacco flavor for sure. A small touch of ashyness, very smooth, touch of sweet and I am hooked on this, will be buying a bottle of this very soon.

Clover, This really suprised me. I don't like clover and I have tried a few. Every time it would blow out my taste buds. I sat this one a side and wasn't going to try it. But i grabed it by mistake. I new it when I took a puff. Wow, I loved it. It is really smooth not over powering. Didn't numb me up. The best clover flavor I ever had. Sure suprised me. I will be getting a bottle of this.

Coffee, I never liked coffee juice and I really don't like this either. I think it's because I drink coffee all day long. But it really does taste like coffee. Not bitter but very smooth. If you like coffee flavors I would highly recommend this one.

So I will be buying 4 out of 5 flavors. I just can't say enough about Apollo, there a great vendor and one that I can trust. Very important to me. I have also bought from them the DCT and refills, clearomizers and all works great. I wouldn't wear there banner if I didn't repect them as a vendor.

Last edited:

Bad Wolf

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Granite City, IL
Review of Apollo VTube Kit - Regular - Chrome

Also wanted to show how fast I received my Vtube as well.
order on June 15, 2012 15:10:00 94549 Electronic Notification
received June 18, 2012 14:04:00 GRANITE CITY, IL 62040 DELIVERED

After reading reviews and taking advice from a few ECF'ers I took plunge and order from Apollo.
Apollo has a nice price for their chrome v tube kit. Once I received my kit I charge the battery with the supplied charger once charge I put another battery in to charge for rotation, that way I will not be without a charge battery. I put the battery in kick up the voltage and played around till I found my sweet spot and I was in heaven. Nice and consistent voltage throughout battery life, I usually change batteries once they hit 3.5-3.6ish. After a month plus the v tube is still performing as the day I bought it. The chrome finish may be a finger print magnet but I still love the look of it and the feel of it. I do take this v tube with me everywhere and the finish only has a very few wear marks on it, so you will not be disappointed if you are like me and take your pv everywhere you go.

videodave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Orlando, Florida, US
I have been vaping for over a year now and have moved up to variable voltage devices, tanks and atomizer dripping at times. After 40 years of two packs of analogs a day this is a great thing.
A very good, old friend of mine and I Skype at least a couple of times a month to keep up. Well, while she is smoking, I am vaping. She showed interest in what I was doing and I explained the whole ecig process to her.
What great timing!! I won an Apollo Standard Starter Kit from Apollo's contest thread here on ECF.
I received the kit within two days of registering on Apollo's website and it blew me away. The Charging case is absolutely beautiful with a durable, soft rubber feel. The "fit and finish" are perfect. The two batteries fit the case perfectly and the buttons are "clicky" as one would expect from a much more expensive device. The cartos have a good variety for a newbi to decide what they like.
Well I was very impressed with this kit and wish I had something like this when I started vaping. I shipped the kit to my friend today and I'm sure she will love it. I will report back and edit this post when she has had a chance to try it out. But I am sure the next time we Skype we will both be vaping! Thank you, Apollo!
-videodave

Last edited:

kritter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
western north carolina
Well, here's my take on a 30ml bottle of juice I won in tha contest. I chose french vanilla, first time i've tried fv and didn't know whut to expect. Has lots of flavor and a juice I couldn't vape all day but one ya my wanna try after dinner or supper and then even try mixing with some of yer fave other juices. Really makes some good concoctions, try it! Now ifn I could jest win one of them thar vtubes!!

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
I would like to tell you about the most incredible VV. I won this Apollo VTube Kit, and I am in love. I have literally only put it down to eat, sleep, and bathe. LOL It is sleek, beautiful, hefty (which is nice) and total 100% class. I have never owned a VV device before and I am totally blown away by the incredible beauty, detail and workmanship that has obviously been put into this work of art.

I will post some different photos a little later on, but here are a few until I can add them and more about why I loves this PV!

Here are the new pictures of the beauty. :) the older ones at still at the bottom.

1a.jpg

2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

4a.jpg

7-2.jpg

9-2.jpg

010.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Apollo VTube Kit

vtube2.jpg

vtube4.jpg

Last edited:

MissBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2012
NJ
I started with disposables from a gas station and decided that I had enough of smoking analogs. After reading through recommendations here on ECF I decided to order the V-Tube Kit from Apollo. I got a great discount on the kit, so I also purchased some liquids and a tank to go with my new attempt at quitting cigarettes. My shipping was super fast 2-3 days, and customer service was awesome. I had a small issue with the manual fire button not firing every once in a while, so I contacted customer service by chat and had my return slip emailed immediately. I sent it back for an exchange, and provided customer service with a tracking number. That day, after receiving my tracking number, my replacement V-Tube was shipped out! I could not be happier with the prompt attention and service I have received from Apollo.

Oh, I also won a new tank in the contest, that was shipped to me when I placed another order for supplies.
Thank you Apollo.

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
Last week I purchased a black standard VTube kit that Ashley helped me with. I bought it as a gift for someone. It arrived in the mail much faster than I expected. The condition was perfect. Great packing.

Since this was a gift I didnt want to play with it. Too much. But I couldnt resist. I inserted the battery and screwed on my own ce2 and took it for a test vape. I was amazed how nice the draw was. I played with the voltage setting was quick and easy and found myself enjoying the vape right at 4.2v

I fell in love with the trigger button as its large and solid feeling under my thumb. After 45 minutes realized what I had to do. Box this one back up after wiping it down and order myself one.

When I thought about everything in the kit it struck me as a great deal and everything someone would need. After trying it I realized it offered so much more. A great vaping experience and smooth operation!

Needless to say I now have a silver vtube arriving Monday I expect.

Thanks Apollo and Ashley!

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
I would like to tell you about the most incredible VV. I won this Apollo VTube Kit, and I am in love. I have literally only put it down to eat, sleep, and bathe. LOL It is sleek, beautiful, hefty (which is nice) and total 100% class. I have never owned a VV device before and I am totally blown away by the incredible beauty, detail and workmanship that has obviously been put into this work of art.

I will post some different photos a little later on, but here are a few until I can add them and more about why I loves this PV!

Apollo VTube Kit

vtube2.jpg

vtube4.jpg

Wow! Isn't she a beauty :)

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
I gotta admit. I love my pretty red vtube from Apollo and vape all day with it. But I ordered the Tgo kit for an out and about device and I really, really like it. As a matter of fact, I have used it more than the vtube since I got it yesterday! Love, love, love the portability! I just juiced up a couple tips, charged up the batteries and am set for a day of errands! No need to carry along a bunch of supplies.....these two last all day! Now if I were still tied to a desk all day, IDK if I would need a little more juice.....but even if I did, the tips are a lot easier to carry along than bottles of juice! Great product Apollo....and LOL....I like those blue lights on the bottom too!

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Okay, I've had my VTube for just over a week now and it's time to review it.

Since this turned out to be a bit of a longer review than I thought it would be, I will go ahead and post my rating at the top as well as the bottom. I'm saying 8.5 out of 10

Let's start with Apollo. Their customer service is great. While I haven't had to contact the company direct regarding anything, they maintain a strong presence on ECF now and sunny responds fairly quickly to anything brought up in the thread. Of course running big prize contests doesn't hurt.

I had been looking at the VTube for some time as a nice mid-level APV and would have been purchasing one soon; however, I won my VTube in the 2nd running of their big contest, so in the end I didn't have to purchase one. However, I won't let that cloud my review.

Packaging is quite nice. Everything fit into a smaller mailer than I would have imagined, but that happens a lot in the PV/APV world it seems.

What the website says you get:

• 1 variable-voltage Regular (5 inches) or Mini VTube (3.75 inches)
  • 1 black Apollo leather carry case
  • 1 High capacity 18650 rechargeable battery for the Regular VTube
  • 1 Battery charger
  • 1 Drip tip
  • 1 3.0-ohm high resistance 510 atomizer

What I got:

• 1 variable-voltage Regular (5 inches) or Mini VTube (3.75 inches)
  • 1 black Apollo leather carry case
  • 1 High capacity 18650 rechargeable battery for the Regular VTube
  • 1 Battery charger
  • 1 Drip tip
  • 2 3.0-ohm high resistance 510 atomizer

(I did delete some extra text regarding the mini since this review is on the standard, as well as the extra text after the atomizer, just because it wasn't beneficial to the review)
IMG_0290.jpg

So there was no drip tip, but 2 atomizers. Okay they look the same in the baggie, so no big deal. I have plenty of drip tips lying around, but if it had been the other way around; I can see where someone would be upset here.

Now let's move onto the device itself. It's the black one, so the body is made of aluminum. It has a very sturdy feel to it and I would imagine it could handle drops and falls pretty well. I won't intentionally subject mine to this, but based on how it feels. I'm reminded of Maglite brand flashlights when I hold it. The end caps are plastic covered, but at least for the bottom cap, it is plastic over aluminum so it is pretty solid. The black paint has a bit of a texture to it. Nothing grippy, but it's not totally glossy either. I like it in that aspect. The 510 connector appears to be I guess brass? Like almost every other 510 APV I've seen. It feels solid when I screw any 510 accessory into it, though once screwed in, it does appear mine is off center just a little. There's a slight angle to it. However, this doesn't affect the use of it at all, so I'm not too worried.

The fire button is very solid with a resounding click when pressed. The device has 3 smaller buttons that control power on/off, volts up, and volts down. These buttons have been discussed on here in the main Apollo thread and I feel could have been better done. They are loose inside the housing. They extend out and rattle when the device is moved around. The only time they are truly flush is when it is laying on its side with the buttons on top. Trivial to some I am sure and not a true deal breaker for me, but still something that could have been engineered a little better I think.

I have the standard sized VTube, so the battery that came with it is an 18650. This is your fairly standard battery that it seems most vendors include in kits. It's an IMR 18650 3.7v 1600mAh. I have found that with using my VTube at home in the evenings chain vaping on it, I get at least 2 to 2.5 nights worth of use out of it before it needs to be recharged. I purchased a 2nd 18650 locally so I don't have to worry about not having use of the device during battery charging.

Battery is easy to change, just unscrew the bottom end cap and swap out. I haven't tested it myself, but I believe this device has a polarity checker to make sure you don't put the battery in backwards.

The charger included is very simple and basic, but gets the job done. Outputs 4.2v at 600mAh.

The included instruction manual covers almost everything you need to know about the device and appears to have been initially written in English, not auto translated from another language like so many others. This is a very nice plus I feel, although there are a couple of small grammatical and punctuation errors in it. Trivial maybe, but still they stand out. I do have 2 major issues with the manual though. On the page discussing battery charging, it states that includes is "1x Battery charging station." "2 x 3.7v 18650 Lithium ion batteries and appropriate power cables." The website does state there is only 1 battery in the kit, but to have a manual that shows differently is a bit of a negative I think. Reading on the ECF I have learned that the device has a built in volt meter. If you click the red power button 7 times, the LCD will display the power left in the battery. Nowhere in the manual is this feature listed.

Okay, this is getting long and I will wrap it up now.

The overall picture is that this is a great device for the price point Apollo is selling it at. The overall construction is very solid with just a few minor things as I noted. This is a device I would have been very happy with if I had purchased it, and I will recommend it to others looking for a good mid-level APV device.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'll give it a solid 8.5.

Now for some pretty pictures :)

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

williegntx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
Central Texas
Yes I liked it. It reminds me of Boba's, but isn't Boba's. Boba's has a sweetness to it that I like, but I'm sure Sahara has some of the same flavors or base. It shares something with it.

Taste is subjective as we all know.

Wow, reminds you of Boba's...I've got to try this. Bobas is one of my favorites. I have other juices from Apollo and have not been disappointed with any of them. My favorite is Mango Peach. Now if they have any that taste like Gorilla Juice I'm in for that, too. Thanks for the heads up! :)

williegntx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
Central Texas
I've had several dealings with Apollo and they ALL have been positive. I have purchased 2 VTubes from Apollo one Red (for Wifey) and one Silver (for a V-Vert...he has both of those now - he wanted a backup, in case...). Had a minor issue with the Red one initially and Apollo replaced it to my total satisfaction. Their Customer Service is above reproach! All the ejuice and other incidentals I've purchased and the e-cigar I won in the drawing are Top Shelf! I have two SS VTubes that were purchased from the Classys for a price I dare not mention...I can't imagine anything on the market that can out perform these, all things considered, YMMV. Anyone looking for an outstanding VV device will be hard pressed to find a more economical solution.

If their price was not already reasonable enough...if they are not sold out yet...use code 'vtube30' to get 30% off! Add to that, a One Year warranty, excellent Customer Service and a one stop shopping solution...it's a no brainier!
:vapor:
:toast:

MissBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2012
NJ
I've had several dealings with Apollo and they ALL have been positive. I have purchased 2 VTubes from Apollo one Red (for Wifey) and one Silver (for a V-Vert...he has both of those now - he wanted a backup, in case...). Had a minor issue with the Red one initially and Apollo replaced it to my total satisfaction. Their Customer Service is above reproach! All the ejuice and other incidentals I've purchased and the e-cigar I won in the drawing are Top Shelf! I have two SS VTubes that were purchased from the Classys for a price I dare not mention...I can't imagine anything on the market that can out perform these, all things considered, YMMV. Anyone looking for an outstanding VV device will be hard pressed to find a more economical solution.

If their price was not already reasonable enough...if they are not sold out yet...use code 'vtube30' to get 30% off! Add to that, a One Year warranty, excellent Customer Service and a one stop shopping solution...it's a no brainier!
:vapor:
:toast:

I have a Black Vtube and love it. Wanted a chrome but they are sold out. Decided to splurge on a SS but the regular size is also sold out. Being as impatient as I am, I ordered the Mini SS before that sold out too. :) I hope the tanks work better on the SS. I just can't seem to get them to work on the Black Vtube. Way too much lung hit and very little vapor. I'm using a 50/50 blend and punched a larger hole. Any tips??? A regular carto works best on my Black unit. I did purchase the ego adapter with my new SS kit but there doesn't seem to be a problem attaching the tank to the black Vtube, just the hit is all wrong. I'm baffled.

Lickskitty

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
West Virginia
Apollo has the best customer service I have came across. I had a battery charger go bad that I got from them and they sent a replacement very fast. The replacement was actually a little bit better of a charger. They have fast shipping, the juices have zero chemical/bad after taste to them, and the live chat customer service on the website is awesome. Anytime I have had any kind of issue with anything from them they have been very polite and either educated me or replaced what was wrong. I would recommend them to anyone new to vaping.

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
I'm not really a good reviewer, but here we go :)
I won a Dual Coil Tank Cartomizer
Included was 1 6.0 mL refillable metal dual coil tank cartomizer with 1 plastic drip tip and a single 3.0 ohm (two 6.0ohm coils) single punched carto.
I would have to say that this is a nice tank. It looks great, it functions perfectly and I haven't had a single leak in my 5 days of using it. I would recommend this tank to anyone wanting a good looking, functional DC tank.

-Optics-

Fear the Beard...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Louisville, Ky
I've had my beautiful SS Apollo Vtube matched with an equally attractive 3ml DCT for over a week now and love it. I've been vaping almost exclusively on this combo since it arrived. The fit an finish was remarkable, packaged and shipped well which arrived very quick after it was shipped. I did incur some delays in the shipping but as I've stated numerous times, Apollo's customer service is amazing. They were always friendly, professional and extremely helpful in resolving any issues I had.

As for the Vtube itself, it's gorgeous.. I'd post some pics of the device but there is no way I'll come close to matching what Morri posted earlier. As you can see from her images, this is one remarkable looking PV. The device functions as it should, no issues with any sort of malfunction or loss of performance. It does as it should, providing me with a range of voltages to vape whatever I throw at it. Great firing button that is a large easy to use button. Very solid construction and a a nice click feel when pressing it. As I've said, just an overall well constructed device that performs very well.

My only issue with it, was they ran out of full size vtubes in SS so I picked up the mini. Nothing wrong with the mini as it is. More just a little small for my giant hands lol. I have been getting accustomed to it and am adapting well. I feel the full size would be a better fit for me, but I'm loving this mini no matter what. The only drawback to the mini I can see though is the battery. Instead of the IMR 18650 from the full size, you get the IMR 18350. So naturally the battery life will be lower than the full size. On the plus side, they recharge faster as well! With the 3ohm DCT from apollo at higher volts, it can drain quickly. It didn't seem to hit very hard and I've been running it at 5.8-6v to try and get solid hits from it. That I'm sure is the cause for my quick draining of the battery. It may be due to the draw being a bit airy on the DCT, and using the adapter with it helps a bit with the draw. I'm sure using other clearos, cartos, or attys at lower voltage will extend the life of the charge but since I've only used the DCT on it I suppose I only see that side.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the Vtube and I am thrilled to own one. Thank you Apollo for this wonderful PV and fantastic customer service. I'm hoping more vapers can discover your products and enjoy them as much as all of us!

RedFox

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
On the edge of insanity..
Hello all!!! Hope this finds everyone well?! :) I'm waaaay late in doing this review. :unsure:

I won the Standard Vtube Kit from Apollo on the Apollo Ecigs Contest (Win an SS VV Kit) and $1000 in VTubes Per Round thread. I as others opted to upgrade my win to the SS Vtube which Apollo has been so gracious in letting everyone do! I wanted the full size, but unfortunately they were sold out at the time, so I ended up getting the SS mini version instead.

The SS Mini Vtube is a great looking VV PV, and being SS it is very solid in construction. The top 510 connection has the eGo style threading which comes in handy for those with eGo style carts/clearos. While we are looking at the top of the PV you will notice the center pin floats in the device. This will eliminate the need to pull the post on any cart/clearo that you might want to use. This Vtube is also great for dripping with its deep drip well.

The bottom battery cap is also an upgrade from its predecessor. It is completely SS, and while the threads are a little coarse you will have no problems with the threading. I opted to put a little Noalox lubricant on the threads of the cap.

The buttons are the same great buttons of the standard Vtube in that they are very "clicky". I have always like the Vtube for the sound of the button. The added plus on the SS Vtube is that the "fire" button is metal as well, and while I am not 100% sure I believe that the "- and +" buttons are too. The power button looks to be the standard red plastic.

Battery life will vary, but on the SS Mini Vtube with the supplied 18350 I get between 4 to 5 hours before the unit shuts down. I did have a problem with one of my batteries out of the box where the unit would shut down under load, but Sunny and Apollo were very quick to replace at no charge.

To top everything off Apollo ships the Vtube kit with a black leather-like carrying case, 2 18350 batteries, charger, 1 polished drip tip, and 1 3.0 ohm 510 atomizer!

All in all I am very impressed with the Vtube kit from Apollo. Thank you Sunny and all the crew at Apollo for making my experience with them a great one!

And a special thank you to the Uber helpers KK and Redd :)

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
A brief scene from Jurassic Park:

[Tim pops up wearing a pair of night vision goggles]
Gennaro: Hey, where'd you find that?
Tim: In a box under my seat.
Gennaro: Are they heavy?
Tim: Yeah.
Gennaro: Then they're expensive. Put 'em back.

There is an inherent quality associated with heavy electronics, and the Apollo Stainless Steel Mini VTube is heavy. This is not a mod to be stored in your tiny opera purse or to be dropped casually in a dubiously-attached shirt pocket - it has some heft to it thanks to the solid steel housing, and as the weight would imply, the SS Mini VTube is a quality device. Surprisingly, it's not expensive - especially if you use Apollo's 30%-off discount code, which means you get more than you pay for - a rarity in these modern throw-away consumer times.

The redesigned drip well/eGo-friendly top cap marks a huge improvement of the VTube's form and function, and the kit also includes a beautiful stainless steel 510 tip (with an oversized hole for clean and easy dripping), a 3ohm atty, a flat-top battery (your AW IMR 18350's will fit just fine though), single-bay charger, and an Apollo-branded carrying case. My only complaint with the entire package is that the atomizer they included was glossy black instead of silver, which would have matched the Mini/tip combo's motif a little more. Even so, this is one sharp unit:

4GLFA.jpg

This is a fantastic set and it is now my de facto sampling/DIY testing rig. Thanks Apollo!

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I just wanted to compliment Apollo for their delicious RY4. I reviewed it, and sent a sample to billherbst. He also reviewed it. Here are our reviews, quoted from http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lly-big-ry4-roundup-long-230.html#post6850522. Both of us liked this ejuice very much!

Apollo ejuices are $19/30ml, but if you use 'sun' you get 20% off this summer. That brings it down to a respectable 50¢ per ml. They only have 19 flavors, and they only do 60/40 PG/VG.

Many of the RY4s I have tried have three (or more) distinct flavors. You are able to tell the caramel from the vanilla from the tobacco. This is sometimes a good thing. I like a rich, creamy caramel in my RY4. The vanilla might be like icing, or it may be more like extract. The tobacco could be bold or thin. But usually you can pick out all three flavors, even when they blend nicely.

I have trouble distinguishing Apollo's RY4 flavors from each other. They blend almost completely into one RY4 flavor. The tobacco is neither smokey nor tin-like. It is bold yet smooth, not bland at all. But where the tobacco ends and the vanilla/caramel begin is hard to place.

There is a sweetener added, but it is not as malty or as artificial as some. It does give the flavor a Chinese feel. More like a drink than a dessert. This juice lacks the aftertaste I get from most Chinese-type ejuices. Apollo does make all its ejuices in the USA.

The vanilla and caramel are there, but they are neither rich nor creamy. They are bright and give the juice its high notes. Despite the blending of the flavors, this is a nice strong juice. It has plenty of everything I look for in an RY4.

I don't know if I am starting to like the Chinese RY4s, or if this is just a great ejuice. It tastes like how I have imagined the original did. The perfect blending of sweetness into tobacco. Perhaps Bill will have a totally different take on this. He should have his Monday or Tuesday. But if you like RY4s that lean to the oriental side of the spectrum yet have a strong tobacco, you may want to try Apollo's version.

Will I buy it? I saved myself 15ml of the 30ml bottle. If it is still this good after the bottle is gone, I will buy more.

specs: thehangdude sent me a 30ml bottle containing about 12mls of RY4 (thanks, Dude!) from ApolloEcigs. The liquid is a light yellow color, 18mg nic, but I added twelve drops of 100mg nic to kick it up 24mg. Base blend is 60/40 PG/VG. Testing was done using a Boge LR2.3 ohm carto powered by a Vector VV set to 4.3 volts, providing 8.0 watts.

(the hangdude reviewed Apollo RY4 on July 29th in post #2246.)

Apollo has reduced their line-up of eliquids from more than 100 previously to now offer only 19, or, as they state, “the best of the best.” The all-new liquids are 100% made in USA---developed/tested in the U.S., and mixed/packaged/warehoused here as well. Apollo didn’t state the source origins of their flavorings or nic, however. Perhaps those are all-USA also, since USA-made juice seems to be such an important criteria to Apollo.

Every Thursday I spend 90 minutes on the phone talking to one of my most longstanding friends who happens to be suffering from a serious and painful chronic illness. We talk about life, getting old, being damaged, etc. Today I vaped Apollo RY4 during the entire conversation. And I don’t do that unless a juice really pleases me, which Apollo RY4 does.

This is a juice that lives in the gray zone between classic and custom. The flavor profile is classic, but the impact is custom. Unlike very bright classic Chinese RY4s, Apollo RY4 is calm and matter-of-fact, but, unlike custom RY4s that push the flavor envelope, Apollo RY4 stays with the classic mix of flavors.

The word that comes to mind most for me with this juice is restrained. Not subtle, since the flavors are definite, but restrained---held back considerably from maximum richness. It speaks softly rather than shouting, but in a clear and pleasing voice. People who love in-your-face, over-the-top flavors won’t like this RY4. On the other hand, people who appreciate RY4s that are carefully crafted and “adult” should enjoy it, and those looking for a juice they can vape a lot of without its becoming tiresome---the proverbial all-day vape---should love Apollo RY4.

Does Apollo RY4 have enough flavor? Oh yes, easily. Is this particular combination of tobacco, caramel, and vanilla flavorings tasty together? You bet. In fact, it’s delicious. Flavorings here are well-blended rather than distinctive, but the overall effect is wonderful. Almost soothing. I am definitely not an all-day-vape kind of guy, but I could vape Apollo RY4 for hours without even thinking about picking up another juice.

Apollo RY4 is not identical to the RWVapors RY4 I reviewed a couple days ago (Apollo has a brighter caramel and slightly more vanilla), but both are superlative RY4s, among the most satisfying I’ve ever had. I can’t guarantee that any particular vaper will like it, but Apollo RY4 will definitely get a high spot on my personal Top 10 RY4 list.

Apollo RY4 grade: A

link to purchase: Apollo E-Liquids/RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread