• Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse
Hey all, I ordered my Apollo eGo-VV on Friday.... I'm so excited.

Don't get me wrong, I love my extreme, and fully intend on keeping it (mine, it's mine!) I just want something with a bit more punch.

So no review on the eGo-VV (yet), but here's my review on my Extreme:
I'm still a noob, but I have to say, I just love my Extreme. It's sleek and smooth, feels great in my hand (I have small hands). I've tried Blu and one other cig-a-like and I have to say my extreme blows them out of the water. I get so much more vapor and a marvelous throat hit. I've had a co-worker tell me he was surprised at just how much of a hit he got on it.

Apollo's customer service is great. Keep it up folks, you rock!

Reactions: sunny818

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by a_rey88
Thank you Loren!! If you'd like a shot at earning some in store credit for your review, email your review to biggestfan@apolloecigs.com

I've already posted a review on the Extreme Starter kit page and as much as store credit is enticing, I'm so into Apollo hardware I don't need it as an incentive!

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by a_rey88

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Okay, hopefully I'm unlocked now and can post here...

I've had some good and bad experiences with Apollo products, though nothing but a top-notch experience with staff. Long story follows, will try to remember a tl;dr version at the end.

I bought some cheapo eGo knockoffs from a local smoke shop for me and my wife - they worked good off the bat, but I wanted backup power so I came back on here (was around a few years ago and dumped a ton of money into 510s but didn't stick with it). Bought us each an extra Apollo Superior EGO battery and CE4 clearos plus some juice online after looking around a little for a California-based shop, hoping for a quick ship.

Well ship quickly they did - everything arrived in a few days and we were up and running. But almost immediately my wife's battery crapped out (later learned from a tech thread that the contact head wasn't attached right - pried it up with a screwdriver and it works as long as I only screw my clearo on about 2/3 of the way but I'm still kind of scared to use it).

I e-mailed support describing my problem around 8 p.m. on a weeknight expecting a response the next day - nope! Within about 20 minutes an Ashley was back to me and offering to send me a new battery right away or include one free on my next order. Since then I'd fallen in love with the EVOD clearos I got at a brick-and-mortar (and saw Apollo offered them about $4 cheaper online), so I ordered a bunch more, plus a couple boxes of spare replacement coils. After screwing up the order about 3 times (and contacting Ashley about it every time), I finally got things straightened out, and everything again arrived pretty quick, about 3-4 days from the Bay Area to San Diego.

But then a few days ago my battery's light went out. Annoying, but no big deal - I just have to take a test puff when I'm trying to turn it on or off to see if it's working.

The day after that, the battery button started sticking occasionally (maybe 1 out of 30-40 engagements, or 2-3 times a day for me). This is kind of scary, as I have no light to tell me whether the thing is engaged and it sometimes refuses to disengage, all I get is a gurgling sound from the atomizer to let me know that it hasn't shut off and to unscrew the battery quick...not sure what would happen if I missed that, but I've become a little paranoid and I'm afraid to find out. My wife's second battery, however, seems to still be working like a champ after 3 days of use - we love the styling and size on both of them, and performance is good, never had one run out yet.

Side note on juice: the bottle I bought (cherry 18mg) tasted like crap out of the bottle. I've since learned to air fresh juice out, and after steeping for a week it's a lot better - not horrible but not my taste, though the wife loves it.

Side note on EVODs - although they're advertised on the site as Kanger brand, the expensive ones I bought at a local store say "EVOD BCC" on them, no markings on the ones I mail ordered. The coils are also in a different box (black satin box at store, plain white from mail order) - not sure if this means one or the other is a knockoff or both are legit with different markings, all of them are working in the same fashion (f'in awesome) at the moment.

At this point I'm a little hesitant to go back and whine again that both of the batteries I paid for are malfunctioning, they were helpful with the first one but I don't want to seem like I'm just trying to scam freebies, and if the product (from my very limited sample size) has a 66% fail rate I'm a little hesitant to keep going back for more.

tl;dr: Good prices, awesome customer service, questionable whether I'm horribly unlucky or if the store-brand product is substandard. Still debating whether or not to buy more because I'm so impressed with the people there...

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by a_rey88

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by a_rey88

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Okay, so after some good use, here's my latest take:

My replacement battery is working great, though it's definitely not the same as the first three we received. This one is about 5mm taller and has a white fire button instead of blue (though it's not the one that turns from white to blue as the battery dies, as I'd hoped). Regardless, zero problems with it through about 5 charge cycles.

The other three of the four batteries we've received, not so great. Loose center pin on one, failed button light and sticking button on another, loose post where the delivery device attaches on the third. Like I said in another thread, if Apollo is sticking with whoever their new supplier is for batteries, good on them since it's holding up as a quality product. Customer service remains top-notch. 75% product fail rate, not so hot.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by a_rey88

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by a_rey88

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
I started with Apollo as my first eCig, got their Superior eGo kit, protanks, iClears and a bunch of other smaller kits as gifts.
Their prices are very reasonable, and they are quite reliable.

* I live in Walnut Creek which is ten minute ride to their Concord building from which they sell, warehouse, distribute and manufacture (I think only the eliquid) - so obviously I have no idea about their shipping as I pickup everything from their store (same building); however I can tell you that All of them are very nice and professional. its a quite large building (I took a few peaks inside :) ) and it seems very organized.

So its a Real and serious company in concord CA, and it is an asset to have them in the east bay.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by a_rey88

10PassionRed

Nov 24, 2015
New to Apollo, just got my Vtube 4 for my birthday yesterday. Here is my review thus far:

1) I love the kit comes with everything that I need to vape right out of the box. I mean EVERYTHING...
2) I love that the mod can fit my aerotank mini and other 510 tanks and look good doing it.
3) I am an engineer and I can tell this thing is well-engineered from top to bottom. This does have caviats (below).
4) I love the power contained. 50W out of a tube mod is damn impressive.
5) I've only taken 120 hits or so (tracking!) and they have all been the best smoke I have ever had. Got guava lava with the kit.
6) I've heard their support is second to none.
7) Shipping was FAST. Like 2 days order to doorstep. Impressive!

Dislikes:
1) The bottom right corner of the screen has a defect that is sticking up and catches my nail/hand/whatever. It's so tiny but not even close to smooth like the other 3 corners. I'll plan to email Apollo directly to get this resolved. I hope I just got a defective mod.
2) It seems like in the first second or two the coil isn't being limited to wattage and I get a LOT of crackling, even to the point of spitting juice into my mouth. As I understand it the unit SHOULD be limiting power to the wattage I am using, but it may be user error. I have guava lava in there with the ports full open (air and juice) running it around 16 watts.
3) There is a gap between the unit and it's own tank (Phazer). This is something I did not expect and isn't a deal breaker but really irks me already. For such a well-engineered product I would have expected it to fit flush on the mod with the ring on it. I may shelve the Phazer for this reason alone. Some of my more shallow 510's fit flush (can't see light when held behind).
4) When I swap coils it does not test and show the new ohm/volt combo until I fire the unit. I wish it detected the change and let me know it saw the new coil before I fired the unit. Going from 50W at 0.2 ohm and replacing with a 1.5 ohm coil, I'd hate to melt a coil because I forgot (I swap then leave the mod without firing often).

I look forward to learning more in using the unit, and this is a VERY abbreviated review. I look forward to working with Apollo on replacing the screen section with one that is nice and flush with the unit!

Thanks!

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I just want to thank Arvin for his exceptional customer service. I recently won a Reliant mod (with a ton of extras) in their contest. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mod. I don't do as much TC as its capable of, but for me, it's nice to have that capability. I had won a red, and a friend had won a black so we swapped, as she really had her heart set on red, and I preferred black (seriously, it could be polka dotted with stripes and I'd still love it). After receiving the black one, it started to auto fire. I emailed Arvin, who asked me to mail it back and they would replace it. Didn't even need the old one in hand, just asked for a tracking number. I'm so happy--- my replacement arrived already and it's just as wonderful as I remember it being.

I can't say enough good things about everyone at Apollo....you've earned a customer for life!

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Mackan1

May 27, 2016
Scotland, UK
Just bought last week the Apollo VTube 5.0 with Temperature Control Vaping Kit in the UK

2m3o41d.jpg

VTube V5.0 Vaping Kit Includes:
  • (1) Apollo VTube V5.0
  • (1) Apollo Phazer Sub-Ohm Tank 0.2 and 0.5 inc
  • (1) Apollo Carry Case
  • (1) LG ICR 18650 HE4 High-Drain Battery 2500mAh 20A (18650)
  • (1) Trustfire Dual 18650 Charger
  • (1) 16ml bottle of MAX VG E-liquid of your choice (I picked funky Monkey)
what can i say item arrived in 2 days even tho I ordered my item around 2-3pm, There online chat is second to nothing even gave me a 20% code to use with my order and some free sample E-Liquid on top of that and one week later they posted a 30% of code on there website (discount cost "may30" for 30% off till May 31 2016) I contacted them again thought online chat and was refunded the difference.

The Sub-Ohm Tank was just what I was after and the product is top class i cannot fault it in anyway apart from the 5.0 version does not have a puff counter and in strong sun light it is hard to read the screen (not like I need to see it tho)

Variable wattage from 5-50 Watts, You can adjust the wattage in 0.1W increments which is great and I like that. Can fire an atomizer as low as 0.2 Ohms.

I get a very nice flavour and cloud from this item. i am using it at 0.5 Ohms at 30-35 Watts and it is now my daily product.

It is now called my lightsaber.

Lovely Company and would recommend them to anyone

P.S today I just ordered up 2x NEW FAQ Funky Monkey Max VG E-Liquid (30ml + 10ml) and 1x NEW FAQ Miss Samoa Max VG E-Liquid (30ml + 10ml) with there 30% Off code. Cannot wait to try the "Miss Samoa Max VG"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread