Status
Not open for further replies.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Welcome to the HHV Drinks reviews thread!

Here you will be able to find reviews for all the HHV Coffee and Beverage lines of e-juice. The purpose of this thread is for reference only. It is not a discussion area. We want people to be able to quickly scan the posts and find the information they are looking for without having to wade through hundreds of comments.

Anyone (that's you) may post in this thread as long as it meets two criteria:

1) Your post must be in the form of a review for one or more of the juice flavors listed here.
2) You must put the juice name, PG/VG ratio, and nic level at the top of each reviewed post.

Please do not leave any comments to the reviews you find in this thread. Any posts found not to follow the above guidelines may be deleted by a moderator.

The flavors eligible for review in this thread are:

Caramel Cappuccino
Dew
Island Dream
Java Smooth
Mocha Java Smooth

So what are you waiting for? Get reviewin'!

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Island Dream 70/30 PG/VG 12mg

This one took a little while for me to warm up to. I first got this in 18mg and had to vape a whole tank to start liking it. I did finish the bottle and ordered it again in 30ml with one difference - I went down to 15mg. I don't know if that actually was what turned me around. I now ADORE this juice!

Think coconut at the front then the rum flavor comes along with some sweet added in. I want to be on an island vaping this. It is also awesome mixed in with Pirate's Booty to give PB just a little bit more of a Caribbean feel. Because the coconut is the dominating flavor, just vape Island Dream and refill the Vivi with PB. No need to clean it out ;)

zeh ani

Jul 31, 2012
Israel
Mocha Java Smooth 60/40 PG/VG 6mg

Am vaping on it right now and I love it. It has a nice strong coffee flavor and as with all of HHV juices the vapor it produces is very nice. I am using it on my Provari with a vivi nova tank and am in "vapor heaven". I vape this one most of the day and sometimes will mix in some Tuscan Cocoa for a little dash of chocolate.

Bodach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Georgia
Dew
70/30 12mg

It is exactly like the soda. It really is. I tested this via a friend. Without telling them what the liquid was, I asked them to take some puffs. Didn't tell them why, just that I'd gotten a new liquid and wanted to know what they thought. All my other taste test sessions had been tobacco flavors. Immediately he said "HAHA! Did you just pour (well, a trademark here from a mountain of a company, but you can figure it out) into your clearo or something?!"

I mean, it tastes exactly like it. If you like the soda, then you will love this vape.

I got it as kind of a novelty and curiosity. I am generally an exclusive tobacco vaper, but couldn't help myself from trying this. Turns out it's a great vape. Dew is not one where you'll notice a flavor mute after chain vaping. The experience of vaping something that you've only only know as a beverage might turn some people off. Don't let it! This is my favorite non-coffee drink e-liquid.

I prefer it to the actual thing now.

I noticed it has a very solid throat hit compared to other 70/30 liquids. Almost a flavor UN-muter. After you let your pallet experience it's wonderfulness, everything resets and you can fully taste other tobacco liquids in full again. At least, that has been my experience.

Last edited:

Apocleon

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
Northern California
Dew 60/40 pg/vg 18mg Reviewed on an Ego-twist with a Smoktech 2.5 ohm XL carto.

This one tastes exactly like Mountain Dew. I've even tried testing this out with a real can of Mountain Dew, really to me there is no difference this is an exact clone. The only thing missing is the fizz. As far as TH is concerned this is above average you definitely are going to feel like your inhaling something. Most things I vape on my twist I do at around 4.0 to 4.2 this one is plenty strong enough at 3.8 for me. The vapor for a 60/40 blend also seems above average.

As far a steeping goes I find it tastes the same right out of the mail as it does in 3 months. I held a little back on one on of my bottles and gave it a three month steep, I'm really not seeing a difference.

I got this hoping it would be both good as well as be useful in helping me cut down on Mountain Dew since I wanted to lower my caffeine intake. It has succeeded in both these things. These days when I get the Mountain Dew urge I just vape this instead.

In conclusion, if your looking for an exact clone of Mountain Dew then 'Dew' is exactly that. I honestly couldn't be happier with this vape.

Last edited:

cmfm

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Los Angeles
DEW 50/50 18mg + mild menthol

Like everyone else said so far the flavor is pretty spot on with the drink. The addition of the menthol really adds a nice cool touch to it as well. I stopped drinking soda a few months back and this is an awesome replacement for whenever I start to feel the need to grab a soda.
For a 50/50 juice the throat hit is pretty hard but still nice. Definitely recommend this if you're looking for something new.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Java Smooth

0PG/100VG 18 mg nic

This needed to steep about a month for the complexity of the flavors to shine through for me. (The coffee that I drink needs to be strong with a touch of cream and sugar and that's what I'm comparing this to.)

This vape is perfect with some nutty undertones to it. I wouldn't have imagined drinking coffee with a nutty flavor but as a vape it's a very bold and creative move. It's smooth because it has a touch of cream, yet not so much that it would taste "milky!"

I found the best flavor by dripping in a 2.0 bridgeless atty with my ego twist set at 4.2. Using clearomizers or cartos muted the flavor too much.

If you're looking for a coffee vape, this is it.

WooseyWid

Jan 14, 2013
New Jersey
Dew 70/30 18mg

I love this stuff and I recommend that you should try it. Even if you don't like the soda, you should try it. It is very crisp and refreshing and just sweet enough for an all day vape. The lemon/lime flavor is there but you can also taste the carbonation/fizziness that comes with soda. The fizzy flavor intensifies the throat hit just like a fresh soda tingles your tongue.

If you are ordering juice from HHV that requires steeping, pick up some DEW because it is great right out of the mailbox.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Caramel Cappuccino
70/30 PG/VG
12 mg/ml nic

I only tried CC in the small 3ml sample size, but fell in love with it at first vape. It had a deep rich coffee taste and scrumcious caramel blend. However, 3ml was not nearly enough to completely wrap my head/tongue around, so I ordered a 30 ml bottle that just arrived last week. My review would have been complete if I were able to compare the present bottle to the first sample, unfortunately, my buds are under attack from an unknown virus and are not co-operating. I will try to update this in the future when my buds come back to me.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Caramel Cappuccino
50/50 PG/VG
6 mg/ml nic

Devices: Kanger T3; HH.357 Attomizer
Power: Vamo, eGo-C Twist, and Version Spinner

Ok, my buds are more or less back to normal so I decided to update my review of Caramel Cappuccino. This is a new batch born on the 1st of February and was steeped with caps and drip tips off 2 days and 2 more weeks with caps back on. I asked for extra flavor on this batch as well. While not quite the same as I remember the first sample, it is still a very nice e-juice. The caramel & cream blend is there, but not syrupy sweet as the rich coffee flavor rounds it out nicely. Being in Thailand for so long, I think tastes have leaned towards more robust coffee flavors. This is where I believe Caramel Cappuccino is lacking ever so much - it's just a tad light on the coffee side for my normal tastes.

I haven't dismissed this juice by no means. Several other HHV juices started out the same way for me. Black & Blue for example, IMO, had a very weak berry flavor at first, but after a month or so the berry flavor came alive and is now one of my favorite fruit vapes. So, I'm going to put it up for a while and come back to it. As far as throat hit is concerned, personally, I don't like a heavy TH. If the TH is too hard, it feels like the dog buried a bone in the back of my throat and reminds me of one of the reasons I quit analogs. At 50/50 ratio the TH is just right for me, YMMV. That ratio also gives me more than enough of vapor production!

In conclusion, if you are a cappuccino drinker, you might want to give this juice a try. I can't and won't say you'll love it, because everyone perceives flavors in different ways. In my opinion, and that's worth what you paid for it, CC is a very good vape in the morning or after a meal. Don't think I could vape it all day, but I could come back to it several times during the day - I like to switch up juices a lot. :)

PS - I didn't discern much difference in taste between the T3 & HH.357. The T3 (2.5 ohm) was running at about 4v - 4.3v and the .357 (1.5 ohm) at 3.6v - 3.9v.

Last edited:

Ceridianblu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Texas
100% VG @12MG. I LOVE coffee vapes and am on a constant quest to find one that knocks my socks off. Mocha Java Smooth started out kind of weak right out of the mail. Not believing it was going to improve much I set it aside for a month then tried it again. Wow, what an amazing change! The flavor deepened and has now become my all day vape. My biggest problem is being patient and allowing the flavors to develop. I should have vape mail arriving soon. The long processing time means I need to order again now so they can have time to steep before I need them. Thankfully HHV now offers 50 ml bottles. Well worth the wait!!:)

Last edited:

Sassington

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Central Florida, US
Caramel Cappuccino

70/30 12mg in an evod on an Ego-C Twist running 3.8-4v

Definitely not my favorite flavor. I have to rank this low, but that's just my opinion/impression. If you gave this to me unlabeled and asked me to identify the flavor, I'd tell you that it's a very rich flavor of buttered popcorn. It's spot on for popcorn. I can't get more than three pulls on it and I'm done.

I got this in a sample size, so I'm not bummed out that it didn't strike my fancy. It got wonderful reviews so I gave it a shot, but everyone is different and this one isn't for me. Oh well - on to the next! :D

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Didn't follow thread guidelines Hahah

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Caramel Cappuccino

70/30 12mg in an evod on an Ego-C Twist running 3.8-4v

Definitely not my favorite flavor. I have to rank this low, but that's just my opinion/impression. If you gave this to me unlabeled and asked me to identify the flavor, I'd tell you that it's a very rich flavor of buttered popcorn. It's spot on for popcorn. I can't get more than three pulls on it and I'm done.

I got this in a sample size, so I'm not bummed out that it didn't strike my fancy. It got wonderful reviews so I gave it a shot, but everyone is different and this one isn't for me. Oh well - on to the next! :D

This was a flavor I long passed by and never tried. Surprising as the other two coffee flavors are some of my favorites. I like it. I do get where folks describe a popcorn kind of flavor though. I get that from this one java smooth and mocha java smooth. This one after a week or two gets very heavy in caramel though. Often find myself reaching for this one just before bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I drip on a 1.5 ohm coil at or about 3.7v. My juices are all 40/60 and 18mg.
Mocha java smooth
This was my first coffee vape from HHV. Very smooth buttery in nature with a cocoa overtone. Often described as a buttery popcorn. I can see that. Not exactly coffee but it's still good. It's kind of a sweet creamy buttery popcorn I guess. Mild th and tons of vapor. No steeping required.

Java smooth
Just what you would think. This is MJS without the mocha. I actually like this better than MJS. Seems smoother and creamier to me. Yet again I see where folks taste popcorn. Similar th to MJS. Always tons of vapor. No steeping required.

Caramel cappuccino
This one escaped my radar for some time. The caramel is very evident and after a few weeks nearly overpowers the "popcorn" flavor present in these three. This is a very good smooth caramel flavor similar to heavenly tobacco. I'd say this one had the best th of the three and vapor is on par with the rest of HHV juices. This one changed flavor the most after steeping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Dew, 70/30, 18mg

OK, I'll just say it. My Dew review is more valuable than anyone else's. Why? I was hooked on Mountain Dew before anyone ever heard of it. I started back when only one out of every 20 stores carried it and you had to look in the back of the bottom shelf to find it. And then you had to wipe the dust off the bottle before opening it. Back in the days before plastic bottles (remember the returnable 16oz glass bottles?). In those days, many people confused it with Green River. Two totally different sodas (or "pop" where I grew up in Chicago). Well, since those early days, I'd be hard pressed to think of a single day I went without Mountain Dew. The first thing I do when I wake up is go for a MD. I averaged 48 oz per day through my mid 40's before limiting myself to 24 daily ozs. I credit Mountain Dew for getting me through undergrad. No question about it. I went to school full time, lived on my own, supported myself 100%, and worked a job to do it (and never took a loan). That meant NO SLEEP! If I got 3 hours it was a treat. So I supplemented my lifestyle by guzzling Mountain Dew...stretches where I would drink 96oz in a day just to stay awake. Yessiree, me and Mountain Dew have a very special relationship...40+ years. This makes me an expert Dew reviewer. Any questions? :)

Anyhow, as for the HHV Dew review...I am really enjoying this vape. The throat hit and vapor production are quite surprising. I wasn't expecting them to be so prominent. They are! Very impressed. The flavor? Let me break that down to two approaches...does it taste like MD and is it any good? Does it taste like Mountain Dew? Well, mostly. I'd say 80%. They're both lemon/lime citrusy to be sure. To me, it is closer to Mellow Yellow (a MD wannabe). But again, it's not far off and I'm surprised Heather got this one as close as she did. Let's face it, vapor is not the same as carbonation. One has more "feel" than the other so we are comparing lemons and limes (so to speak). But both MD and HHV Dew share something in common and it is that mild sweet tart flavor that is so addicting. I'd say the lime is slightly more dominant than the lemon but remains mostly balanced and similar to Mountain Dew. HHV Dew has just a hint of soapy flavor in it that I'm guessing comes from the PG/VG. It isn't offensive but is a faint note that is in the vape that is not in the drink.

If you are a Mountain Dew enthusiast, I'm fairly confident you would like this vape...even if for novelty reasons. But if you like a sweet, tart vape, I think you would like HHV Dew as well. The TH and vapor wont disappoint you. And I don't think the flavor will either. Now, if Heather could only figure out a way to get some caffeine in this juice!

Last edited:

Chimps McGhee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Kansas City, KS
Lemonade, 70/30, 18mg

I ordered this bottle of Lemonade the day that it was released on HHV's site. When it arrived I was at a point with my juice inventory that I had way too many new flavors to even think about trying them all out in a reasonable amount of time, so the Lemonade was put right beside the bottles of PB and Huntsman that I ordered with it, and there it sat for the 2 days with the caps off, followed by a trip to the vape box.

Funny thing, once it arrived in the vape box it was nearly forgotten for close to a month, as Legend, Sludge, PB and DF keep finding their way into tanks when I have an empty one. ;) Anywho, I finally reached in to grab the Lemonade for last week's fishing trip. Something about lemonade on the lake is just a perfect fit for me. So here we are, 1.9 ohm coiled eVod filled with Lemonade, on my VAMO at 8 watts. The lemon in this juice is spot on. There is a tartness to it that was expected, and it is well balanced with an underlying sweetness that rounds out the juice very well. Its definitely a lemonade, and is very similar to the Simply Lemonade brand that is found in the grocery store. If you're looking for something more along the lines of fresh squeezed lemons with water and sugar added to taste, this might just slightly miss that mark for you. I prefer the Simply Lemonade flavor, both for convenience as well as "consistency" in flavor, and this juice is a very good match for the well blended sweetness/tartness that is found in that juice. It does not have the artificial taste that I get from minute maid or country time types of lemonades. The citrus in this juice gives it just the right amount of tartness without becoming a sour lemon flavor.

This juice is perfect for those warm summer afternoons outside with the kiddos, as well as a perfect fit on the lake with fishing pole in hand. There is a very faint taste of the PG/VG that Bronze alluded to in his Dew review above, but it is not offensive at all, just wanted to point out that it is there in the background of this juice. I would imagine that with just a little more lemon the citrus flavor would overpower this taste completely.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Peach green tea

Just received this one today. 40/60 with 18mg nic.
Awesome. It's Nestea peach green tea in a vape. Not perfumey at all. They've even managed to catch that slight bitterness I get from the bottled tea. This is different from all the other peach vapes. The others are very "real" peach tasting. This one has more of the artificial candy peach taste. Which works great. I think it makes it taste that much more like the drink itself. Lots of vapor and throat hit is average. Chalk up another HHV flavor to the I like it list.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread