Ridiculously over-rated mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Last summer I bought a Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus to replace an older RX200 whose 510 started to give me connection issues. I bought it knowing full well that it could never reach its advertised wattage power of 213 watts. I never vape over 40 watts, so the false advertising claims wasn't an issue for me. I liked its looks and pocketability. I liked the large multicolor screen and the actual battery voltage of both batteries on screen. I also liked its overall manufacturing quality.

As per my usual, I had fully researched this mod and knew exactly what I was getting. Having said that, it was soon designated to backup use when I got my JAC Vapour DNA75W a couple of months later. I get a full day's use with the single battery JAC; I was getting only a day's use with the two batteries in the Segelei, vaping at the same 30 watts and using the same batteries. The result of the better quality DNA board? Probably.

sig_red.png

dna-w1.jpg
I have a 213 then got a Sig spectrum with led lights and it lasts twice as long with the same batts. Something in the 213 drains.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I have the Dovpo MVV and love it - it is not a 300W device and nowhere does it say on their site that it fires 300W. It comes with a table (in the box and on their site) that gives a rough guide for initial settings for different resistance builds and the approximate corresponding wattage.

Next to that it says max wattages - these are not the max wattages the device will fire and do not correspond with the wattages that the device refuses to fire, which are lower, so it seems it was intended just as a little guide in the right direction for users i.e. lower resistance -> start really low with the voltage, and if you really want that maximum you may need a more powerful device. The idea was to keep the safety features of a regulated device but get rid of anything that adds unnecessary confusion for new vapers.

Most of my builds will not fire above the 3rd notch on the potentiometer, one (0.08ohms) not above the 2nd (including the minimum point notch as the first out of 5). The websites selling them have used this table to erroneously advertise the product as 300W when really its major selling point is the precise opposite - compared to most dual (or more) 18650 VV devices the MVV is capable of firing at much lower voltages, while still having the available power for most builds.

The Dovpo VEE is basically the same device but with a screen telling you the voltage and buttons rather than a dial to vary the voltage. I'm fairly certain this is because they wanted to avoid another product being advertised as one of these beastly devices that the thread is complaining about. It also looks prettier and costs more as its newer which is why I bought the MVV instead...

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
The trend of producing mods with ludicrously ambitious power ratings has reached a new level. Putting aside the obvious safety issues, there are no two batteries on the market capable of getting anywhere near the power levels of these chips. It's dishonest and could lead to people injuring themselves.

Sigelei GW 257W TC Box Mod UK
Sigelei GW 257W
Arguably if you used two Samsung INR21700-30T (35A) you could use the first 0.1 volts before you hit the internal 35 amp limit of the chip, and the amp limit of the batteries. And thats one battery, and how many of the thousands of people who will buy this will even know about it.

Authentic Dovpo MVV 300W VV Mechanical Mod
Dovpo MVV Mechanical Mod 300 watts
300 watts from two 18650s, utterly ridiculous and downright dangerous to even try.

What do you guys think about the reuleaux Gen 3 300w regulated mod? Rip Trippers says it can actually Achieve 300 watts for a short period of time. That is my current mod and I do like it however not for the power as I Vape between 80 and 100 Watts but for the battery life

Reactions: stols001

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
What do you guys think about the reuleaux Gen 3 300w regulated mod? Rip Trippers says it can actually Achieve 300 watts for a short period of time. That is my current mod and I do like it however not for the power as I Vape between 80 and 100 Watts but for the battery life
I would just like to be able to Crank It Up with the right sub ohm tank or build and see what it can do for the fun of it

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
With the right build, it may be possible. But I am sceptical, and believe it will max out around 225w. I built a pair of coils for it when i got mine, and cranked it up slowly. I couldn't tell much of a difference in 225w and 300w. Not very scientific, but as crude as that method is it showed its limits pretty well, in my opinion.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
With the right build, it may be possible. But I am sceptical, and believe it will max out around 225w. I built a pair of coils for it when i got mine, and cranked it up slowly. I couldn't tell much of a difference in 225w and 300w. Not very scientific, but as crude as that method is it showed its limits pretty well, in my opinion.
Well that's understandable. I believe the limitations of my Samsung 25 ours are what like 260 Watts? No I'm probably wrong but it's somewhere around there. Just curious I like the mod at 80 Watts the batteries last me two days. Thank you for your reply

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
How do you like it? Any problems?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
How do you like it? Any problems?
I enjoy it. Very small for a three battery mod, and battery life is awesome. I run mine at 80-90w with a Bonza or my Reload RTA clone. The display warms up some, but that is to be expected with the chip being so close to the surface, it doesn't bother me though as I know it isn't hurting anything.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser

The Gen 3 is fantastic, I use mine every day. I run it with 30Qs at around 65 watts and I get days of runtime.
I haven't watched the RT video on it, but I'm sure the chip set is capable of 300 watts. The issue is the availability of 18650s capable of safely supplying sufficient current to generate this wattage.

Lets do the maths -

300 watts is 100 watts per battery
100 watts at 4.2 volts is 25 amps
100 watts at 3.5 volts is 30 amps

So if you used a 30 amp battery like the LG HB6 you could run with 300 watts as long as you did not discharge them below 3.5 volts. 300 watts is a lot of power and the HB6 is 1500 mAh, so the runtime would be very short. I'm basing this on a 95% efficient mod, I'm not exactly sure what the Gen 3 is but it's in this ballpark.

Well that's understandable. I believe the limitations of my Samsung 25 ours are what like 260 Watts? No I'm probably wrong but it's somewhere around there.

The 25R is a 20 amp battery so no, 180 watts would be the limit based on a 3.2 volt cutoff from the mod.

Ohms/Watts Law - Calculating safe amp usage | E-Cigarette Forum

7fdf0dbf-4d99-4676-932d-b3259735ef7d-jpeg.735233

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Well that's understandable. I believe the limitations of my Samsung 25 ours are what like 260 Watts? No I'm probably wrong but it's somewhere around there. Just curious I like the mod at 80 Watts the batteries last me two days. Thank you for your reply
The Samsung 25r is a 20-amp battery, so you shouldn't go above 180w.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Yeah I will never stress mine out that much. The highest I personally go is 110 watts. And only to show off. I imangine some will try to go higher which I can imagine would in some cases be dangerous. My Gen 3 came WITH batteries, Samsung 25 R's. That reduces it's capabilities but someone might not be aware as they would expect the included batteries to handle the stress of the mods ratings.

• Agree

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Last summer I bought a Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus to replace an older RX200 whose 510 started to give me connection issues. I bought it knowing full well that it could never reach its advertised wattage power of 213 watts. I never vape over 40 watts, so the false advertising claims wasn't an issue for me. I liked its looks and pocketability. I liked the large multicolor screen and the actual battery voltage of both batteries on screen. I also liked its overall manufacturing quality.

As per my usual, I had fully researched this mod and knew exactly what I was getting. Having said that, it was soon designated to backup use when I got my JAC Vapour DNA75W a couple of months later. I get a full day's use with the single battery JAC; I was getting only a day's use with the two batteries in the Segelei, vaping at the same 30 watts and using the same batteries. The result of the better quality DNA board? Probably.

Same here. I was getting all day and into the next morning on once 18650 in my Pico 75W. I saw a deal on a Smok Alien with dual cells and thought, "Maybe those two cells will give me two days vaping or at least a bit more than the Pico". I got the same battery life at 10W as the Pico. Go figure. The electronics must be terribly hungry on the Alien just because it supposedly has the guts for 220W with the right coil resistance.

Last edited:

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
At 8.5 Watt power, my two battery eLeaf Invoke has the same runtime of my one battery Pico 75 W.
On the other hand, the Yihi Q class, two batteries, lasts the double of the Pico 75, as you would reasonably expect.
Possibly, run of the mill mods are tuned to be efficient at mid power.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread