Rincoe Manto 228W TC Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Manto 228W TC Box mod from Rincoe. The Rincoe Manto 228W TC Box mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Nicole from Rincoe.

http://www.rincoe.com/product/showproduc...=cn&id=108

Introduction

When i first saw pictures and read the spec of the Manto i genuinely thought Rincoe must of been around for a while and had just passed me by as if this was a device the likes of vaporesso (for example) had just released i would be thinking "Vaporesso's new device looks superb" (and i really like Vaporesso products). The Manto is Rincoe's first Box Mod and they really have hit the ground running with a stylish 228W dual battery device which as well as wattage supports TC and has one of the nicest colour displays i have seen which is helped by the 2" TFT colour screen. So i will get on and give my thoughts about the Manto 228W TC Box Mod by Rincoe.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Manto 228W Mod
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Manto comes in cardboard packaging and is tightly packed within the box so should not get damaged during transit, i received the Rainbow version, the Manto is also available in Blue, Stainless Steel, Full Black and Red. My first thoughts was Vaporesso and i mean that in a good way as i'm very much including finish and build quality into the comparison. After studying the device closely it actually as more of an X-priv look but does use the same IML durable material as the Vaporesso Revenger range of devices. The device is slightly shorter than the average dual battery device but overall size is about average as it has more girth to it than the other devices i have compared it to, it is also slightly lighter than the average dual device. The girth comes from it's curvy ergonomic shape which see's both sides, front and back all curve outwards while all 4 corners are also rounded. The front and back have a mirrored finish which is the IML which makes it one hell of a fingerprint magnet (but nothing a soft cloth won't solve) with mine being the Rainbow version (which is a metallic Rainbow) it really is a breeding ground for fingerprints. The front of the device has "Rincoe" printed central top, towards the bottom above the central positioned micro USB port we have the protruding curved left and right buttons, these buttons are spaced nicely (one either side) and are also a nice size. Housed centrally underneath the front panel is the 2" TFT colour screen, the back panel has "MANTO" printed centre bottom and has a very faded patterned design which is so understated you can only see it in very good light. One side of the device has a large rectangular light switch style fire button towards the top, the other side is featureless. The base has etched safety stamps and very generous venting, moving to the top we have a raised circular section which houses the 510 plate, the 510 is Gold plated and spring loaded. The build quality as mentioned is very good and depite being lighter than the average dual device it feels sturdy and very durable.

Also Comes as a Kit

I only received the Manto 228W Mod but as you will notice from the manufacturers pictures i have used it is also available with the Metis Tank as a kit. It is a bit disappointing i didn't receive the kit as looking at the pictures the Metis looks a very handsome tank indeed. The Metis is 25mm diameter around the base, top-fill and has a large 6ml capacity. It also allows you to use mainstream coils including Baby Beast coils, the coil provided with the kit is a 0.15 mesh coil but there is also a 0.15 hive coil available.

http://www.rincoe.com/product/showproduc...=cn&id=122

http://www.rincoe.com/product/showproduc...=cn&id=106

Manto Specs and Features:

Size: 47.5x31x89.5mm
Battery Type: 2x18650 cells
Material: Zinc alloy & Stoving varnish
Power Range: 1.0-228W
Input Voltage: 6V-8.4V
Temperature Control Range: 200-600℉ (100-315℃)
USB Charging: 5V/2A
Max Output Current: 50A
Max Output Voltage: 8V
Screen: 2.0" TFT Colour
Modes: VW Mode (min, normal, high, max), TC Mode (Ni, Ti, SS, TCR)
Small size and rounded edges, more comfortable in the hand
A beautiful 3D user interface
0.002 instant fire
Upgradeable and available for both Windows and IOS
IML anti-scratch panel with a unique pattern
Multiple protections to avoid potential risks
Magnetic back cover makes replacing batteries very easy
Thread: 510
Colours: Blue, Stainless Steel, Rainbow, Full Black, Red

Fitting the Batteries

The dual 18650 batteries fit by removing the back panel with the help of a little notch at the bottom of the device. The battery compartment is very clean and has clear, bright marked orientation in White, the battery panel secures in place with 2 magnets at the top and one long magnet central bottom. The door feels very secure but does have slight movement with the batteries fitted (no movement without batteries) but it's not a contender for coming off while in use.

Using the Manto

The Manto is the normal 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and when on i was immediately impressed with the 3D look circular central design that displays your wattage (temperature when in temp control) and puffs within the design and your preheat around the outer edge. The display shows the rest of the information top and bottom of the screen and i like the layout as it's very uncluttered helped by the screen being 2". Top right and top left is the 2 battery status bars, towards the bottom on the left we have the resistance and to the right the volts (wattage when in temp control), finally at the bottom we have a time vaped progress bar that moves in real time. When attaching your tank the device automatically reads the resistance, when in temp control the device asks if it's the same or a new coil then after you make your choice it locks the resistance. Although the Manto will appeal to experience vapers it's simple user friendly interface would also suit a new vaper, to enter the menu system is 3 clicks of the fire button. Once in the menu system it lists 3 options which are VW Mode, TC Mode and Settings, if you choose VW Mode it gives you the preheat options to choose from before then going back to the main screen. The preheat options are Min, Normal, High and Max, but sadly no curves which is a feature i love using. TC Mode gives you the options of Nickel, Titanium, Stainless Steel and TCR (to enter a TCR value), when in temp control where it displayed volts in wattage mode now displays watts and pressing fire and left together allows you to adjust it right up to the maximum wattage. Finally settings gives you the options of adjusting the brightness of the screen, setting screen timeout and selecting what colour you want certain items of the screen to be displayed in, finally we have factory reset. Going back to choosing the colour, i love the way the different colours to choose from are displayed as a pie chart with equal sized segments, it looks like a multicoloured pizza. The only other feature is pressing the left and right buttons together locks and unlocks the navigational buttons but the device will still fire. The screen does have a slightly tinted cover but with the brightness turned up i was able to read the display perfectly ok outdoors.

Safety Features:

Short Circuit Protection
10 Seconds Cut Off
Low Voltage Protection
Over Heating Protection
Reverse Polarity Protection

Comparison with X-Priv

My Experience Using the Manto

Firstly as i now tend to do is to point out that i do not use temp control and i don't have the equipment to get factual data on the device but simply review a device from a personal vaping experience.
Most devices fire pretty damn quick of late but the instantaneous ramp up and firing of the Manto was very noticeable the other thing that really stood out was it's efficiency as the battery life was noticeably very good, i doubt it is going to do 228W but after using it i don't feel it's anymore under-powered than other devices of it's type. The buttons on the Manto are quite stiff and take quite a press which won't be to everyone's liking but i personally liked the buttons especially the light switch style fire button which like the navigational buttons give a satisfying click. Using the device as already described is incredibly easy but i did miss not having a curves feature, lastly on the main good points is the ergonomics are great, the device is so comfortable to hold and fire and despite not being heavy it's girth makes it feel reassuring in the hand. The Manto supports 2A charging but as ever i personally would only charge the batteries in the device if i have no other option, it's also upgradeable using Windows or IOS.

Conclusion

I give my opinion on a device and don't actually tell people what to do with their money and no different here, but one thing to point out is if anyone would be put off simply because Rincoe is a new company then that would be a pity because the Manto holds it's own against similar devices i have reviewed of late from well established manufacturers.

Very nice looking
Very well made
Sturdy
No button rattle
2" colour TFT display
Temp control (not tested)
3D style main screen and pie chart colour options
Centred 510
Ramps up and Fires Instantly
All buttons nice and clicky
Simple User Interface
Battery orientation in White
Efficient
Firmware upgradeable

Dislikes

Slight movement on battery door
No Curves
Over 25mm tanks overhang (26mm don't look too bad)
Fingerprint Magnet.

I would once again like to thank Nicole from Rincoe for supplying the Manto 228W TC Box Mod for the purpose of this review.

http://www.rincoe.com/product/showproduc...=cn&id=108

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread